Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:53:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitboy11 Banned  (Read 1715 times)
bannedboy (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:21:02 PM

I woke up this morning to see that I've been banned as well.
At first I thought that it was a conspiracy, but apparently, as it turns out, people are of the opinion that since I joined a signature campaign...I became a spammer!  Grin

After being a member of this site for 2 years without incident and never once having joined a signature campaign until now, I find it utterly ridiculous that I could be considered as such!

Anyway, as it was pointed out to me, I have made a number of shallow or insubstantial posts recently.
While those posts were on point with and highly relevant to the topic, I must agree that I have severely diluted the quality of my posts.

Whether, I am allowed to continue my campaign or not, I don't really care at this point, as it isn't worth destroying my reputation over.
I'll just post according to what's truly relevant to me.

What do people expect anyway?

Just how many times can someone uniquely address variants of the same questions over and over again?
Or post in topics like "gambling" when I'm not a gambler?

I have read posts from the people who posted the most in my signature campaign and their post quality was far from perfect in my opinion!

But whatever...

I'm a Bitcoin Trader first...this ban won't hurt me financially at all...only my ego!

Nuff Said.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:27:04 PM

(...)

Just how many times can someone uniquely address variants of the same questions over and over again?

I have read posts from the people who posted the most in my signature campaign and their post quality was far from perfect in my opinion!

Nobody expects you to. If a campaign wants you to post in gambling, but you find it difficult, choose another campaign.
If you see a topic where all questions have been answered, don't post, go to another one.

Any examples of these low quality posts by people from you campaign? You can always report them if you think they are spamming with a signature.
It takes time to review posts, so it's obvious that not all posters will be banned at the same time.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:36:09 PM

It looks like your profile is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=142350

Doing a quick review of your post history, it looks like your posts are made up of mostly "two liners" which is not quite as bad as a "one liner" as they are somewhat longer, but are still essentially spam

-snip-
I must agree that I have severely diluted the quality of my posts.
-snip-
This is most likely primarily why you were banned. If post quality goes down, then the chances of a ban go up

If a question has been answered then don't answer it again. If someone gave bad information when answering a question then you can correct any bad info

You probably should not post in gambling if you are not a gambler as chances are you do not have a genuine interest in any of the topics there. If you are posting just to post to get paid then chances are the quality of your posts is going to be bad.
bannedboy (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 03:47:05 PM

It looks like your profile is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=142350

Doing a quick review of your post history, it looks like your posts are made up of mostly "two liners" which is not quite as bad as a "one liner" as they are somewhat longer, but are still essentially spam

During the previous week's campaign, I didn't make any posts less than 3 lines but I took a look at your post history and saw a number of 1 and 2 line posts that accounted for your plus 100 posts.

I then followed suit.

I know that you have a lot of quality posts as well but I don't think my 2 liners were any worse than yours.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:16:20 PM

During the previous week's campaign, I didn't make any posts less than 3 lines but I took a look at your post history and saw a number of 1 and 2 line posts that accounted for your plus 100 posts.

I then followed suit.

I know that you have a lot of quality posts as well but I don't think my 2 liners were any worse than yours.

Keeping in mind, you can't see someone's posts that were deleted in their post history. None of those?
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:20:01 PM

I then followed suit.

To address the short posts that I write, sometimes that is all that I need to write in order to get the point across, there is no need to fluff my posts with extra garbage.

It should also be noted that my posts do add something unique to the conversation and are in no way a "plus one" or a "wow great" post.

Looking at your last few posts:
Wow...I have never heard of a "hackathon" before!
You should build a community just for this.
The prizes are excellent too.
Makes me wish I knew how to hack. Grin
I think it is fairly safe to say that you did not read the OP in this thread very throughly. There is really not any actual content in this post. If you read the OP, you would see that the prizes are bitcoin, and although it is always nice to win money, there is really nothing unique about winning money, and I don't think it is fair to say the prizes are excellent when the OP doesn't even say how much each prize is worth. The OP also says that he will start with easy "puzzles" at first and explains what would need to be used analyzed to claim the prize, which makes your point about wishing you knew how to hack a moot point

Congratulations on your very first faucet.
I hope that you get a lot of traffic and advertising to your site.
This post literally ads nothing to the conversation. The OP was created by a newbie that created his account only weeks ago so it is unlikely that there was any kind of prior relationship with this person. As a result there is little point on congratulating someone on their "first" faucet.

Wow, I completely forgot about this website.
I haven't used it in ages!
I've just checked my balance and I have 0.0001 BTC and I can't withdraw it...lol
I guess I'll just donate it back to the site.
I somewhat doubt that you actually have an account there. I have also noticed that you tend to make very short sentences and start a new line after each very short sentence in order to make your posts appear to be longer then they are. If you were to take out the starting of new lines then the above post becomes what is below
Wow, I completely forgot about this website. I haven't used it in ages! I've just checked my balance and I have 0.0001 BTC and I can't withdraw it...lol I guess I'll just donate it back to the site.
Your post goes from appearing to be 4 lines to actually being 2 lines

You look like you know exactly how to handle your business.
That is certainly a variety of payment options that you have provided.
If I need to purchase any coins, I'll be sure to contact you.
I am not sure if there is any reason to make this post. It was posted in a thread in currency exchange. From the looks of it, you don't have any actual intention to do business with this person in the immediate future and are not doing anything to warn his potential trading partners.

This is just a few examples of your recent posts and is by no means an all inclusive list
bannedboy (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:27:12 PM

Whether, I am allowed to continue my campaign or not, I don't really care at this point, as it isn't worth destroying my reputation over.
I'll just post according to what's truly relevant to me.

What do people expect anyway?

I have decided that if I am reinstated, I will try to continue with the campaign as I see a way for me to do so without breaking the forum rules and I can guarantee that my posts will be extremely relevant this time.
I also won't be making a lot of posts unless it is truly warranted.

As far as gambling is concerned, I have not gambled in 2 years but miraculously, I have just found an old gambling account of mine with a lot of cash in it which I haven't touched since.  Grin
So I will be posting in the gambling section.

Note that I am NOT asking to be unbanned. If the Mods see it fit to keep me banned for 14 days, that's fine.

I honestly wasn't aware of the forum rules concerning these matters and that's my fault.
What I would like to say is that if I made these posts but was not part of a signature campaign...nobody would even care!
bannedboy (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:12:24 PM

It should also be noted that my posts do add something unique to the conversation and are in no way a "plus one" or a "wow great" post.

Just to correct you, nowhere did I ever post any "plus one" posts.

Wow...I have never heard of a "hackathon" before!
You should build a community just for this.
The prizes are excellent too.
Makes me wish I knew how to hack. Grin

I think it is fairly safe to say that you did not read the OP in this thread very throughly. There is really not any actual content in this post. If you read the OP, you would see that the prizes are bitcoin, and although it is always nice to win money, there is really nothing unique about winning money, and I don't think it is fair to say the prizes are excellent when the OP doesn't even say how much each prize is worth. The OP also says that he will start with easy "puzzles" at first and explains what would need to be used analyzed to claim the prize, which makes your point about wishing you knew how to hack a moot point

I did read the OP and he clearly stated that the prize was 0.1 BTC!
Perhaps, I approached every thread post as if I were having a verbal conversation with someone.
Maybe my approach isn't "forum-appreciated", so in future I will change that.
Funny thing is the OP didn't have any issues with the comment.

Congratulations on your very first faucet.
I hope that you get a lot of traffic and advertising to your site.

This post literally ads nothing to the conversation. The OP was created by a newbie that created his account only weeks ago so it is unlikely that there was any kind of prior relationship with this person. As a result there is little point on congratulating someone on their "first" faucet.

So now there is something wrong with congratulating someone?
No the issue is not that it is a "fluff" post...it's that I'm wearing a campaign signature while doing it.
Noted, next time I want to congratulate someone...I'll do it in a PM.

Wow, I completely forgot about this website.
I haven't used it in ages!
I've just checked my balance and I have 0.0001 BTC and I can't withdraw it...lol
I guess I'll just donate it back to the site.

I somewhat doubt that you actually have an account there. I have also noticed that you tend to make very short sentences and start a new line after each very short sentence in order to make your posts appear to be longer then they are. If you were to take out the starting of new lines then the above post becomes what is below

So much for your doubts...just like everyone who doubted that my responses were genuine but are all so eager to vilify me.

http://www.microbuxx.com/themes/1370/custom/images/coinurl.png

Wow, I completely forgot about this website. I haven't used it in ages! I've just checked my balance and I have 0.0001 BTC and I can't withdraw it...lol I guess I'll just donate it back to the site.

Your post goes from appearing to be 4 lines to actually being 2 lines

So I wanted to make my posts look presentable, so that it would help me score that A+
Since, you get them by writing sentence after sentence without much formatting, I'll try your technique.

You look like you know exactly how to handle your business.
That is certainly a variety of payment options that you have provided.
If I need to purchase any coins, I'll be sure to contact you.

I am not sure if there is any reason to make this post. It was posted in a thread in currency exchange. From the looks of it, you don't have any actual intention to do business with this person in the immediate future and are not doing anything to warn his potential trading partners.

Now you are making assumptions about what I intend to do or not!
You are insinuating that I wrote that post just to fill an extra post count for the signature campaign.
How do you know that I didn't intend to contact that individual and perform a trade in the near future?

Had I intended to SPAM the forum for the signature campaign I would have probably been banned a week ago!
I disagree with every single person who has accused me of spamming.
While I don't appreciate it and am offended by it, I will accept the judgement of the powers that be and will adjust my campaign approach in the future.
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:19:28 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2015, 08:39:12 PM by ndnhc

Posting in gambling board is encouraged doesn't mean you are forced to post there!  Undecided

There are plenty of participants who doesn't even make a single post there and gets paid without any issues.
Since our campaign advertises a dice game, it is natural that we prefer posts there. But if you are genuinely not interested,seriously, don't. Our rules doesn't say you have to post there to get paid.

Post what you want to post and help the community. We will just pay you for wearing the sig. Participants are not expected to make that the prime motive of posting. That erodes the quality of the community. Come on, even if you make one single constructive post of great quality, you WILL get paid.

Edit: Quickseller's posts are genuinely constructive even the one liners. Length is not relevant.

Edit2: Don't make a 2 line post, a 4 line one, it actually creates a worse impression.
Wei H
Legendary

Activity: 1192
Merit: 1001

Chinese translator

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 03:47:00 AM

If you're posting to boost posts count up, you always produce some useless craps, that's why you got banned.
bannedboy (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:40:25 AM

Fact is I only posted a few times in gambling as I ran out of things to contribute. As far as people stating that I was spamming the entire Marketplace board, I truly believed that my responses were genuine but I see that since I was part of a signature campaign, it appeared that I was doing it to boost my post count.

All I have to say about that is this question:
Why didn't I attempt to join a campaign two years ago? Huh
If I am so desperate to "spam" to earn BTC, I should have done so back then.
I only joined because I figured I could collect some pocket-change while posting.

I will also state that I am the owner of an incentive site which costed over 8 BTC (today's value) to acquire and I have paid out over 20 BTC (today's value) in payments thus far.

So please, give me a break with the spammer nonsense!
Godyr

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:27:16 AM

The problem is that if you have a signature ad thing you get banned really fast even for 2-3 bad posts wich is kind of stupid. It obviously depends where you post, if its in the off topic or games and rounds section sometimes you cant really post something that is bigger than 1 line of text, or auctions for example: i offer 0.05 . Yes thats 3 words but what else are you going to say
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:35:46 AM

Fact is I only posted a few times in gambling as I ran out of things to contribute. As far as people stating that I was spamming the entire Marketplace board, I truly believed that my responses were genuine but I see that since I was part of a signature campaign, it appeared that I was doing it to boost my post count.

All I have to say about that is this question:
Why didn't I attempt to join a campaign two years ago? Huh
If I am so desperate to "spam" to earn BTC, I should have done so back then.
I only joined because I figured I could collect some pocket-change while posting.

I will also state that I am the owner of an incentive site which costed over 8 BTC (today's value) to acquire and I have paid out over 20 BTC (today's value) in payments thus far.

So please, give me a break with the spammer nonsense!

The fact that you are so desperate to post is a sign that you are actually a spammer(bold part), if you dont intend to boost your post count, you wont be so desperate to post it is because you want to earn more with the campaign, that why you keep boosting your post and admin nuked you out
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:08:04 PM

Posting in gambling board is encouraged doesn't mean you are forced to post there!  Undecided

There are plenty of participants who doesn't even make a single post there and gets paid without any issues.
Since our campaign advertises a dice game, it is natural that we prefer posts there. But if you are genuinely not interested,seriously, don't. Our rules doesn't say you have to post there to get paid.

Post what you want to post and help the community. We will just pay you for wearing the sig. Participants are not expected to make that the prime motive of posting. That erodes the quality of the community. Come on, even if you make one single constructive post of great quality, you WILL get paid.

Edit: Quickseller's posts are genuinely constructive even the one liners. Length is not relevant.

Edit2: Don't make a 2 line post, a 4 line one, it actually creates a worse impression.

@bold: It's not allowed when you wear a Signature. It's like I am doing a paid job and hence I cannot post what and where I actually want to post like while I am working with a Company and wearing it's logo on my outfit, I need to be more responsible and alert which is a tough job to do always.

it is not allowed? how funny, please find me the rules of you cant post in some boards if you wear a signature

you are allowed to post in every section of this forum, just you wont be paid in some specific section, note the difference of the bolded part

The fact that you are so desperate to post is a sign that you are actually a spammer(bold part), if you dont intend to boost your post count, you wont be so desperate to post it is because you want to earn more with the campaign, that why you keep boosting your post and admin nuked you out

Sorry but I disagree with you. I know the OP for more than a year and have had many deals with him. He is a kind person and I am sure if he is telling he wasn't aware of the rules, he was not aware of the rules. He was posting as if he wasn't wearing a signature and may be his posts got diluted and hence the MOD took an action.

Even if he was not aware, he still will have to undergo the punishment (band) and not the mod, but admin, AFAIK only admin can band here
bannedboy (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:16:57 PM

It's ok...really! People will say what they want.
Although the ban took me by surprise, I have learnt from this experience. I would have thought that people would get a warning first but that simply isn't the case. Had I been warned by a Mod, I would have immediately stopped and reassessed the situation.

Anyway I'm going to enjoy my 2 week vacation now and when I come back, I won't give anyone the chance to call me a spammer again. Grin
abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 03:23:25 PM

It's ok...really! People will say what they want.
Although the ban took me by surprise, I have learnt from this experience. I would have thought that people would get a warning first but that simply isn't the case. Had I been warned by a Mod, I would have immediately stopped and reassessed the situation.

Anyway I'm going to enjoy my 2 week vacation now and when I come back, I won't give anyone the chance to call me a spammer again. Grin

Unless you remove your sig campaign the chances of your being banned and probably perma banned are high.

~BCX~

I think we are going in a wrong way, wear a signature ad doesn't mean that you will be banned. I think the staff check the content and quality of the post (and also the time between the posts).
ndnh
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:20:42 PM

@bold: It's not allowed when you wear a Signature. It's like I am doing a paid job and hence I cannot post what and where I actually want to post like while I am working with a Company and wearing it's logo on my outfit, I need to be more responsible and alert which is a tough job to do always.

Like the OP said. If he wants to have a general talk or congratulate anyone, he needs to send a PM and not post it as he is wearing a paid signature. It will appear as if he wants to boost his post count.

I too wanted to post on threads in the Politics & Society section but I am restricting myself as I am wearing a Signature and I'm not allowed to post what I want to post. Sometimes posts turn into a conversation and most likely the post goes off topic wherein the person earlier who makes it go off topic isn't punished as compared to the person who is wearing the signature.

Sorry but I disagree with you. I know the OP for more than a year and have had many deals with him. He is a kind person and I am sure if he is telling he wasn't aware of the rules, he was not aware of the rules. He was posting as if he wasn't wearing a signature and may be his posts got diluted and hence the MOD took an action.

Edit:

it is not allowed? how funny, please find me the rules of you cant post in some boards if you wear a signature

you are allowed to post in every section of this forum, just you wont be paid in some specific section, note the difference of the bolded part

Even if he was not aware, he still will have to undergo the punishment (band) and not the mod, but admin, AFAIK only admin can band here

@bold: You are definitely allowed to post in every section but sometimes when we make a post, we need to be sure if the post is necessary or not or else it will be called a spammy post. I need to think 4-5 times if my post is on topic? is necessary? Not a general opinion? Not spammy? Is not unsubstantial? And finally I decide not to post at all  Cheesy

@red: It's banned LOL

@shulio: I had to reply to you in this post itself as if I make a new post, it will be off topic and MOD will take an action on me. This is because, if I need to reply to anyone, I need to either meet them in person or send them a PM which again will be considered spam. LOL

lol, you give me an impression of someone who is hired to advertise it but at the same time does not want to get a ban. The second part is great. But the first part is not really like that.

As a member of this awesome community, you do what you do as usual. You just get paid since you were wearing the signature. It should not be taken as posting for advertising. It is something you get as a reward, and should certainly NOT be your primary objective of posting. Else, you won't enjoy being a real and genuine member of community. Smiley

Don't post for the campaign, bud, post for yourself. Cheesy
abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 07:29:36 PM

Like the OP said. If he wants to have a general talk or congratulate anyone, he needs to send a PM and not post it as he is wearing a paid signature. It will appear as if he wants to boost his post count.

I too wanted to post on threads in the Politics & Society section but I am restricting myself as I am wearing a Signature and I'm not allowed to post what I want to post. Sometimes posts turn into a conversation and most likely the post goes off topic wherein the person earlier who makes it go off topic isn't punished as compared to the person who is wearing the signature.

Edit:

@bold: You are definitely allowed to post in every section but sometimes when we make a post, we need to be sure if the post is necessary or not or else it will be called a spammy post. I need to think 4-5 times if my post is on topic? is necessary? Not a general opinion? Not spammy? Is not unsubstantial? And finally I decide not to post at all  Cheesy

@red: It's banned LOL

@shulio: I had to reply to you in this post itself as if I make a new post, it will be off topic and MOD will take an action on me. This is because, if I need to reply to anyone, I need to either meet them in person or send them a PM which again will be considered spam. LOL

lol, you give me an impression of someone who is hired to advertise it but at the same time does not want to get a ban. The second part is great. But the first part is not really like that.

As a member of this awesome community, you do what you do as usual. You just get paid since you were wearing the signature. It should not be taken as posting for advertising. It is something you get as a reward, and should certainly NOT be your primary objective of posting. Else, you won't enjoy being a real and genuine member of community. Smiley

Don't post for the campaign, bud, post for yourself. Cheesy

Easily: you are selling your signature space as the whore selling their bodies, isn't it correct? You should post only constructive sentences and not for something else or you will be banned from an admin.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 09:58:26 AM

I am sorry for your loss. You have been banned for 14 days? That's not good, you lose some money during 2 weeks.

During these 14 days, you can have a good rest, and learn how to post from good posters like quickseller. Fortunately at least they didn't ban you longer or forever.

I have a friend has a full member acc, he was banned forever because of spamming, so next time you should only make constructive posts.
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:30:26 AM

If you're posting to boost posts count up, you always produce some useless craps, that's why you got banned.

Explain why this guy: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=993776.100

is still not banned then? First of all he bumped his thread like 10 times in the same day, second, he is just posting a bunch of stupid shit in every post he does, yes it may be the off-topic section but come on... from 18 posts 17 of them are his posts
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: