Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:02:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DASH Collapsing Monero UP  (Read 40364 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 10:49:06 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2019, 04:59:56 PM by qwizzie
Merited by nutildah (1)

Enjoy this DASH/XMR pair while it last, Poloniex is delisting it because of low volume. Truth is this pair died ages ago, i'm not sure why people
keep referring to it.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-exchange-poloniex-to-delist-23-trading-pairs-due-to-low-volume

Must feel like taking away a toy from a baby for all these Monero trolls in here, i just hope they dont end up all crying  Roll Eyes

By the way, the uncensored Dash Reddit thread is not actually a Dash thread at all, its just a fud thread created by
a fanatic Monero troll named dnale0r.

dnale0r is the one and only real life troll i actually know (he tried to disrupt a Dash presentation once in The Netherlands in 2015 which i attended, we all got
a pretty good laugh out of it Grin). dnale0r is the sole reason why you never want to become a full troll, everrr.

iCEBREAKER (OP of this thread) : i hope you are not still mad on rango for delisting all your Dash masternodes on Dash Central ? All that manual voting on all
your Dash masternodes must have sucked. Also i assume you are over that polling proposal about having Ryan Taylor step down in his role of CEO over
Dash Core Group ? Miscalculated the Dash masternode support for your polling proposal there slightly huh  Roll Eyes  

As they say : Carry on

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
codecaffeinecode

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 03:14:05 AM

Enjoy this DASH/XMR pair while it last, Poloniex is delisting it because of low volume. Truth is this pair died ages ago, i'm not sure why people
keep referring to it.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-exchange-poloniex-to-delist-23-trading-pairs-due-to-low-volume

Must feel like taking away a toy from a baby for all these Monero trolls in here, i just hope they dont end up all crying  Roll Eyes

By the way, the uncensored Dash Reddit thread is not actually a Dash thread at all, its just a fud thread created by
a fanatic Monero troll named dnale0r.

dnale0r is the one and only real life troll i actually know (he tried to disrupt a Dash presentation once in The Netherlands in 2015 which i attended, we all got a pretty good laugh out of it Grin).  
dnale0r is the sole reason why you never want to become a full troll, everrr.

iCEBREAKER (OP of this thread) : i hope you are not still mad on rango for delisting all your Dash masternodes on Dash Central ? All that manual voting on all your Dash masternodes must have sucked.
Also i assume you are over that polling proposal about having Ryan Taylor step down in his role of CEO over Dash Core Group ? Miscalculated the Dash masternode support for your polling proposal
there slightly huh  Roll Eyes  

As they say : Carry on

The "trolls" you mention are actually some of the most important people that DASH community members should be listening to. Escape your echo chamber and you will realize that the people most harmful to DASH are actually "leaders" such as Basilpop
 on r/dashpay that regularly ban topics with constructive criticism that has the potential to make DASH stronger. r/dashuncensored mods dnale0r and dashcrypto are saints in comparison and welcome free speech.

DASH is not perfect. Neither is XMR.  The difference is that Monero welcomes constructive criticism (see skepticism Sunday topic on r/Monero. The DASH commmunity instead stunts its growth with labeling tough questions as trolling and uses heavy censorship. You just provided an example of this censorship (of ICEBREAKER. someone vastly more knowledgeable than you)
>iCEBREAKER (OP of this thread) : i hope you are not still mad on rango for delisting all your Dash masternodes on Dash Central

You can continue to call people trolls and see Monero become more valuable compared to DASH.  Eventually you will run out of uneducated users to scam with exaggerated claims about the DASH network and HYIP masternode potential (without giving credit to the project from which DASH and most of its features were forked).

Or you can learn from those you call "trolls" and make an effort to improve DASH with regard to existing privacy, centralization and security weaknesses.

Based on the last 5 years, Im guessing that DASH "community members" (largely directed by masternode owners and moderation of dissenting opinion on key communication platforms) will continue to lose ground to competitors with communities that are more humble. selfless, educated and hard working.

leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 05:48:36 AM

Wow I had no idea this level of trollery existed between Dash and Monero. I know a lot of Monero people see Dash in not very positive tones as a rival coin but I had no idea there was this level of rivalry!

I am a Monero guy, simply for first mover and having places to use it. I honestly cannot say much else for why I choose it. May the best coin be the best, that is all.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 07:11:00 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2019, 05:02:22 PM by qwizzie

Wow I had no idea this level of trollery existed between Dash and Monero. I know a lot of Monero people see Dash in not very positive tones as a rival coin but I had no idea there was this level of rivalry!

I am a Monero guy, simply for first mover and having places to use it. I honestly cannot say much else for why I choose it. May the best coin be the best, that is all.

Its not just some rivalry, some members from the Monero community seem to really hate Dash to the extend that they are willing to do almost anything or say almost
anything to put Dash in a bad spotlight. That includes creating Reddit threads like https://www.reddit.com/r/DashUncensored/ and then later try to pass it off as a
genuine uncensored place for Dash fans to post, when it fact its nothing more then a Dash hate thread. Or claiming Dash was premined, when it was not
(Dash has an instamine history, not a premine history).

This whole DASH Collapsing  Monero UP thread is way beyond any rivalry and is also an example of a Dash hate thread. I have nothing against Monero as cryptocurrency,
but some members of its community (not you of course) are really showing their true nature in threads like these.

Can you imagine the hate someone must feel for Dash, that such person feel pressured to buy into Dash, setup Dash masternodes and then try (and fail) to influence
Dash governance model through his masternodes ? and then hypocritically continue to post negative posts about Dash in this thread and other threads ?
(i'm talking about iCEBREAKER here).

iCEBREAKER and dnale0r are just prime examples of trolls that went full troll in a not very pleasant way. One tried to influence Dash from within and failed,
the other tried to influence Dash reputation in real life and failed.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
LucyLovesCrypto

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 06:56:22 AM

Monero market cap is now almost twice that of DASH
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/marketcap-dash-xmr.html

DASH/XMR ratio = 1.046

There is still time for DASH holders to jump ship before the ratio declines further and DASH slowly becomes obsolete.

"Evolution" user names wont help. Its merely a rip off of the openalias system Monero implemented years ago
https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/openalias

What happened to iCEBREAKER anyway? I miss reading his posts.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 03:31:32 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2019, 05:06:34 PM by qwizzie

Must kinda suck for these monero trolls to have this moderated thread with an OP that used to delete any
pro Dash posts, only to have this OP go AWOL... making it effectively a non-moderated thread.

Remember my previous post about certain members of the Monero community saying or doing almost anything
to put Dash in a bad spotlight ?

See post above, where Dash Evolution (a fundamental update of Dash, in the making some 4 years now, not released yet on testnet
and only possible because of Dash two-tiered network consisting of miners & masternodes), is somehow codewise related to Monero  Roll Eyes

Trying to discredit a project development that you dont fully understand or comprehend is never a very smart thing to do.
It makes you look like an amateur, someone to not take serious, someone to put on ignore (which i just did).

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 03:48:47 PM

Dash Partners with IQ CashNow Adding 1,000+ New Dash-Accepting Merchants

Dash has partnered with cryptocurrency ATM and merchant solution provider IQ CashNow, adding an additional over 1,000 Dash-accepting merchants as well
as integration into over 250 additional ATMs, growing Dash merchant adoption significantly.

Read more - https://dashnews.org/dash-partners-with-iq-cashnow-adding-1000-new-dash-accepting-merchants/

Credits : NibiruHybrid
Source : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg52368807#msg52368807

Dash UP with regards to Dash integration and expansion, i wonder what this will do to the (longterm) Dash price, lets speculate  Grin
-qwiz

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 04:03:03 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2019, 05:10:15 PM by qwizzie

Dash UP with regards to number of active masternodes, approaching new ATH
Monero DOWN with regards to full nodes (from well over 2000 to 1576 acc MoneroHash .. ouch)

Dash Circulating Supply stats

Dash Circulating Supply (acc coinmarketcap)     :  9.024.651 Dash
Dash Current Combined Masternode Collateral* : -4.966.000 Dash
* 4966 active masternodes x 1000 Dash

Actual Dash Circulating Supply available for circulation on exchanges / markets :  4.058.651 Dash

Rising demand versus restricted supply (specially in comparison with other cryptoprojects),
i wonder what this will do to the (longterm) Dash price, lets speculate  Grin

FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 04:31:36 PM

I do believe that Monero is going big. I do remember when it was on 1 usd price range and i totally believed that it was going to be big and it did.
For the future, monero needs more expand and more peoples awareness. The price issues are no sense.  I believe that monero will even reach 1000 usd price range in the upcoming 5 years Smiley
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 04:42:24 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2019, 05:22:52 PM by qwizzie

Dash UP with regards to number of transactions, but to be honest i think Dash has always been UP like that.
And with regards to that huge spike in Dash transactions, dont worry it was just a little (but very successfull) stress test.

I'm starting to really really like this thread, i guess i will be posting a lot in here. Specially with all the Dash developments going on and how each
single one of them gives direct cause to Dash price speculation  Grin

Dont worry Icey, i will keep your speculation thread alive ... you can count on me.

To be honest, i'm already bored with this thread  Embarrassed

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4864

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 01:43:15 AM

LOL, https://www.iqcashnow.com/?lang=en works for Monero as well. Duh

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 12:07:05 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2019, 12:51:55 PM by qwizzie

LOL, https://www.iqcashnow.com/?lang=en works for Monero as well. Duh

My mistake, i did not see Monero's logo down there. I was only noticing Dash logo up there next to Litecoin.
Now we (Dash) just need to switch places with Litecoin and we should be on the right spot.

On a sidenote : is there an update on Monero's security vulnerabilities ?  Is there still one Monero security vulnerability up and running (as in not fixed) ?

Link : https://finance.yahoo.com/news/monero-patches-security-vulnerabilities-worst-190344413.html

Monero has revealed nine security vulnerabilities, two of which were assessed as “critical.” Eight of the bugs have already been fixed,
The Next Web's Hard Fork writes.

I'm just curious as i never got a confirmation that the last one got fixed too, actually i got no information about that last one whatsoever......

Most of the vulnerabilities seem to have been fixed in June as the reports coincide with the release of Monero version 0.14.1.0 in June.
One, still mostly classified at the moment, awaits a fix.

Interesting, for Monero's sake i hope people are not exploiting the hack out of that security vulnerability. Could be difficult to notice i guess,
with Monero's closed blockchain and all. Article was from 2 months ago by the way and refers to v0.14.1.0 as latest Monero update......

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 12:06:48 AM

Fud about vulnerabilities that were found by Monero paid Audit and were patched with no damage to the chain.

The concerned troll aye? Nope Monero blockchain is not to be trusted, sell now. Maybe you should use Zcash I hear you cannot tell how many coins were created with their minting bug. I understand how Dashes Ninja mine wouldn't matter to you since you are in on the masternode scam.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 02:53:06 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2019, 03:27:49 PM by qwizzie

Fud about vulnerabilities that were found by Monero paid Audit and were patched with no damage to the chain.

The concerned troll aye? Nope Monero blockchain is not to be trusted, sell now. Maybe you should use Zcash I hear you cannot tell how many coins were created with their minting bug. I understand how Dashes Ninja mine wouldn't matter to you since you are in on the masternode scam.

Lets make my question more understandable : are all Monero's security vulnerabilities fixed by now or not ?

Most of the vulnerabilities seem to have been fixed in June as the reports coincide with the release of Monero version 0.14.1.0 in June.

a simple yes or no would be enough...... thank you.

Edit : on the off chance that the answer is no, can you please explain why its taking more then three months to issue a hotfix for a security vulnerability ?

consideritdone

Activity: 602
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 03:31:30 AM

DASH just surged today by 10% https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/dash
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 01:26:17 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2019, 01:42:50 PM by qwizzie

Lets make my question more understandable : are all Monero's security vulnerabilities fixed by now or not ?

a simple yes or no would be enough...... thank you.

Edit : on the off chance that the answer is no, can you please explain why its taking more then two months to issue a hotfix for a security vulnerability ?

I just checked Monero's github (https://github.com/monero-project/monero/releases) and latest version is indeed still v.0.14.1.0
Which means i dont need an answer to my question if the classified security vulnerability has been fixed or not.
Clearly it has not.

Security vulnerabilities are like ticking timebombs, just waiting to explode. Because so much time has passed by without Monero Core Developers
actually fixing this last remaining security vulnerability and the fact that it became public knowledge awhile back that Monero has a not-yet-fixed
security vulnerability the chance of active exploitation becomes higher the more time passes. At this point chances are that this security vulnerability
is getting actively exploited in its closed blockchain (closed blockchain in this case means this exploit is invisible to the general public).

At this point i would start asking questions to the Monero developers about this security vulnerability :

* is it fixable ? Or is the security vulnerability of such nature that its beyond the technical capabilities of the Monero Core Developers ?
* why keep it classified for this long ? keeping something classified this long smells like a cover-up
* why is there no feedback about this specific security vulnerability ? a simple status-update from time to time to its community ?

To conclude, cryptoprojects are evaluated on their ability to fix bugs and security vulnerabilities in a timely manner. Those cryptoprojects
that fail in that regard are making it much harder for themselfes on topics like integration and expansion.

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 02:40:37 PM

They all look resolved to me.

https://hackerone.com/monero/hacktivity?order_direction=DESC&order_field=popular&filter=type%3Aall

Hey why don't you link me dashes masternode code audits?

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 02:52:51 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2019, 03:29:34 PM by qwizzie

This particular security vulnerability has been labeled :

* mostly classified (which in this case means zero details)
* not fixed with v.0.14.1.0

Since Monero is still on v0.14.1.0 (three months later), this classified security vulnerability is definetely not yet fixed.
I'm not even sure in which category this particular classified security vulnerability falls, is it one of those two critical security vulnerabilities that the article mentions ?

Link : https://finance.yahoo.com/news/monero-patches-security-vulnerabilities-worst-190344413.html

Monero has revealed nine security vulnerabilities, two of which were assessed as “critical.” Eight of the bugs have already been fixed

I'm surprised a Monero classified security vulnerability can linger on this long (three months), without anyone from Monero's community raising any questions about it.

mathgal23

Activity: 150
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 09:07:59 PM
Merited by Hueristic (2)

Its hard to have a technical argument with someone that quotes news articles instead of code. See the Hackerone and or GitHub sources that show the issues being resolved:

https://hackerone.com/monero/hacktivity?order_direction=DESC&order_field=popular&filter=type%3Aall
https://github.com/monero-project/monero/commit/1d5e8f461de0a04891e5e18b0f50e9cf2cf534e1

Qwizzie obviously cant read code, or he would be asking DASH devs to open source ALL DASH evolution work and decentralize central points of failure such as the DASH Spork system

https://github.com/dashpay/dash/blob/master/src/spork.h

This particular security vulnerability has been labeled :

* mostly classified (which in this case means zero details)
* not fixed with v.0.14.1.0

Since Monero is still on v0.14.1.0 (three months later), this classified security vulnerability is definetely not yet fixed.
I'm not even sure in which category this particular classified security vulnerability falls, is it one of those two critical security vulnerabilities that the article mentions ?

Monero has revealed nine security vulnerabilities, two of which were assessed as “critical.” Eight of the bugs have already been fixed

I'm surprised a Monero classified security vulnerability can linger on this long (three months), without anyone from Monero's community raising any questions about it.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 10:24:19 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2019, 11:20:29 AM by qwizzie

Its hard to have a technical argument with someone that quotes news articles instead of code. See the Hackerone and or GitHub sources that show the issues being resolved:

https://github.com/monero-project/monero/commit/1d5e8f461de0a04891e5e18b0f50e9cf2cf534e1

I'm not talking about the issues that have been resolved with the june update (v0.14.1.0), i'm talking
about the issue that did not get resolved in that update (the last remaining security vulnerability that got
classified and not included into the june update)

There is zero information about this security vulnerability and since Monero is still at v0.14.1.0
(some three months now) this security vulnerability (whatever it is) cant have been resolved
as updates go through github (which is still at v0.14.1.0)

Also think about the meaning of classifying a security vulnerability, this basicly means no public information will be released
about this specific security vulnerability untill it gets resolved, which means it will not be on any public lists or github as to not
give any hackers insight into that security vulnerability. I'm mostly surprised that this one has been classified for three months
now with no end in sight.

Maybe its wise to first gather more information from the Monero Core Developers about this last remaining classified
security vulnerability, so that it can be identified in a future update as indeed having been resolved.
Reading that this vulnerability is mostly classified (not completely classified), there should be some details available that can be shared
with the public for identification purpose (without giving hackers any usefull information).

Edit : i think i found a reference to this classified not-yet-resolved security vulnerability

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2019/07/04/monero-cryptocurrency-security-flaw-bug-hackerone-disclosure-hack/

Reference : keejef (the one with the blanked out description, due to its classified status i assume).
Closed does not mean resolved, as you can see with the other security vulnerabilities that indeed got resolved and disclosed (the other eight).

As the article mentions only two of the nine security vulnerabilities were of critical status, it does not seem this classified one
is of critical status (two others are according above picture). Which means the classified one could range from low to high status.

To conclude, a quotation from referenced article :

The bulk of these bugs was submitted roughly four months ago. Eight vulnerabilities have since been patched,
while one remains almost entirely undisclosed. The reports appear to be timed to coincide with the release of
Monero version 0.14.1.0 in June.

Update : i did some further digging and it looks like the classified security vulnerability from keejef has only recentely (28 days ago)
been properly disclosed and merged with Monero's github master. Since it was only an update to the readme.md it does not require a new
software version, which explains why the Monero master on github is still at v0.14.1.0

Whether this disclosure through an update in the readme.md is enough to inform the Monero users about this specific high severity labeled
security vulnerability, i will leave for the readers to decide.

https://github.com/monero-project/monero/pull/5701

readme.md

### Blockchain-based
Certain blockchain "features" can be considered "bugs" if misused correctly. Consequently, please consider the following:

- When receiving monero, be aware that it may be locked for an arbitrary time if the sender elected to, preventing you from spending that
  monero until the lock time expires. You may want to hold off acting upon such a transaction until the unlock time lapses. To get a sense of
  that time, you can consider the remaining blocktime until unlock as seen in the `show_transfers` command.

That is if the keejef reference on above picture (the one thats blanked out), actually refers to : https://hackerone.com/reports/417515

It is just weird to see that Monero users can put a timelock on their transactions and thereby totally screw the receiver, by making that
transaction effectively unspendable. I can see two types of attack situations : used against exchanges, used against unaware Monero users.

The way that this security vulnerability got resolved is by pointing the responsebility directly towards the users and exchanges instead of
changing how the timelock of transactions is handled in the Monero code. Time will tell if that is the right approach.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: