Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:42:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gauging Interest :- Bit Bet Fund  (Read 1074 times)
Willowbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 06:41:51 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2023, 11:51:09 AM by Willowbitcoin

The idea around the fund would be a single release of 1000 units to market at an initial price of 1BTC each. Minimum purchase would be 50 units. The value of the unit would fluctuate with the value of the underlying securities.

I would have a website made so users can track the progress of their unit price and buy / sell units at their leisure.
There would be full disclosure for all members of underlying assets and deals.

Q: Why should I trust you?
A:. I would be happy to provide a single entity such as Patrick with full information on where i work, phone number, drivers license. No shoe on head photo sorry. But happy to have a photo with me holding a sign up for you guys Wink
2. My position at work allows me allot of free time to pursue interests. I have been an entrenpuer from an early age and have a love of making money.

Q: How would you make me money ?
A: I would primarily be making money through 1) Release of bitcoin gambling games 2) weak betting lines 3) Investment of unused capital which is waiting for deployment. The first bitcoin gambling game is due for release before the time this fund is opened. That should add some tangibility to the fund.

Q:Whats in it for you ?
A: On a financial level 10% of all profit.  I find the idea interesting. Leverage. Limits my risk

Q:Whats in it for me ?
A: Dividends will be paid on a monthly basis. They are not set and solely depend on profit for that month. There may be no dividends if the month is not profitable. The fund will also always buy back units at the underlying unit price advertised for that week.

Q:Whats the risk ?
A: I cant guarantee that the fund will be profitable. Perhaps the money spent on games will be cash flow negative or the betting lines turn against us. I could show you screenshots of my betting accounts of how i turned small sums of money into large sums of money however i can not guarantee that performance will continue and really that only takes up a small portion of this fund. Approx 10%. Everything else i plan on doing is un-tested and un-proven.

I do understand that in the world of  "guaranteed" 3+ % per week returns the idea of potentially your investment going down is not an attractive one. I counter that with 1) I am a real person with a real family. I am not going anywhere. There is zero risk i am fleeing with your funds. 2) I have a track record of making money but for integrity sake i can not guarantee a % per week. I trust people will appreciate the honesty.

Q:Do you plan to IPO on GLBSE ?
A: I could but i feel i can remove an added layer of potential risk by developing my own website. I have the funds and team to do this without much fuss. Also i do not feel that GLBSE has the structure to support my exact offering of a fund that trades on its Net Tangible Assests (NTA). I am really limiting your risk of downside by doing this. However if the culture demands i list on the GLBSE i am happy to do this.

These are my thoughts. I am currently doing all of the above anyway, regardless of whether i open up a fund. I just thought it could be a unique way of leveraging my time and having a little fun while i'm at it.

Thoughts welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 07:03:45 AM

Having a listing on glbse makes it more transparent as there is a third party ensuring you dont change trades to suit yourself and mislead investors. How will people know there are actual trades and not just a number pulled out of thin air if you control the website and also issue the shares ?

byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 07:13:06 PM

Interested. I have been waiting for a gaming company to invest in. I have some cool ideas for games too.

Slightly wary about your sportsbetting? ability to turn "small sums into large". I am aware of sports betting arbitrage, middling etc, value betting, but not aware of how you turn small sums into large unless you can bet correlated stuff somewhere.....

Anyways consider me 1st in line providing you get IDed somehow by Pattrick or similar.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: