Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:57:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain bitcoin to old people  (Read 2653 times)
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 12:00:55 AM

Problem: they don't know what online, internet, email, scanning and emailing is. Not joking, they really don't know ANYTHING about computer. And, worst thing, they don't want to learn about it.

Who do you think bought the first generation of home PCs?  Who do you think was using bulletin boards and usenet before the www existed?  Who do you think was signing up for internet and mobile phone services back in the day when those were extremely expensive, buggy technologies?

It was Me Wink i did it all at least once..
Guess I am old enough  Cool
Geez. I guess that friggin dates me too. I'm only 49.

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 06:55:07 PM

Problem: they don't know what online, internet, email, scanning and emailing is. Not joking, they really don't know ANYTHING about computer. And, worst thing, they don't want to learn about it.

Who do you think bought the first generation of home PCs?  Who do you think was using bulletin boards and usenet before the www existed?  Who do you think was signing up for internet and mobile phone services back in the day when those were extremely expensive, buggy technologies?
The 0.01% of ppl or probably even less.

The other 99% even today don't know and don't want to learn how to properly use a computer. And when it stop working they call the friend "expert with the computer" or call the technician and pay

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 06:58:52 PM

"Like silver but on the internet"

they'll understand
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 07:05:21 PM

"Your best chance to avoid a diet of cat food when it becomes clear that your pension and social security have already been stolen."

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 02:38:17 AM

Tell them its the best present for their grandchildren.

Not a bad idea! Think of this in the form of a birthday card (Christmas, etc.). The card would state something like being an old fart and don't know a damn thing about computers, but along with this fiat bill is a link to get a bitcoin, whatever the fuck that is, but they, however the fuck they are say, that in time, one bitcoin could be worth a hell of lot more. Therefore, _______________, you figure out how to unlock it, and may I suggest storing it in a safe place, whereupon it may pay for your college education. Or spend it now on some stupid video game, like I know you will. Either way, I love you, and happy birthday ______________________.

Grandma & Grandpa
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 03:07:52 AM

Tell them its the best present for their grandchildren.

Not a bad idea! Think of this in the form of a birthday card (Christmas, etc.). The card would state something like being an old fart and don't know a damn thing about computers, but along with this fiat bill is a link to get a bitcoin, whatever the fuck that is, but they, however the fuck they are say, that in time, one bitcoin could be worth a hell of lot more. Therefore, _______________, you figure out how to unlock it, and may I suggest storing it in a safe place, whereupon it may pay for your college education. Or spend it now on some stupid video game, like I know you will. Either way, I love you, and happy birthday ______________________.

Grandma & Grandpa
Isn't there some kind of support for "date stamping" an address such that you can't spend it until some date. I thought I read about that once. Or maybe it was just an idea. Anyway, you could give your grandchildren some bitcoin they can only open on their 21st birthday.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: