Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:08:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just found this site for buying and selling bitcoin through paypal  (Read 2603 times)
tonyq (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 879
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:23:02 PM

What weird people....I let PayPal know I hadn't received the bitcoin and opened a dispute.
 I  showed them the ridiculous email I had got from the site and when PayPal confronted them with it they answered with:

Your order has been flagged as potentially high risk and therefore it has been held for manual review.

A Refund was issued.

31/03/2015 19:52 BST

--------------------------------------------------

Potentially high risk?
Eh?
Obviously lunatics but at least I have my money back.

Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tonyq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:25:18 PM

I was wrong....as many of you suggested...IT'S A SCAM SITE.
www.weofferbitcoins.com is a SCAM.
Steer well clear.

Sorry to hear that. Can't you apply for chargeback? You can get your $8 back.

It was $28.90
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:49:53 PM

if anyone can charge a premium for bitcoin why bother to go there in the 1st place?

just go with localbitcoins.com which I still believe its the best way to reach what you want, if you have cash and also get possible better rates.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:55:22 PM

I was wrong....as many of you suggested...IT'S A SCAM SITE.
www.weofferbitcoins.com is a SCAM.
Steer well clear.

Sorry to hear that. Can't you apply for chargeback? You can get your $8 back.

It was $28.90

well grats for getting it back.

Note: Better stay away from sites that accepts paypal lol
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:50:51 PM

if anyone can charge a premium for bitcoin why bother to go there in the 1st place?

just go with localbitcoins.com which I still believe its the best way to reach what you want, if you have cash and also get possible better rates.

It is better most of the time, but what if there is nobody selling/buying in your area? If the nearest seller is 200 km away or more, I'm not sure it still worth it in some cases.
OmegaCollector

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 12:43:58 AM

I am a long time eBay seller, as well as a top seller on another craft-oriented website. All my income comes into PayPal. It's a verified business account, been open over 10 years.

Bitcoin is the only community I`ve ever dealt with that has such a big deal over using PayPal. It`s like anyone who ever uses PayPal is the scum of the earth. Well, we`re not all like that. I need bitcoin, and there is no way to get it using the money in my PayPal account. And to whoever says use localcoin - they will accept paypal only if you have a history of 50 - 70 trades with localbitcoins.

Thank goodness Payza is available to me. It`s a slow process to move money from paypal to my bank, and then to payza and then to bitcoin, but it`s better than all this `paypal users are evil scammers`.

http://www.satoshihunter.ca/ - the best faucet list!   http://coinengine.co/?ref=269  - The best alternative to cloud mining
tonyq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:25:14 AM

Not all Paypal users are scammers.
I've used it for 12 years and never scammed anybody.
I'm sure there are millions like me too.
A year or so back, I sold a bitcoin in 20 different sales of 0.05 and everyone paid with paypal, no problem.
Just one pathetic creature instigated a chargeback on me.....said his computer had been used to purchase it without his knowledge...Have you ever heard such nonsense?
Paypal actually refunded him and he kept the 0.05 btc too.
I figure he must have needed it badly to through the procedure for that tiny little sum!
Thing is, it's idiots like him that make you worry about selling btc on Ebay.
Paypal should accept the blockchain transaction as proof of sending, end of dispute.
Remember, it's the purchaser  that sends you his wallet address when paying through paypal!
That should be good enough.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 08:25:46 AM

tonyq I'd say your experience was typical.  5% chargeback rate for only .05 worth of bitcoin.  If your allowable transaction size had been larger then I'm sure your chargeback rate would be higher as well.

No one thinks all paypal users are scammers, but it has been repeatedly been used as a mechanism to steal so frequently that it has become discredited in the community.  Frankly, I blame paypal.
tonyq (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:17:44 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 12:29:59 AM by tonyq

A few weeks on and I've only just seen an email from the company that had been automatically thrown into my junk mail.
It explained why there was a delay and had I seen it at the time I'd never have accused the site of being a scam.
I therefore retract that.
They are not a scam in any way.
OmegaCollector

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 02:03:52 AM

Funny - I bought through them before I saw your experience. I waited 5 days, and got nothing from them. I opened a dispute with PayPal, and the dispute was closed within 1 hour - they had refunded my money to PayPal without even a note or anything, they just gave it back.

http://www.satoshihunter.ca/ - the best faucet list!   http://coinengine.co/?ref=269  - The best alternative to cloud mining
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: