Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:37:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding bitcoin  (Read 1004 times)
Rohirrimus (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:58:20 PM

Hello,
I am making business plan for my university project on how to make new cripto (using bitcoin source), but I cant understand few things, so I wondered if somebody can help me.
1) What does generate bitcoin (or any crypto) hash code, does it come from some dedicated server (host) for miners to mine, or how does it work?
2)What is proof of stake/work ?
3) How does bitcoin security work ( how is coin origin writen in so somebody cant just make/forge it).

Thanks alot for any help given.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoingAround

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:20:49 PM

Hello,
I am making business plan for my university project on how to make new cripto (using bitcoin source), but I cant understand few things, so I wondered if somebody can help me.
1) What does generate bitcoin (or any crypto) hash code, does it come from some dedicated server (host) for miners to mine, or how does it work?
3) How does bitcoin security work ( how is coin origin writen in so somebody cant just make/forge it).

You can start here.

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf thats the original satoshi's paper on bitcoin.

▄▄█████▄▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀

████          ████  ███████████▄▄                                
▀███▄        ▄███▀  █████████████▄                               
██    ▄███▄     ▄███▄      ▄███▄     ▄███▄   ████        ████            ▀████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████
██    ██ ██     ██ ██      ██ ██     ██ ██    ████      ████             ▄████   ██▀        ▀██   ██▀        
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██   ▀███▄    ▄███▀    █████████████▀   ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██   ██   ██   ██   ██    ██   ██   ██   ██    ████    ████     ███████████▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██  ██     ██ ██     ██  ██     ██ ██     ██    ████  ████      ████   ████      ██▄        ▄██   ██▄        
██  ██     ▀███▀     ██  ██     ▀███▀     ██    ▀███▄▄███▀      ████    ████      ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████
████████       ████     ████                                
██████        ████      ████                                

WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
APPLY FOR CROWDSALE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    BITCOINTALK

Proud Sponsor of
Blockchain 360 at
London Tech Week
  ◢  FACEBOOK
◢  TWITTER
◢  TELEGRAM
◢  MEDIUM
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:45:21 PM

You should start reading the bitcoin wiki:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Main_Page

Wiki is a good source for proof of stake vs proof of work:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-work_system
goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 12:19:58 AM

In a basic way assume there are 5 computers, each having a copy of the clockchain and the code. Using the last block and the code they create a puzzle and try to solve it. As soon as one solves it, the solution is broadcast and the remaining 4 receives it. They all then use this solution and the code to create the next puzzle.

There is no central server which generates it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 06:06:20 AM

Hello,

First you must understand about bitcoin. You can read bitcoin pdf, there explain about PoW,PoS and about bitcoin basic.
found this after surfing on google: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225690.0 (based litecoin source).

~iki
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:39:50 AM

This is what the node do they sit there and have entire history of all bitcoins.   When a block is solved it allows transactions to happen.  And it will slowly make it through the network through conformations.

If you are worried of "forged" btc just make sure to never count it as paid till it confirms
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:42:54 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 04:48:47 PM by Amph

-no it's the decentralized, a reward oif 25 bitcoin(a block) is generated when the previous one is found, starting from the genesis block, generated in 2009 by satoshi

-proof of stake(pos) mean that it will generate interest(minted coins) if you have a balance above zero, proof of work is basically the act of mining

-bitcoin is secured by the miners, by big farms, for example to do an attack of 51% you need 51% of the network power, but this is so big that normal people cant simply run a copy of the client and start producing cloned btc
LandofBitcoins

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 02:12:24 AM

I recently found a great video that explains bitcoin in a way that more people can understand.
It's from MIT, so you know its a good video to watch.

Video is here>> http://moneyinpjs.com/understand-bitcoin/

Enjoy

Let me know what you think of the video and the speaker.
yummyransom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 03:13:01 PM

Hello,

The first thing you need to do is to understand the real meaning of bitcoins. Then you must know every details about it. At that time you'll understand why bitcoin is very important for everybody.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 05:49:20 PM

Hello,

BTC 101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0oDDIy0P2s

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 07:20:48 AM

Great advice and links from a lot of good members so far.

I'll add one suggestion: Ask questions on the boards that have really experienced people reading them. A lot of the veterans, the hero members, here don't spend time in Beginners & Help, they spend time in Mining or Development and Technical.

Read the stuff that people have posted, get more educated, you'll likely have even more specific questions...and when you do, post them in Development and Technical, etc.

BTW, if you wouldn't mind posting your research here, we'd benefit from having access to it (especially since people here helped you with your research.)

Thanks.

yummyransom

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 09:58:50 AM

You must first define what bitcoin is. Then the techniques on how to earn this.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: