Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:07:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SGE is now, well..been closed. Now what do I do?  (Read 507 times)
hmblm1245 (OP)

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:30:08 PM

Just wanted to check with those HPC members out there. I currently have a cluster and a bunch of nodes running SGE, but now that SGE is gone, well closed i need a replacement solution, an open source replacement solution. I have looked at OAR, OpenLAVA, SLURM, LSF and Univa (I know that last two are not open source). LSF seems to be the gold standard, pricey, job scheduler and Univa is simply a forked SGE system so i guess that would be the easiest. LSF is likely out of reach and both LSF and Univa are not open source. SLURM seems to be the best alternative, but i am not familiar it and before i go diving into any of these i wanted to check with some folks that may have used one in the past and perhaps have moved from SGE to another solution. Any guidance or suggestions are welcome.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hmblm1245 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 11:15:15 PM

Anyone?
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:54:47 AM

Maybe this article can help http://www.dursi.ca/hpc-is-dying-and-mpi-is-killing-it/

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
hmblm1245 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:01:47 AM

Thanks,
Interesting read.
I thought it was going to lean this way. The apps i run were created years ago and are mostly simple python scripts and flat files. I guess it makes life more portable. A modern rewrite would make more sense. Like the article said my apps (SGE) is not dead or dying it will still work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: