Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:38:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it worth me buying mining hardware right now?  (Read 2336 times)
factor280

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 04:01:51 AM

Definitely no. Only large farm can afford to mine these days. If I were you, I would go for some PoS coins.

what about these cloud mining contracts?  Are there ANY that are worth it??

Cloud mining contracts are typically not worth it because even though they seem profitable now, the ever increasing difficulty of bitcoin is going to reduce profit more and more until the contracts become obsolete. Worse case, you might actually be negative with them, depending on their fees.

Sig Space for Rent! PM Me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vankoovo

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:21:17 AM

Definitely no. Only large farm can afford to mine these days. If I were you, I would go for some PoS coins.

Yes, i think so . Shouldn't mine these days. low prifit even you can lose.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:34:01 AM

I highly suggest everyone doing their own ROI.  No you can no longer (on most) get the guaranteed 3 month ROI like it once ways.

If you have low electricity you do have a chance at mining.  Especially if you get good at making the miners efficient and then sell them once your done with them.

Yes it is a risk some will ROI some will not.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:19:41 PM

I highly suggest everyone doing their own ROI.  No you can no longer (on most) get the guaranteed 3 month ROI like it once ways.

If you have low electricity you do have a chance at mining.  Especially if you get good at making the miners efficient and then sell them once your done with them.

Yes it is a risk some will ROI some will not.

even with free electricity it is more than 3 months ROI right now, (antiminer= 0.35 a day and cost 2 btc, this mean 6 months roi at the very least, fucking crazy, if you buy it used, it still above 3 months roi, around 4-5)

if bitcoin stay at current price and you accept 4-5 months ROI then at the end you will probably gain something, it's a bit like gambling at this point...
godidi

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:34:55 PM

I have managed to get a little BTC saved up to initially buy some mining hardware.

I was wondering though is it worth it right now? should I wait for new tech before I purchase?

I think , buy mining hardware at the moment is not worth. No much profit even lose
notlist3d
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 04:42:49 PM

I have managed to get a little BTC saved up to initially buy some mining hardware.

I was wondering though is it worth it right now? should I wait for new tech before I purchase?

I think , buy mining hardware at the moment is not worth. No much profit even lose
It sure is fun though, especially an old S1 just put on a solo pool.

I enjoy doing it.  It is a fun hobby to have.  There are so many factors it is good for some right no and not for others.

I chances are will always have a miner or two for the fun of it running. If you mine you have to enjoy doing it.   If you are doing it 100 percent for the money you will not have fun.
bigbitmine

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Big Bit Mine

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:13:58 PM

It sure is fun though, especially an old S1 just put on a solo pool.

I've been trying to give my old S1's away but it appears I'm the only one in my part of the country mining.

mrhelpful
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:49:59 PM

I`m going with cloud mining at my own risk, but only since the provider accepts credit cards.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.0

they also seem to be leading better performance then bitmain so I`m taking my shot, and if something does happen then the fall back would be the fraud dept with the credit card.

But op, it honestly comes down to do you have the facility to continue buying and upgrading hardware, and electricity cost all that.

Like why bother, so its why I`m doing cloud mining for now.
bigbitmine

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Big Bit Mine

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:04:51 PM

I`m going with cloud mining at my own risk, but only since the provider accepts credit cards.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=521520.0

they also seem to be leading better performance then bitmain so I`m taking my shot, and if something does happen then the fall back would be the fraud dept with the credit card.

But op, it honestly comes down to do you have the facility to continue buying and upgrading hardware, and electricity cost all that.

Like why bother, so its why I`m doing cloud mining for now.

I'm renting hash at Nicehash.  Making a lovely profit.  Sink 0.5BTC in, get approx 25% extra back.  Ching Ching!!!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: