Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:46:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertising space on my forum, 80,000+ page views daily, several million monthly  (Read 1848 times)
palmertech (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 09:27:29 PM

Selling adspace on my site.  We currently have no ads at all, we shut them down a while back in favor of Amazon affiliate links that were able to pay the hosting bills, but costs are going up.

My site is ModRetro, a forum for people who modify game consoles, with a focus on "portabilizing", the art of turning home consoles into custom made handhelds.  We are linked to frequently from major tech news sites like Gizmodo and Engadget, over the year of 2010, we averaged 3.5 million page views a month; Our current average for 2011 is 2.5 million page views, but that is mainly because we are "off season" right now; For the past two years, we have done about double our average page views during the summer months of June, July, and August.  Our forum is read and inhabited by technology enthusiasts, engineers, gamers, and all manner of generally smart people.

Anybody interested in advertising?  I have seen operationfabulous.com, but would prefer to sell directly, if anybody is interested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 09:28:22 PM

why not host in browser mining gear for your own pool? :p

ZOMG Moo!
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 09:29:37 PM

I wonder if game consoles would make a good mining platform. 

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 09:32:35 PM

well we already know the PS3 isnt so good... wonder if anyone has tried the wii or xbox yet.

ZOMG Moo!
palmertech (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 09:37:50 PM

why not host in browser mining gear for your own pool? :p

To be honest, because I have no idea how.

I mainly want to dabble in Bitcoin because I really love the idea of a decentralized currency, and when our store opens in June, I would like to accept it as a payment option (Will be mostly modding gear, tools and the like).
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 09:42:10 PM

You could easily accept it as a payment option without advertising.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2011, 09:48:46 PM

It might not be suitable for you if you want to know who you are dealing with and want a stable relationship, but have you checked out operationfabulous.com?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
palmertech (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2011, 09:56:40 PM

You could easily accept it as a payment option without advertising.

Oh, for sure!  But since ModRetro was never about the money for me, I would like to put as much of it towards Bitcoin as I can.  We have a very active buying/selling community, and I think that if I made a good show of supporting it, a lot of forum members might convert over to BTC for their inter-member payments.

@Freemoney: I mentioned it at the bottom of my first post, I have seen them.  Trying them out right now, just waiting to get approved, but I would prefer a stable relationship.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 12:55:29 AM

Selling adspace on my site.  We currently have no ads at all, we shut them down a while back in favor of Amazon affiliate links that were able to pay the hosting bills, but costs are going up.

My site is ModRetro, a forum for people who modify game consoles, with a focus on "portabilizing", the art of turning home consoles into custom made handhelds.  We are linked to frequently from major tech news sites like Gizmodo and Engadget, over the year of 2010, we averaged 3.5 million page views a month; Our current average for 2011 is 2.5 million page views, but that is mainly because we are "off season" right now; For the past two years, we have done about double our average page views during the summer months of June, July, and August.  Our forum is read and inhabited by technology enthusiasts, engineers, gamers, and all manner of generally smart people.

Anybody interested in advertising?  I have seen operationfabulous.com, but would prefer to sell directly, if anybody is interested.

How much for a banner add monthly?  Do you have a rotation system?

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2011, 01:00:50 AM

I might also be interested, if the price is right.

Still around.
palmertech (OP)

View Profile
May 20, 2011, 10:26:58 PM

I do not have a rotation system in place yet, but I am looking into installing.  Right now, I am hoping to sell one header ad, and one footer ad, and keep it to just those.

Since I do not really have a baseline to work with, I am not sure what a good price would be.  I was thinking $0.08 BTC CPM, which would probably be about 160 BTC per month, but I am open to negotiation; What do you guys think a fair price is?  I am even willing to take a lowball offer for this first month, since I am just starting this.
palmertech (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 06:58:37 PM

Anybody interested?  In light of the current rise in BTC value, the CPM would be lower.

Make an offer you think is worth it!
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 07:00:51 PM

Operation Fabulous works great.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: