Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:56:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merged Mined Coins Association MeMiCA  (Read 8159 times)
crowncoin_knight

Activity: 805
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2015, 04:40:22 PM

Waiting for the response from him! Sure - a bounty is up for discussion!  Wink

Any dev who would be interested for the job? Please get back to me!

crowncoin.org

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=815487.0

Hi crowncoin_knight,

Good to see you here - did you hear back from the dev who emailed you? It's beyond my capabilities I'm afraid, but maybe if you offered a bounty of some kind?  Wink

"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 05:34:54 PM

Didnt someone already do it for crowncoin? I know i helped out the person that did it.

Ahmed
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:01:24 PM

Didnt someone already do it for crowncoin? I know i helped out the person that did it.

Ahmed

Hey ahmed,

Yeah - infernoman had a go at it, but it's unfinished:

https://github.com/Infernoman/Crowncoin--AUXPOW-

....I tried it out a few weeks ago......you gonna give it a shot?  Wink Smiley
mrbodz

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:31:28 PM

I dunno. im pretty sure crowncoin was the one that had a bounty going for it and when i asked to work on it was told i was under qualified. Not much time on my hands at the moment either.

Ahmed
p3yot33at3r

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:51:26 PM

I dunno. im pretty sure crowncoin was the one that had a bounty going for it and when i asked to work on it was told i was under qualified. Not much time on my hands at the moment either.

Ahmed

Under qualified?

You?

Joking right?  Wink
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 04:53:27 AM

Strange that I am not aware of that someone from our team told you that...

Ahmed

crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2015, 05:01:41 AM

Unfortunatelly not. Still looking for that dev

Bounty: 100k CRW + 1 BTC

Ahmed

mrbodz

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:49:47 AM

I'll take up that bounty.

EDIT: I'll throw in an upgrade to btc 0.10? free of charge
Ahmed
p3yot33at3r

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 11:10:52 AM

Nice one Ahmed - if you need a p2pool tester, let me know  Smiley
p3yot33at3r

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:45:10 AM

Ahmed

Any news? Did the dev get back to you?
mrbodz

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:07:14 PM

nope
crowncoin_knight

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 03:13:01 PM

Sorry - someone took the job. We have the merged mining ready - we are testing now. Will be online soon.

Ahmed

mrbodz

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:32:38 PM

^ as expected...
p3yot33at3r

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 03:37:04 PM

We have the merged mining ready - we are testing now. Will be online soon.

Let me know if you need a tester for p2pool  Wink
Nasakiotoes

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:53:05 PM

Hello good sirs,

Continuing a conversation from another thread. Maybe there would be some interest in some coordinated building of buy and sell collumns accross several of these coins?

Id expect that we'd need to assess which coins need what support and go from there.

Thanks and good day.

Well, you could start from here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1008100.msg10939417#msg10939417

There have been lots of suggestions, schemes, and plans to help ixcoin but markm's support columns is easily helping the most. Hats off to you mark.

I believe this is the best way to help ixcoin. Forget marketing, websites, etc. Just build buy and sell columns. And build over ,as mark suggests, namecoin, devcoin, ixcoin, and iocoin. Maybe this can even be coordinated to some extent or mark could even control some sort of community fund for such purposes.

With end result being proper prices of course

That you markm with all the 100 quantity buy and sell walls on cryptsy?

Yeah unfortunately I have had to do them each 5 satoshis of price for IXCoin instead of the every satoshi of price I prefer, but hopefully I can thicken that up once the sell offers start being bought.

I am taking my time building the buys back up to 10k satoshis again as by going slow it allows time for weak hands to dump to me at these pathetically low prices before I bother going back up again and certainly before pushing back to the 16k to 18k satoshis that prevailed in the long-ago.

Ultimately of course the goal is still $1 or more per coin, but I think that will require also supporting NaMeCoin getting it back up over $1 as most likely folks are not going to support I0Coin and IXCoin at $1 and more unless they see NaMeCoin well up over $1.

Basically we will most likely have to support all the merged mined family eventually to give them all the best chances.

DeVCoin has been the best consistent money-maker though, as its periodic breakouts to 8 or more satoshis are pretty profitable when most of the coins you sell for such prices were picked up down at 3 satoshis. Even nicer on those very infrequent occassions when you can pick a few up at 2 satoshis. To think they used to hover around 30 though, hmm, will be nice to see them back up there again...

I expect most of my bitcoins for strengthening the IXCoin and I0Coin buy sides will end up coming from DeVCoin market-making profits.

I think of those piles of offers as columns rather than as walls though, as usually when folks talk about a wall it is just one huge offer, so that once it is broken through there is a massive hole on the other side of it. I prefer columns, so no matter how high or low folks want to push there is always something there waiting for them to push against. Actual depth instead of just a thin crust.

-MarkM-

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 07:44:38 PM

Also note that I (somewhat on purpose) also kept / keep the auxpow-related stuff in a separate branch from Namecoin proper.  I. e., it is a branch of Bitcoin Core (up-to-date with almost the latest upstream commits) that only adds auxpow, including proper unit- and regression tests.  I think that this could definitely be useful to other coins.  For instance, I also spotted (and fixed) some issues (memory leaks, for instance) in the getauxblock code used by Dogecoin and probably others.

A copy of bitcoin with the only change being to add support for being a child chain in a merge is the ideal thing to have for basing all the merged mined coins on, so thanks for that. I tried to build one of those long ago but never got it done before it became out of date.

Although come to think of it, even better would be that plus also with the RAM problems fixes also included, since all the merged coins will also need those fixes.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 08:07:33 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2015, 06:45:15 PM by markm

I never did get XGG to work properly with p2pool, memory usage went crazy, so if anyone has any hints/fixes - I'd like to make it 12........ Cheesy

The trick is to ensure XGG (GeistGeld) has a decently high difficulty before deploying p2pool.

When I was almost the only miner mining it, and certainly the only one mining it with enough hashing power to keep up a reasonable difficulty, its difficulty would collapse whenever my p2pool or daemon or miners had problems, because it adjusts/adapts its difficulty very swiftly.

p2pool would choke up, exhausting connection port data structures in the operating system or something like that, from constantly trying to open new connectinos to the daemon while hundreds or thousands of other such attempts were still waiting to time-out.

So what I had to do then was comment out XGG from my p2pool and direct some individual mining machines at it, such as a 50GHash Butterfly Labs miner or two for example, to drive its difficulty back up into the hundreds. Somewhere in the low hundreds or so of difficulty it would be difficulty enough that I could add it back into p2pool, BUT, NOTE THAT in those days I had no Neptune mining machines, just a Jupiter, so my p2pool was only running at somehing over 500GHashes (the Jupiter and some of the Butterfly Labs things and a whack of the early model USB miners).

I have not been able to use my Neptune miners with p2pool because no matter how few coins I merged in the p2pool I found I could only get about one terahash out of a Neptune that normally (e.g. with mmpool.org pool) gave me 3.4 terahashes.

Basically you need GeistGeld's difficulty to be high enough that however much hashpower you have in your instance of p2pool is not going to "instamine" it, it needs to be high enoguh that it will take your p2pool some seconds per block, so there is time to complete connections between blocks.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
p3yot33at3r

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 10:35:35 AM

I actually got it running nicely since posting that. I found the best option was to have it running in it's own screen session & merge mining it with a few other smaller diff coins on a smaller scale p2pool node as it struggled with my higher hash rate main node. It's been running stable with ~800Gh pointing at it for some time now. I leave the node running even when I'm not pointing any hash at it just to ensure it stays connected to the network..
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 07:04:03 AM

Also note that I (somewhat on purpose) also kept / keep the auxpow-related stuff in a separate branch from Namecoin proper.  I. e., it is a branch of Bitcoin Core (up-to-date with almost the latest upstream commits) that only adds auxpow, including proper unit- and regression tests.  I think that this could definitely be useful to other coins.  For instance, I also spotted (and fixed) some issues (memory leaks, for instance) in the getauxblock code used by Dogecoin and probably others.

A copy of bitcoin with the only change being to add support for being a child chain in a merge is the ideal thing to have for basing all the merged mined coins on, so thanks for that. I tried to build one of those long ago but never got it done before it became out of date.

Although come to think of it, even better would be that plus also with the RAM problems fixes also included, since all the merged coins will also need those fixes.

They are also fixed in the branch, of course (in the way it is done for Namecoin).

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:30:12 PM

BIP9 might break current merged mining...   https://forum.namecoin.info/viewtopic.php?p=16150#p16150
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: