Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:23:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deepbit versus BtcMine  (Read 4826 times)
DarkKnightNomeD (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 07:22:57 PM

Which one do you think is better to use?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ensign_lee

Activity: 886
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 07:30:12 PM

0% (BTCMine) fees vs 3% (deepbit) fees, hmm lemme think about that...

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 07:42:57 PM

Also, real stats...

Nythain

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 07:43:35 PM

BTC Guild Tongue
[Tycho]

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2011, 07:43:46 PM

Of course deepbit is the best one ever :)

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
RedLine888

Activity: 236
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 08:06:25 PM

Was on BTCMine! It has performance charts and the thing that had blown my head away was that on the top of it someone had INCREDIBLE 12GH\s. What do you think of that? Shocked Shocked Shocked

That is who makes the difficulty growing Cry Cry Cry

CentroniX

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 08:25:30 PM

BTC Guild Tongue

This.
no_alone

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 08:26:10 PM

BTC GUILD

Mine only when pc is IDLE totally indivisible...
http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=9851.0
Mine on family computer without disturbing them

Donation : 1GjpJnLU8zdfEHW7FoCx2UUosJgc9prXN4
zhalox

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 08:47:11 PM

Actually, BitcoinPool.com is the best, 0 fees there, and it has the highest efficiency & stats Cheesy

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 09:37:07 PM

Of course deepbit is the best one ever Smiley
because paying 3% for "block insurance" is totally worth it, considering failed blocks are below 1% for most pools.

Actually, BitcoinPool.com is the best, 0 fees there, and it has the highest efficiency & stats Cheesy
efficiency doesn't do anything, it only reduces server load.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
SixQa

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 07:25:43 PM

Eligius!!  you mine with your wallet address. if pool is hacked you don't lose your btc. like hapend with deepbit or bitcoinpool. every pool has his own + and - .
 i like bitcoinpool for nice statistics and design. dark green looks good Smiley
frozen

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 07:35:21 PM

I started with deepbit when it was at 60Gh/s. I moved to btcmine when deepbit hit 500Gh/s. btcmine was at 90Gh/s. Then around 150Gh/s at btcmine, I moved over to btcguild.

Nilarium

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 08:00:45 PM

i dont believe in btcmine 0% fee.it can be just words isnt it
rezin777

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 08:05:14 PM

It's operated by donation. There is no mandatory fee. You can believe whatever you want, that doesn't make it true.
EpicBacon

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 11:19:57 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2011, 11:33:19 PM by EpicBacon

i dont believe in btcmine 0% fee

i laughed out loud when reading that
thank you

I have mined on both pools and I have to say they are both amazing.
Deepbit solves blocks so fast, you can just sit there and watch your balance go up. Deepbit also has the pay per share option which is really nice if you want ZERO variance. Instant payouts and payment for invalid blocks is pretty sweet too.
BTCmine has the top 50 which is nice if you have a decent hashrate Wink. And of course, the option to pay no fee if you so choose.

Veldy

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 11:41:04 PM

BTC Guild Tongue

BTC Guild doesn't have https Sad

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
Veldy

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 11:46:13 PM

It's operated by donation. There is no mandatory fee. You can believe whatever you want, that doesn't make it true.

Exactly.  They don't enforce a donation.  However, they stated awhile back when they tightened up the site that if donations [and transaction fees] aren't enough to keep them running, then they would shut it down.  I do my part and give them a % donation as I have always done.  A pool is a partnership between the miners and the pool operator and the benefits can't be one sided in favor of the miners, so donations should naturally come from miners who are decent human beings.  Perhaps there may be decent reason to not donate for a period of time, but I can't think of one off hand.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 01:16:44 AM

Deepbit solves blocks so fast, you can just sit there and watch your balance go up. Deepbit also has the pay per share option which is really nice if you want ZERO variance. Instant payouts and payment for invalid blocks is pretty sweet too.
Deepbit has more frequent payouts, but each payout is less. 1 btc per hour vs 2 btc every 2 hours is the same thing. The invalid block "insurance" isn't worth the 3% fee (or even the +1% compared to other pools), because invalid blocks are so rare.

why do you need https? are you super paranoid about the government spying on you?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Veldy

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 01:44:58 AM

Deepbit has more frequent payouts, but each payout is less. 1 btc per hour vs 2 btc every 2 hours is the same thing. The invalid block "insurance" isn't worth the 3% fee (or even the +1% compared to other pools), because invalid blocks are so rare.

why do you need https? are you super paranoid about the government spying on you?

Haven't been around long?  Somebody hacked into deepbit.net and stole some coins from several people, one of them had more than 100BTC waiting to be sent (why on earth would you leave it in the pool that long?) and Tycho was nice enough to pay them for the losses even though it apparently wasn't his fault.  Probably standard password hacking (brute force, or had the password from another site and it was the same there, or sniffed traffic ... who knows), but certainly the login password to the site can be sniffed since it was being sent clear in the open.  Since that time, several pools have moved to HTTPS including deepbit.net and BTCMine (not sure about Slush ... nothing changes over there from what I have seen, although it seems he really is the originator of large public pool mining). 

As far as payouts ... deepbit will pay out once every 24 hours [at minimum, depending on your payout threshold] unless you choose an instant payout in the meantime.  What deepbit does do is give you instant credit for shares contributed to a round that solved a block where nearly all the other pools wait for 120 confirmations to make sure the block is valid (this is likely the reason that he pays out for invalid blocks which are relatively rare anyway ... probably less than 1% on deepbit).  Other pools will pay whenever your confirmed balance exceeds the threshold that you set, so if it means paying out 5 times per day [i.e. you set the payout to 1 BTC, but typically earn 5BTC per day ... with deepbit, you would get 1BTC and then 24 hours later 5BTC and the same the next day as an example without variance].  Deepbit does offer some things for the premium 3% fee though.   That is instant payout [and thus payment for invalid blocks], stability, size which reduces variability somewhat and some decent site features [although instant payout requires stats delay to prevent pool jumping abuse].

Smiley  Clear as mud? Smiley

[Tycho]

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 03:03:52 AM

BTC Guild doesn't have https :(
Haven't been around long?  Somebody hacked into deepbit.net and stole some coins from several people, one of them had more than 100BTC waiting to be sent (why on earth would you leave it in the pool that long?) and Tycho was nice enough to pay them for the losses even though it apparently wasn't his fault.  Probably standard password hacking (brute force, or had the password from another site and it was the same there, or sniffed traffic ... who knows), but certainly the login password to the site can be sniffed since it was being sent clear in the open.  Since that time, several pools have moved to HTTPS including deepbit.net and BTCMine (not sure about Slush ... nothing changes over there from what I have seen, although it seems he really is the originator of large public pool mining).
deepbit.net wasn't hacked, the attacker got user's passwords somewhere else (most of those users were using same password in one of other pools and their worker password was the same as main account password).

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: