Bitcoin Forum
February 28, 2017, 10:13:54 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New User: Would like to buy Bitcoin!  (Read 1377 times)
joeherniod

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 09:40:52 PM

Bitcoin is a super amazing idea, but for the love of god will someone please make a purchasing Bitcoin's for dummies guide.

I have been trying to figure this out for the last 3 or 4 hours and I can't get anywhere.

I would like to buy 1 Btc so I can play Bitcoin poker.  I am willing to pay double whatever that is worth today.

Is there anyone who would take a credit card or pay pal? I have a limited but good Ebay history. 

I am willing to wait for the coins.  I am willing to use an escrow service like clearcoin.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dissipate

Activity: 289

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 09:43:20 PM

http://bitcoin-otc.com/ is your best bet. You can trade in there with a variety of payment methods.
joeherniod

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 09:47:33 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I went there, but I have never used IRC or whatever that is, I guess you just have to not be a dumbass to get bitcoins.
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 09:54:16 PM

I have 0.55 btc available haha, ><
if nobody else has offered pm me.
bearbones

Activity: 317

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2011, 09:55:21 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I went there, but I have never used IRC or whatever that is, I guess you just have to not be a dumbass to get bitcoins.

IRC is relatively easy to use.  You can start by going here: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#bitcoin-otc

From there it gets more complicated.  Thankfully, bitcoin-otc comes with a guide: http://wiki.bitcoin-otc.com/wiki/Using_bitcoin-otc

I'd recommend Dwolla as a way of sending your dollars.  It takes a few days to get set up, but it is the easiest way.  You can transfer from dwolla directly into MTGox, if bitcoin-otc is too much for you.

Feed Ze Birds Pay and get paid for tweets
Coinapult Send Bitcoins easily over email or text message
jerfelix

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 10:03:09 PM

I'd recommend Dwolla as a way of sending your dollars.  It takes a few days to get set up, but it is the easiest way.  You can transfer from dwolla directly into MTGox, if bitcoin-otc is too much for you.

I second that.  Go to Dwolla and set up a free account now.  Then link it to your bank.  You'll be about 15 cents ahead right there, because they send you pennies to confirm the account.   :-)

But you want to do that immediately, because each step in the process is painfully slow.
Bank Account verification... a couple of days.
Account transfer, from Bank to Dwolla...  a couple of days
Transfer from Dwolla to MtGox...  Not sure yet, haven't gotten that far.

I wish I would have set up my free Dwolla account on day 1... I'd be a week closer to having MtGox account funded.
joeherniod

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 10:04:50 PM

Thanks for the help guys!!!

Dwolla is definitely what I was looking for. 
error

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 10:48:31 PM

mtgox-dwolla is as fast as MagicalTux checks his email. Once Dwolla gets this automated from their end, then it will be instant.

15UFyv6kfWgq83Pp3yhXPr8rknv9m6581W
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.