Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:37:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bytecoin Roadmap (including CryptoNote protocol updates)  (Read 8099 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Wanesst

Activity: 421
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:28:34 PM

I see a lot of work being done on refactoring and performance optimization of Bytecoin. But how is it possible to increase synchronization speed 10 times? It will be great of course but still...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:41:28 PM

Instant transaction notification

With this feature CryptoNote transactions become real-time. When Alice broadcasts her newly created Bytecoin transaction to Bob, his wallet will immediately recognize it and update Bob's pending balance before the transaction is included in the blockchain.

I wonder, in case of double-spend attempt or transaction cancelation how will the wallet react? My question stands for GUI version also.

Suppose, nobody will make the double spend. It is really complicated to accomplish at present bytecoin version.

Okay look. The simplest situation: user has received block reward, but this block went to the alternative chain. It is an ordinary situation and pools may encounter it.

What will I see in my wallet in this situation?

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit

Powered by,
Lamalicious

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:45:46 PM

Instant transaction notification

With this feature CryptoNote transactions become real-time. When Alice broadcasts her newly created Bytecoin transaction to Bob, his wallet will immediately recognize it and update Bob's pending balance before the transaction is included in the blockchain.

I wonder, in case of double-spend attempt or transaction cancelation how will the wallet react? My question stands for GUI version also.

Suppose, nobody will make the double spend. It is really complicated to accomplish at present bytecoin version.

Okay look. The simplest situation: user has received block reward, but this block went to the alternative chain. It is an ordinary situation and pools may encounter it.

What will I see in my wallet in this situation?

Common, don’t beat yourself up, I suppose Bytecoin devs expected this. In that situation most likely
1) wallet balance will change and
2) this transaction will be erased from the history.

That would make sense.

heyhey-u

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:49:19 PM

i understand nothing from op  Grin Grin Grin i don't know nothing about cryptonote/bytecoin. i decided to visit your thread to make a first post.  i thought "hmmmmm it's hot topic. may be i will find cool folks there". ok i was right, yeah?  Cool i don't know what api and inode and refactoring are, but all this stuff looks pretty cool, you know. i think i should get close to cryptonote/bytecoin. what do i need to mine it? where can i buy some cryptonote/bytecoin, bros? Huh     
darthcoin

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:54:56 PM

In-process INode for applications

INode interface is Bytecoin's high-level API library that provides network node functionality. Its in-process implementation allows to launch an instance of Bytecoin daemon inside any C++ application. As an example, it allows Bytecoin Wallet to run a native network node. What's more, if you have a local Bytecoin daemon running, INode will connect to it rather than create a new in-app instance. This update marks the start of Bytecoin lightweight wallet development, a long-awaited feature in CryptoNote ecosystem.

I guess INode is something new. Could you explain in more detail? Where could I find it on the website? Actually, it would be pretty good to make a special blog for bytecoin where developers will comment on what is happening.
bytemuma

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 02:57:30 PM

i understand nothing from op  Grin Grin Grin i don't know nothing about cryptonote/bytecoin. i decided to visit your thread to make a first post.  i thought "hmmmmm it's hot topic. may be i will find cool folks there". ok i was right, yeah?  Cool i don't know what api and inode and refactoring are, but all this stuff looks pretty cool, you know. i think i should get close to cryptonote/bytecoin. what do i need to mine it? where can i buy some cryptonote/bytecoin, bros? Huh    

You can mine at minergate https://minergate.com and you can buy it at poloniex https://www.poloniex.com/exchange#btc_bcn

███
                              █████
           ██           █████████              ██
       █████         
█████████         ██████
     ████████         
█████         █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
            ████████              █████████
               █████       ███       █████

███       ██       █████       ██       ███
    █████            █████████            █████
█████████    █████████████    █████████
      ███        ██      █████      ██      ███
               █████      ███       █████
         ████████       
███       █████████
     ████████         
█████        █████████
       █████         
█████████        ██████
           ██           
█████████           ██
                              █████
                                ███

Adonx.one

◆ Twitter
◆ Telegram
◆ Discord

DStrange

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:02:06 PM

i understand nothing from op  Grin Grin Grin i don't know nothing about cryptonote/bytecoin. i decided to visit your thread to make a first post.  i thought "hmmmmm it's hot topic. may be i will find cool folks there". ok i was right, yeah?  Cool i don't know what api and inode and refactoring are, but all this stuff looks pretty cool, you know. i think i should get close to cryptonote/bytecoin. what do i need to mine it? where can i buy some cryptonote/bytecoin, bros? Huh    

Welcome to our community!

Here you can find:
the Bytecoin website http://bytecoin.org
the official twitter of Bytecoin developer https://twitter.com/bytecoin_dev

Also I invite you to Bytecoin community resources:
the Bytecoin main thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=512747
the Bytecoin community website http://bytecoiner.or
the community twitter https://twitter.com/Bytecoin_BCN
and Bytecoin subreddit http://www.reddit.com/r/BytecoinBCN/

All links to exchanges, mining pools and block explorers you can find here http://bytecoin.org/ecosystem/

If there are any questions, PM me. I will be glad to help you Smiley

Cheesus

terra-credit.com

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:06:40 PM

I see a lot of work being done on refactoring and performance optimization of Bytecoin. But how is it possible to increase synchronization speed 10 times? It will be great of course but still...

Devs are updating the network library. And also doing a lot of refactoring. I think that is where the magic happens.

If it's going to be really that fast I might be resynchronizing my blockchain just to check it out. :-)

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit

Powered by,
forfunzies

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:12:14 PM

Thanks for the great info. If you release everything on the list Bytecoin is going to be a very perspective coin! 

+ To the moon!

Firstly, it was "to the Mars" to be precise:
https://i.imgur.com/3F0KFnY.png

Secondly, Bytecoin is a breakthrough coin already. For one thing, it is the first of all the CryptoNote currencies; Bytecoin team implemented CryptoNote's source code itself. And now they're offering something that almost nobody else seems to be capable of. Smart contracts are huge if you ask me.

I believe so far this is the greatest cryptocurrency news in 2015. The strategy is solid. Firstly, the user experience is simplified with GUI wallet. Second, a lot of work on code quality and, seamingly, re-usability is done. Third, robust merchant solution should further drive adoption. Fourth, tons of refactoring to ensure performance. And, finally, more awesome features.

I wonder the timeframe though.

There are some people already working on smart contracts. Ethereum will be launched very soon. Of course, a larger number of platforms are good for competition.

However, Bytecoin is nowhere close to be the first here unless they rollout scripts this week. Which I highly doubt.
mdegreffe

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:14:36 PM

Bytecoin back in business. Smiley

It was long awaited. Good to see Bytecoin and CryptoNote develop further.

You're saying "back" like it was missing. The website was updated, so I think it was a matter of time until the devs come up with an update.

No, seriously, until todays' newsletter there haven't been any big news for quite some time.

Btw, new website is pretty damn awesome. Actually, all Bytecoin website were awesome, is there a gallery of some sort? Cheesy

I've checked the website. It looks neat. And Bytecoin has done good job trying to explain cryptocurrency in layman's terms. Cool  Cheesy
heyhey-u

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:17:05 PM

Bytecoin back in business. Smiley

It was long awaited. Good to see Bytecoin and CryptoNote develop further.

You're saying "back" like it was missing. The website was updated, so I think it was a matter of time until the devs come up with an update.

No, seriously, until todays' newsletter there haven't been any big news for quite some time.

Btw, new website is pretty damn awesome. Actually, all Bytecoin website were awesome, is there a gallery of some sort? Cheesy

I've checked the website. It looks neat. And Bytecoin has done good job trying to explain cryptocurrency in layman's terms. Cool  Cheesy

even such a noobish guy like me now understands bytecoin better  Grin so where's your GUI?
Lamalicious

Activity: 148

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:19:56 PM

I need to buy much more bytecoins right now. Besides, what about deadlines? What date is going to be the 1.0.3 version? I’m eager to have a look on first GUI wallet in CryptoNote ecosystem.
... You are so excited about GUI wallet like it's the most important feature for the cryptocurrency...

Of course wallets don’t matter this much. But payment gateway definitely does. I mean, this is huge thing for services/businesses/etc. Now exchanges, shops and any other projects could easily accept Bytecoin and other CryptoNote coins. This does matter.

I just haven’t got it how exactly this would work? Something like CoinPayments or what? How quickly can I implement this on my website, for example?

bytemuma

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:26:37 PM

There are several accounts created just to reply to this topic, i think a lot of people want to ask questions but not with is regular account.

This is good  Smiley

███
                              █████
           ██           █████████              ██
       █████         
█████████         ██████
     ████████         
█████         █████████
         ████████       
███       █████████
               █████       ███       █████

███       ██       █████       ██       ███
      ███        ██      █████      ██      ███
               █████      ███       █████
         ████████       
███       █████████
     ████████         
█████        █████████
       █████         
█████████        ██████
           ██           
█████████           ██
                              █████
                                ███

Adonx.one

◆ Twitter
◆ Telegram
◆ Discord

Ullo (OP)

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 03:32:49 PM

Once again, thank you all for supporting us.

Of course wallets don’t matter this much. But payment gate definitely does. I mean, this is huge thing for services/businesses/etc. Now exchanges, shops and any other projects could easily accept Bytecoin and other CryptoNote coins. This does matter.

I just haven’t got it how exactly this would work? Something like CoinPayments or what? How quickly can I implement this on my website, for example?

Bytecoin payment gateway will be based on the Bytecoin reference client source code. After compilation you well get a new binary in addition to bytecoind and simplewallet that you already should know. You will be able to control the gateway through JSON RPC interface. Its methods are going to be provided with the payment gateway release.

Bytecoin BCN core team: https://bytecoin.org/
dlightman

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:35:21 PM

Hi!

I see a lot of work done be Bytecoin team toward CryptoNote platform improvement. Good for CryptoNote. There is a number of negative points I want to mention now:

1. Bytecoin wiki is really outdated. I hope that new interfaces will be properly documented before being released.

2. "Payment gateway designed for highload" sounds good but looks to be premature because there is no any highload even in Bitcoin traffic. Does this mean that developers are aware about forthcoming sources of highload? If "no", efforts are probably wasted. Good GUI is much more important now.

3. "Network-wide real-time transactions synchronization" ... really? How does Bytecoin now without it?

4. Simple tools and guides for merchant integration (not for highload and sophisticated scenarios but firstly for lowload and simple ones) are very important but aren't mentioned in OP. Why?

Nevertheless this is an important move from Bytecoin team.
Ullo (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 03:48:47 PM

In-process INode for applications

INode interface is Bytecoin's high-level API library that provides network node functionality. Its in-process implementation allows to launch an instance of Bytecoin daemon inside any C++ application. As an example, it allows Bytecoin Wallet to run a native network node. What's more, if you have a local Bytecoin daemon running, INode will connect to it rather than create a new in-app instance. This update marks the start of Bytecoin lightweight wallet development, a long-awaited feature in CryptoNote ecosystem.

I guess INode is something new. Could you explain in more detail? Where could I find it on the website? Actually, it would be pretty good to make a special blog for bytecoin where developers will comment on what is happening.

INode's description that you quote is pretty self-explanatory. INode is a high-level API interface that has been introduced back in Bytecoin v.0.8.11. Basically, it is a C++ library that is capable of everything the CryptoNote network node should do. It can be used for other applications to replace bytecoind daemon running in the background and have everything inside one app. You may read more about the methods on our wiki but keep in mind that whole API section is going to be updated with the next release: https://wiki.bytecoin.org/wiki/High_level_Node_API

dulldog

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 03:59:35 PM

Of course wallets don’t matter this much. But payment gateway definitely does. I mean, this is huge thing for services/businesses/etc. Now exchanges, shops and any other projects could easily accept Bytecoin and other CryptoNote coins. This does matter.

As it's said in the OP, a new payment gateway will be
capable of receiving and sending thousands Bytecoin transactions simultaneously

Why not make the same feature for GUI wallet?
Ullo (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 04:04:11 PM

I see a lot of work done be Bytecoin team toward CryptoNote platform improvement. Good for CryptoNote. There is a number of negative points I want to mention now:

1. Bytecoin wiki is really outdated. I hope that new interfaces will be properly documented before being released.

Actually it is not outdated, as it corresponds to the current technology. However, it requires restructuring and cleanup. Wiki update is scheduled for the next Bytecoin release. We will keep it updated.

2. "Payment gateway designed for highload" sounds good but looks to be premature because there is no any highload even in Bitcoin traffic. Does this mean that developers are aware about forthcoming sources of highload? If "no", efforts are probably wasted. Good GUI is much more important now.

It's better to say that we're getting rid of a potential bottleneck. There are some things that should be better done beforehand.

3. "Network-wide real-time transactions synchronization" ... really? How does Bytecoin now without it?

I guess this one might be actually misleading. We're going to make transactions pool synchronized across all daemons. At the moment it is possible for Bytecoin daemons to have different transaction in tx pool (transactions not yet included in the blockchain). We believe that it is important for the daemons to have their pools fully synchronized as it helps solve a number of issues.

Cheesus

terra-credit.com

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:05:10 PM

As it's said in the OP, a new payment gateway will be
capable of receiving and sending thousands Bytecoin transactions simultaneously

Why not make the same feature for GUI wallet?

Why do we need that? Wallet is a wallet, just a GUI. I highly doubt that you will send thousands of transactions in a minute using GUI wallet.

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit