Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:12:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [repaid] 1 BTC loan  (Read 3100 times)
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 07:30:26 PM

I'm not a "hater". LOL.

I was just curious why someone would need 1 BTC, and how they plan on paying back 1.2 BTC the very next day.

It was legitimate curiosity.

My internal guess was that someone wanted to play satoshidice.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 07:30:38 PM

inb4 skydust is jcpham

Did you honestly just accuse me of being someone else? Seriously...
No offense but some of you guys have issues you need to work out with a professional.
I can't help you trust people.
Care to tell me why you accepted this loan?

I'll go make a sockpuppet now -- hopefully you'll accept that loan too.

Fine. Point for point, let me explain to you why I think you are all asses; especially each person that has questioned or made fun of me and the OP (over one bitcoin).

1. He has a vanity address, I don't even have a vanity address or care enough to make one. Looks like he took the time to establish an identity or presence here, which I won't even do.
I'll keep that in mind when I make my sockpuppet

2. He also took the time to quote-for-quote reply to each hater/questionator in this thread. Which I respect, tbh.
Without actually addressing the criticisms

3. Finally, It is still just one bitcoin and you can kiss my ass and I can do whatever the fuck I want to do with it in the end. Quit trying to police everyone, it isn't your goddamn job. If I want to loan money wildly to people who, according to the smarties on this forum, who blindly call out new users as scammers; well, this is my choice. When you make fun of me or tease me baselessly you show your ignorance in a way that I guess you just don't understand.
Sure, you can send your money to whomever you chose. However, enough scams happen on these forums that it would be wrong to not warn people of them.

4. PS. 20%/day isn't bad.
It's bad for the borrower. Get a cash advance on your credit card or talk to the mob... or just buy a bitcoin yourself and sell it when you're done with it. Even that last method won't cost you 20%.
I'm not like you and I'd hate to be like you is my point. Leave me alone and go enjoy your day. Quite frankly, you are wasting my time. I don't understand why I have to explain myself; I don't plan to make a habit of it either.
You have to explain yourself because "non-established user makes a successful loan to a newbie with no rep" is a very tired tactic on these forums, and almost every time it happens, both newbies either vanish or turn out to be scammers.
HeavyMetal

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:13:11 PM

Geez folks. If you don't want to offer the loan then just don't do it and move on. If someone else gives the loan, and gets paid back then that is between exactly 2 people.

The lender and borrower are the only people with anything to say on this matter and the way you folks have trolled this thread with unfounded accusation is deplorable.

By most standards the borrower was a poor credit risk, but that does not make him a scammer automatically. The fact that the accusation continued after the loan was paid back just goes to show that minds were already made up.
bogidu

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:24:12 PM

Oh cool!  Can someone lend me 1btc?  Same terms as the first guy?

nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 09:26:54 PM

Geez folks. If you don't want to offer the loan then just don't do it and move on. If someone else gives the loan, and gets paid back then that is between exactly 2 people.

The lender and borrower are the only people with anything to say on this matter and the way you folks have trolled this thread with unfounded accusation is deplorable.

By most standards the borrower was a poor credit risk, but that does not make him a scammer automatically. The fact that the accusation continued after the loan was paid back just goes to show that minds were already made up.
By this I take it that you believe:
- If someone notices a security flaw or a scammer, they should keep quiet and allow others to lose their money
- If someone notices an obvious "confidence loan," they should keep quiet and not warn others that it's probably just a scam-preceding reputation ploy.

Are you a social darwinist?
HeavyMetal

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2012, 10:10:15 PM

By this I take it that you believe:
- If someone notices a security flaw or a scammer, they should keep quiet and allow others to lose their money
- If someone notices an obvious "confidence loan," they should keep quiet and not warn others that it's probably just a scam-preceding reputation ploy.

Are you a social darwinist?

Perhaps I am naive.

There is however a difference in warning about a potential danger and outright calling someone a scammer or saying two people are the same person.

Example(not quoting anyone specific):

"Be careful as people with low reputations may not intend to pay back" or "There is a danger that both people are the same person trying to create the appearance of a reputation" <-- reasonable

"This person is clearly a scammer" or "There two people are clearly the same person" <-- baseless and unnecessary.

I don't know what social darwinism is. I do believe in assuming good faith when it is reasonable to do so, this does not mean extending credit but it does mean not accusing without basis.

The very best business relationships I have developed started with an assumption of good faith by either myself or the other party.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: