Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:03:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Permabull Party Thread  (Read 11356 times)
Ask Ken About Love

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 07:51:00 PM

Limitations? Have you ever developed your own shopping cart to sell something online and sign on up with a 3rd party processor who not only takes a % of every sale but also charges you $x per month, and sign up for SSL? With bitcoin you can set up your own webstore in a few hours, no 3rd party payment processors fees, no SSL, more money for the merchant, better prices for the people. But you're not for the people, are you?

You can set up a "web store" to take Doge just as easily.  While you're at it, don't bother with SSL or even buying a domain name.
Set it up on TOR, as a hidden service, you'll have just about as much business Cheesy

Really? You refute my point about crytocurrency convenience by suggesting I use a spinoff altcoin instead. A altcoin that was created after and only exists because of bitcoin? BTC FTW, maybe I'll flick a satoshi your way one day when your sleeping the street using a curb as a pillow.

What is it that makes you Bitcoiners so dour & angry?
Were you all this unpleasant before buying into this BTCeanie BTCabies fad investing in Bitcoin?
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:10:45 PM

Mass adoption is certainly not required. Bitcoin has been into 4 digits without it and can easily return there with investment demand alone.
please re-read again my post #118, just above yours.
4 digits bubble was a speculation-driven Wally bubble.
This is possible to repeat, but if there is no real adoption and the growth is again purely speculative, that would do much more harm to Bitcoin than the previous bubbles.  

Bitcoin will continue to see speculative growth in the foreseeable future.

It is not necessary for this to happen and will most definitely occur before we see any significant "real adoption" from consumer use case.
Sure, but the consequences of bursting the next speculative bubble on Bitcoin, if such a bubble happens, may be devastating for Bitcoin's future both in terms of mass perception and literally. Meaning, Bitcoin would be then seen as very high-risk speculation asset with low liquidity and only as that, with no real interest from the bigger money (now at least we have rumours about such interest from time to time in the news).

this space is intentionally left blank
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 03:32:16 AM

Don't let the permabull party thread die already!
Permabulls are always bullish, even with low prices, hence the "perma".
Now who wants to permabull with me?

TrollinU

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:22:49 AM

Permabull party is on hold until further notice

Didn't you guys get the memo? Some reputable analysts have been telling you guys for a while that the bear market is still underway. The trend is your friend. Don't fight the damn trend!!

exocytosis

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 11:02:33 AM

If any bears would be so kind as to post here saying Bitcoin will never reach that point again, it would be highly appreciated, and make this even more entertaining. Price currently is around $250.

Price will never again go above $400. It'll be in the double or single digits by January 2016.
ErisDiscordia
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1163

Imposition of ORder = Escalation of Chaos

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 03:03:34 PM

thread for permabulls gets spammed by permabears and trolltards, did not see that coming  Roll Eyes

It's all bullshit. But bullshit makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful.
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:35:18 PM

Perhaps we could utilize this thread as counter indicator of sentiment. Once it is dead and buried, it will be time to buy and hold again.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:58:14 PM

Let's be honest here guys.... is bitcoin really going back $1000+ again?

It's been over a year of bear market, it's hard to keep the optimism up.... but maybe that is the test

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 06:17:11 PM

It's been over a year of bear market, it's hard to keep the optimism up.... but maybe that is the test
One year of a thousand+ year lifespan for this utility/technology. The market is being pushed down because institutional investors are preparing to pounce.

4 billion is chump change to Wall Street, too easy to manipulate. Wait and buy at 200 if it dips there, is my best guess.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:20:36 PM

Due to the fact Bitcoin is limited in supply.. Many many people are going to lose a lot of wealth while a few gain an insane amount.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:23:55 PM

Perhaps we could utilize this thread as counter indicator of sentiment. Once it is dead and buried, it will be time to buy and hold again.

Problem is that Bitcoin bulls are extremely "perma" and their bullishness only increases with declining prices. Actually, in a Bitcoin permabull, lower prices evoke euphoria to buy more coins even cheaper that will inevitably be worth much more in the future.

So your proposal to use this thread as a counter indicator won't work - instead you should always expect more activity here with declining prices. You can expect less activity only with increasing prices, because this scenario is boring old news for a permabull.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
xDan (OP)

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:18:14 PM

thread for permabulls gets spammed by permabears and trolltards, did not see that coming  Roll Eyes

I'm kinda surprised there aren't more. Reverse psychology, this thread was supposed to catch all the bears for posterity. Maybe it was too obvious.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
TrollinU

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 11:05:47 PM

I'm kinda surprised there aren't more. Reverse psychology, this thread was supposed to catch all the bears for posterity. Maybe it was too obvious.

So noobs can dig it out in a year or two and see that the bears were right all along? Kinda blew up in your face, eh?

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 02:31:04 AM

This is one dull party atmosphere...

Woohoo, bitcoin is on sale!! permabull rage buy dance!

flipstyle

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:07:59 AM

Problem is that Bitcoin bulls are extremely "perma" and their bullishness only increases with declining prices. Actually, in a Bitcoin permabull, lower prices evoke euphoria to buy more coins even cheaper that will inevitably be worth much more in the future.

So your proposal to use this thread as a counter indicator won't work - instead you should always expect more activity here with declining prices. You can expect less activity only with increasing prices, because this scenario is boring old news for a permabull.

ya.ya.yo!

All instances of 'Bitcoin' can be replaced with 'silver futurists' in your statement, and would hold 100% true.  Identical cult reasoning/psychology.
americanpegasus

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:24:56 AM

Bitcoin wins.  Period.

It is the ideal solution to a very complicated n-person game theory problem.  It perfectly balances human greed vs. growth, and as I have said before: is the equivalent of a financial virus that is destined to take over the world. 

Worrying about bitcoin at $220 vs. $280 will seem absurd in the future when the bit reaches US cent parity and bitcoins are worth $21,000 each. 

This topic will be hundreds of pages long, and people will refer back to this comment and laugh and say, "Holy shit, that guy was right!" and it is obvious in retrospect as it should be obvious in reverse-retrospect (FUTURESPECT)  Shocked

Bitcoin is about $200.  The day will come with it will be $2000, and $20,000, and yes... $200,000 and $2M.  It's all a matter of time and rate.  I can't predict that....  all I know is that the limit of this function, starting at zero is one.  And one is total global domination. 

I'm not a perma-bull. 

I'm a rational observer of one of the greatest triumphs of mathematics in the history of our civilization. 

And it should be just as obvious to you what will happen.  Let the plebs argue about whether numbers on a computer are worth absurd amounts of value.  We know the truth. 

That's right fuckers.  It's April 14th, 2015!  Bitcoins cost $220 each... that's a million bits in future speak.  That's two-hundredths of a cent per bit... that means that every U.S. cent will buy you about 45 bits, and every dollar buys about 4,545 bits.... that's crazy to think about, huh? 

4,500 bits for a single U.S. dollar.  I'll bet you wish you could come back to now, knowing what you know now, huh? 

But don't be mistaken.  The atmosphere now at the bottom of this latest crash is toxic as hell.  Paid trolls and bears are everywhere.  Anyone who buys bitcoin is shunned and ridiculed... it's not a celebration: far from it.  And yet, some of us know. 

Some of us can see through the FUD to what will happen. 

Look me up.  I'll probably be throwing some pretty kick ass parties by now.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
Xiaoxiao
Legendary

Activity: 1274

The Golden Rule Rules

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:31:58 AM

futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:34:05 AM

@americanpegasus

Sorry, while I agree bitcoin has potential, and could eventually be worth 5 or even 6 digits, you can hardly call yourself a "rational observer" lol... just look at some of your other posts/threads.

And for sure I'll care whether I got in at 280 or 220 when bitcoin is 21000. It's the difference between a 9500%+ gain vs 7500% gain. That's quite a difference.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:50:03 AM

Bitcoin wins.  Period.

It is the ideal solution to a very complicated n-person game theory problem.  It perfectly balances human greed vs. growth, and as I have said before: is the equivalent of a financial virus that is destined to take over the world. 

Worrying about bitcoin at $220 vs. $280 will seem absurd in the future when the bit reaches US cent parity and bitcoins are worth $21,000 each. 

This topic will be hundreds of pages long, and people will refer back to this comment and laugh and say, "Holy shit, that guy was right!" and it is obvious in retrospect as it should be obvious in reverse-retrospect (FUTURESPECT)  Shocked

Bitcoin is about $200.  The day will come with it will be $2000, and $20,000, and yes... $200,000 and $2M.  It's all a matter of time and rate.  I can't predict that....  all I know is that the limit of this function, starting at zero is one.  And one is total global domination. 

I'm not a perma-bull. 

I'm a rational observer of one of the greatest triumphs of mathematics in the history of our civilization. 

And it should be just as obvious to you what will happen.  Let the plebs argue about whether numbers on a computer are worth absurd amounts of value.  We know the truth. 

That's right fuckers.  It's April 14th, 2015!  Bitcoins cost $220 each... that's a million bits in future speak.  That's two-hundredths of a cent per bit... that means that every U.S. cent will buy you about 45 bits, and every dollar buys about 4,545 bits.... that's crazy to think about, huh? 

4,500 bits for a single U.S. dollar.  I'll bet you wish you could come back to now, knowing what you know now, huh? 

But don't be mistaken.  The atmosphere now at the bottom of this latest crash is toxic as hell.  Paid trolls and bears are everywhere.  Anyone who buys bitcoin is shunned and ridiculed... it's not a celebration: far from it.  And yet, some of us know. 

Some of us can see through the FUD to what will happen. 

Look me up.  I'll probably be throwing some pretty kick ass parties by now.

xDan (OP)

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 10:04:15 AM

So noobs can dig it out in a year or two and see that the bears were right all along? Kinda blew up in your face, eh?

The future hasn't happened yet, Mr TrollinU Wink

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: