Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:39:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] working S4 w/o a PSU  (Read 960 times)
mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 11:42:22 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2015, 11:14:40 PM by mdude77

I have two S4s hosted with Toomim Bros in Washington state US.

One of them (unit #2) recently had the PSU die.  Fortunately it didn't take the S4 with it.  They swapped the PSU from the working S4 (unit #1) to the one with the blown PSU, and the unit (#2) is working fine.

I now have a fully functional S4 (unit #1 - the one that the good PSU came out of) for sale.  I was thinking $200 to $250 USD shipped to the continental US.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 12:28:48 PM

If there is nothing else wrong with the unit I'll take it. I'd like it shipped to the Centerus data center which is a few miles away from Toomim bros location.

MaximeAD

Activity: 175
Merit: 101

cryptominer.ca

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 12:32:25 PM

Maybe I am not in the good thread. But I suppose one could easily replace the PSU of the S4 with a server PSU? Am I right?

http://www.cryptominer.ca - Bitcoin Miner Hosting Solutions
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 12:35:39 PM

Yeap, the only thing is that the machine uses screw down terminals for power so it has to be modded properly.

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:44:28 PM

If there is nothing else wrong with the unit I'll take it. I'd like it shipped to the Centerus data center which is a few miles away from Toomim bros location.

That sounds ideal.  What's your offer?

There is nothing wrong with it.  It was working fine until the PSU was taken out to put in the other unit. Smiley

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 01:07:20 PM

There is nothing wrong with it.  It was working fine until the PSU was taken out to put in the other unit. Smiley

M

Cool, well the only downside for me is that I have to find proper PCIE cables and/or PSU to replace it. Can you give me a day or so to talk to the Centerus people and see if they can accommodate me.

Edit: hmm, I think I may be wrong about the screw down terminal power hookup...it may be that not all units have that. Looking at some pics of the internals on google shows that the boards have PCIE jacks on them. A freind of mine shows me the PSU for one of his units and the stock PSU had screw down ends on the PCIE leads, so I guess not all the S4s are the same?

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:13:36 PM

There is nothing wrong with it.  It was working fine until the PSU was taken out to put in the other unit. Smiley

M

Cool, well the only downside for me is that I have to find proper PCIE cables and/or PSU to replace it. Can you give me a day or so to talk to the Centerus people and see if they can accommodate me.

I already have a couple of offers on this, but yours has the upper hand being close to it from a shipping perspective.

I can give you a few days.

M

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 01:25:41 PM

M

I already have a couple of offers on this, but yours has the upper hand being close to it from a shipping perspective.

M

I just e-mailed Centerus. They are typically pretty prompt to reply. I'm pretty sure they can hook me up with  a temporary server PSU of some sort, so this deal is most likely a go. The next question is whether you're willing to accept escrow with OgNasty or maybe even Jonathan from Toomim Bros.

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 01:40:17 PM

M

M

I just e-mailed Centerus. They are typically pretty prompt to reply. I'm pretty sure they can hook me up with  a temporary server PSU of some sort, so this deal is most likely a go. The next question is whether you're willing to accept escrow with OgNasty or maybe even Jonathan from Toomim Bros.

What's your offer?  The highest I've got so far is $225.

We both have legendary status.  If you check my trust, you'll see I've done a lot of deals w/o escrow.  If you want escrow, Jonathan from Toomim will certainly be convenient, considering the unit is in his control. Smiley

M

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 03:14:02 PM

I can do $235. Yeah I'd be fine with Jonathan escrowing it if he's up for it.

mdude77 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:05:02 PM

I have an offer for both for $600 that I'm seriously considering.

Any better offers out there?

M

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:29:11 PM

Edit: hmm, I think I may be wrong about the screw down terminal power hookup...it may be that not all units have that. Looking at some pics of the internals on google shows that the boards have PCIE jacks on them. A freind of mine shows me the PSU for one of his units and the stock PSU had screw down ends on the PCIE leads, so I guess not all the S4s are the same?

Yes a few units have PCI-E, but afaik this was only in the first batch

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 09:00:20 PM

I'd take the w/o PSU unit if you ship to Canada, and depending on shipping costs.
allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 09:26:30 PM

I have an offer for both for $600 that I'm seriously considering.

Any better offers out there?

M

I'll up my bid to $250 but if you can get a better deal selling both together do what's best for you.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2015, 09:27:22 PM

I'd take the w/o PSU unit if you ship to Canada, and depending on shipping costs.

lol I was actually thinking of doing the same thing. Shipping is a killer though. I'd estimate it would be around $80 to $100.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 02:14:00 AM

Hmm, it looks like my Washington host does not have any more capacity until late April or May, so the only other option would be if you ship it to me in Canada. Would you be willing to do that if I provide you with the postal code? Then again it may be less hassle for you to sell it locally.

I also found out that only the first batch used PCIE cables to power the hashing boards, and all future revisions use screw-down terminals so a PSU has to be modified to work with this miner, so that means not everyone can just pick a regular ATX PSU and swap it in place thereby limiting the audience that you can sell this to.

generalt
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:00:10 AM

Anybody have a picture of what the screw down terminal looks like?  I can't seem to find one.

BTC: 1GENERALrtBAjEv2Ps5cmEW1FADnXh1bCZ
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:14:36 AM

They use eyelets to power each board, it is threaded on with a nut and washer.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:52:35 AM

There is also a newer model of hash board where the eyelet is screwed down instead of using a nut.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: