Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:53:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: starting a small farm, should I get s5?  (Read 2282 times)
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 01:50:51 PM

Hi,

I am planning to start a small farm i the next couple of months, my hardware budget is around 20000USD

Should I get the antminer S5 or is there any other/beter hardware comming soon from any company?

Thanks,
Sam

My advise which is not risk free.

buy $20000 worth of bitcoins, then wait a few months until Spondoolies releases their next generation of miners which may ROI, when that happens use bitcoinwisdom calculator to se if the miners can ROI.

Risks:
Spondoolies may not have a next release, but most likely they will.
Another risk is btc would go down, must most likely it will go up.

Current mining equipment is guaranteed  not to ROI, unless you have free electricity and even then it will take a long time to ROI, hardware vendors want to make a good profit knowingly that at current prices their is no ROI.

Current speculations are that 14 or 16 nm tech is around the corner maybe within a few months so waiting for spondoolies is a good gamble.,

And my final advice even if spondoolies releases good hardware at good prices avoid by all means preorders, preorders  most of the time are failures for the buyers.

In the used market there are lots of risks, not long ago I saw someone selling very cheap s3 on craigslist, I sent him a reply to let hiim/her know I was interested in the miners, he said we could not meet at his mine, I said fine, then at your home, he said  lets meet on the street, I said fine but will need to test the miners, then he said they had all sold out,  a few minutes later I see the same add posted again. so if he sold out, why does he advertize them again.. most likely he was selling junk that did not work.
So when buying used miners always have them tested.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 09:37:22 PM

That s not enough of money for home mining. More importantly, you cannot replace or upgrade your gear so easily so I would either go cloud or simply buy BTC.

gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 04:08:37 AM

thanks for the replays.

I have a couple of used ones...
5x S4
1x sp31
bunch of s3+

I like the spondoolies alot, but they are to expansive for the TH they deliver.

I want the best hash/watt that I can get and currently the s5 is the best. I have search and serch but cant see any company announcing a new chip... normally they would get pre order for 4-5 months before release and the fact that there isnt any preorder news I assume that the next 5 months will be no new hardware....

Only downside about s5 is the extra powersupply cost.... spondoolies and S4 have a integrated one which save $$$

its a hard decision... the only one that have the units ready to ship is bitmain selling the S5.

decision...decision...decision...decision... Smiley

Cointerra has a 404 TH for sale

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: