Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:47:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Science Forums - Science discussion at all levels  (Read 280 times)
Lorenzo (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:01:12 AM

Basically I'm posting to announce the (re-)launch of Science Forums. I'd like to keep the launch somewhat low-key since things are still very much incomplete and I have a ton of posts I need to move over in the next few days.

It's a relaunch because the site used to be called Science Board and was somewhat active back in 2012. Unfortunately, the old site owner abandoned the site for unknown reasons and the domain registration lapsed. I tried to organize a relaunch which almost succeeded. We had dozens of members at one stage but it was the first forum that I managed so I was incompetent at running the technical side of things and this resulted in the forum being overrun by spambots. I also accidentally deleted the MySQL database too which contained everyone's accounts and posts. Cry

Fast forward three years and I was able to find a backup of the forums on an old hard drive. Unfortunately, I only backed up posts as static HTML files so I'll be forced to manually reupload everyone's posts which I'll be doing in the next week or two. User accounts will also be restored manually by sending a password via email.

Anyway, feel free to browse the site or make an account if you want to contribute. I've put all of the old usernames on a temporary block list so there shouldn't be any clashes with new accounts.

www.scienceforums.info
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: