Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:20:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam PMs on forum  (Read 600 times)
mmmerlin (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 12:26:58 PM

Just got a message from a user called "hpski" - message included below:

--------------------------------------------
Hi,

I received a message about a bot last week. I was curious so decided to give it a try, Auto trade feature works great and now I use it at all times day and night. Acnee, the owner of the program offers .1 bitcoin for every person that I refer to the program that end up purchasing. You can use this bot for 7 days trial or you can buy it for .2 BTC from here
 http://www.(malware)/

Thanks!
--------------------------------------------

The forum automatically parses out the address to (malware) which means he's unlikely yo have much success, but I thought I should post it here so that someone more official can either warn or kick him, or give him a scammer tag, whatever is appropriate, I don't know the protocol.

FWIW, the link would have been to http://www.btceexchangebot.us if it hadn't been censored by the forum. (It doesn't get censored in the email notifications that get sent out)

Merlin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mmmerlin (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 04:54:33 PM

UPDATE: His trust rating has gone down from 0 when I posted above to -5 thanks to Tomatocage, so probably no need for further action. Thanks Tomatocage!
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 04:58:14 PM

Community action at work! I've been seeing crud like this in my inbox too.

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:01:30 PM

PS: Report those PM's when you see them - we make sure to ban them and censor the links. (like the one above)
mmmerlin (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 05:23:24 PM

PS: Report those PM's when you see them - we make sure to ban them and censor the links. (like the one above)

TY for the tip, I hadn't seen the "Report To Admin" link in the message. Just clicked it anyway, in case nobody else had done so already.

You seem to be one step ahead of the scammers already though - thanks for the good work! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: