Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:51:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deepbit versus BtcMine  (Read 4826 times)
REF

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:10:46 AM

btcguild is best
btcmine is second

deepbit is the worst
slush is the best of all the paid pools.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:13:43 AM

I've been on BTCMine for a couple weeks and very pleased. Note I have not used Deepbit.

I very much appreciate the quick server response time and the operator's careful watch for exploiters. Being able to pick a fee is very dignifying and an ideal I very much support. Pool hash rate will probably be > 300 GH/s tomorrow or the next day. Payout's quick and miner notification is very much appreciated. I don't have a single significant qualm with BTCmine.
pancakes

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:16:23 AM

btcguild is best
btcmine is second

deepbit is the worst

Is this based on anything other than what you use?
REF

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:33:28 AM

btcguild is best
btcmine is second

deepbit is the worst

Is this based on anything other than what you use?
I have used most of the pools at least once. deepbit has such a high fee and it doesnt provide as many stats as other pools do. i prefer slush i like the way the site is laid out more and the fee is 1btc off the top of 50btc from the block.

now a days i dont see much of a point of being in a pool with a fee with all the free pool options around. if you want to mine in a pool and pay for it just donate to a free pool and get the minimal extra benefits. On btcguild for 2.5% donations you can cash out whenever you want and you get paid for invalid blocks.
Veldy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:51:49 AM

BTC Guild doesn't have https Sad
why do you need https? are you super paranoid about the government spying on you?
Haven't been around long?  Somebody hacked into deepbit.net and stole some coins from several people, one of them had more than 100BTC waiting to be sent (why on earth would you leave it in the pool that long?) and Tycho was nice enough to pay them for the losses even though it apparently wasn't his fault.  Probably standard password hacking (brute force, or had the password from another site and it was the same there, or sniffed traffic ... who knows), but certainly the login password to the site can be sniffed since it was being sent clear in the open.  Since that time, several pools have moved to HTTPS including deepbit.net and BTCMine (not sure about Slush ... nothing changes over there from what I have seen, although it seems he really is the originator of large public pool mining).
deepbit.net wasn't hacked, the attacker got user's passwords somewhere else (most of those users were using same password in one of other pools and their worker password was the same as main account password).

Yes, my apologies.  I did say "hacked", but I also did say that somebody could have gotten the username and passwords, and in fact, that is what you said when the incident occurred.  I did not mean to imply there is or was any security problem with deepbit.net.

The multiple accounts seems affected seems a little odd to me; was there any relationship between the accounts [i.e. all know each other somehow]?.  Technically, using a technical method to obtain the password is cracking, not hacking  anyway. Smiley  Sniffing open http traffic is what most people were worried about in any event, so that is why https was added, correct?

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
Chucksta

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 07:07:39 AM

Now that Deepbit requires email confirmation when changing your Bitcoin address, it makes it harder to get in and knick your earnings. Of course if some total numpty has used the same password for mining as they use for their email address, then they be stuffed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: