Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:02:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Skrill MasterCard  (Read 1315 times)
ajareselde (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:17:19 PM

Ok, so i used my Skrill MC (debit card) for the first time tonight, and what im seeing isnt impressive at all.
i withdrawed about 200$ to give it a shot, and see what the fees are, its just insane, after all the deductions, both from skrill,mc and local bank, the total fee's got to roughly 13%
Yes  13% , its just insane, the local bank is using one conversion rate in the bank for conversions, and other rate when u use MC card on ATM, but thats not where most of the fee went,
Anyways, ill phone the bank tomorrow, since its late here, and theyre not opened, but the overall impression is depressing.

Does the same thing happen when u use "bitcoin" debit card from lets say bit'x or xapo etc.. ?

cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:30:32 PM

Ok, so i used my Skrill MC (debit card) for the first time tonight, and what im seeing isnt impressive at all.
i withdrawed about 200$ to give it a shot, and see what the fees are, its just insane, after all the deductions, both from skrill,mc and local bank, the total fee's got to roughly 13%
Yes  13% , its just insane, the local bank is using one conversion rate in the bank for conversions, and other rate when u use MC card on ATM, but thats not where most of the fee went,
Anyways, ill phone the bank tomorrow, since its late here, and theyre not opened, but the overall impression is depressing.

Does the same thing happen when u use "bitcoin" debit card from lets say bit'x or xapo etc.. ?

cheers

There s a thread somewhere here which comapres BTC cards and their fees. Generally, fees are about 1.5% max.

ajareselde (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 08:30:24 PM

cheers

There s a thread somewhere here which comapres BTC cards and their fees. Generally, fees are about 1.5% max.

yeah, and it all sound so promissing, but when u actually use it you see that there are adittional fees from your local bank that throw
this whole story into a nightmare. thats why i asked, hoping for experiences from users actually using cards.

cheers
ajareselde (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:29:36 PM

BIT-X's Bitcoin Debit Mastercard will have favorable fees, stay tuned for their launch!

u didnt read nothing that i said or asked...
provider fees+local bank fees is what im interested in, and whats making all theese problems. I know that provider fees are not that big, so its mostly local bank(ATM) fees is
what i need to know. hopefully someone is actually using those cards..

cheers
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:42:08 PM

cheers

I would appreciate if anybody could link me to this thread, as I couldn't find it.

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
ajareselde (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 09:58:40 PM

cheers

I would appreciate if anybody could link me to this thread, as I couldn't find it.

I believe you are searching for this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1001849.0

but that still doesnt say anything about local ATM fees, and currency conversion, so its useless data mostly, showing only provider fees

cheers
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 10:24:27 PM

cheers

I believe you are searching for this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1001849.0

but that still doesnt say anything about local ATM fees, and currency conversion, so its useless data mostly, showing only provider fees

cheers
Yes, that is what I was looking for. There is not as much information as I expected, but thanks for the link!

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
Neotox
Legendary

Activity: 1120

Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 11:57:56 PM

BIT-X's Bitcoin Debit Mastercard will have favorable fees, stay tuned for their launch!
it will available to all country users or only few on them

Available
PM me to rent this space.
joksim299
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1014

Bitdice is scam scam scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 02:24:23 AM

it will available to all country users or only few on them

Countries where the BIT-X Debit MasterCard will not be shipped to for the time being due to Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and Central Bank restrictions:

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Cambodia, Democratic Peoples's Republic of Korea (DPRK), Ecuador, Guyana, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Namibia, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Sudan, Syria, Uganda, USA, Yemen, Zimbabwe

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006157.0

marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:17:50 AM

u didnt read nothing that i said or asked...
provider fees+local bank fees is what im interested in, and whats making all theese problems. I know that provider fees are not that big, so its mostly local bank(ATM) fees is
what i need to know. hopefully someone is actually using those cards..

cheers

I hadn't heard of local bank fees before. Did you withdraw in a different currency than your card is in?
Bejkn

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:07:54 AM

xapo's fee is also expensive.
  in fact, all credit cards are not cheap.
     so bitcoins can stand out from the crowds.
Minerjoe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 06:36:23 AM

I think you should not go over 3% including bank fees. I am gonna myself one of these card soon and test it.

nlscience2k14

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 06:46:09 AM

I think you're being charged high fees for currency conversion, apparently payment processors charge fees for currency conversions such as from USD to GBP but, then again i could be wrong and they are just screwing you over. I have a payoneer card linked to my skrill so i just pull the money to my payoneer account and spend it from there coz i think they charge like a $1 per transaction.  Grin
ajareselde (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 02:12:28 PM
Last edit: April 02, 2015, 02:24:25 PM by ajareselde

I think you're being charged high fees for currency conversion, apparently payment processors charge fees for currency conversions such as from USD to GBP but, then again i could be wrong and they are just screwing you over. I have a payoneer card linked to my skrill so i just pull the money to my payoneer account and spend it from there coz i think they charge like a $1 per transaction.  Grin

Yes, 8% of overall fees were from currency conversion, and the rest are ATM fees and Skrill fees.
Its obvious that you can't withdraw money in a currency other than your local one,duh.. But that is what im trying to say here, since most of bitcoin debit card owners are not in the usd/eur
its useless for them to even have bitcoin debit card, or similar alternatives, because of these fees.

cheers
nlscience2k14

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2015, 06:14:20 PM

I think you're being charged high fees for currency conversion, apparently payment processors charge fees for currency conversions such as from USD to GBP but, then again i could be wrong and they are just screwing you over. I have a payoneer card linked to my skrill so i just pull the money to my payoneer account and spend it from there coz i think they charge like a $1 per transaction.  Grin

Yes, 8% of overall fees were from currency conversion, and the rest are ATM fees and Skrill fees.
Its obvious that you can't withdraw money in a currency other than your local one,duh.. But that is what im trying to say here, since most of bitcoin debit card owners are not in the usd/eur
its useless for them to even have bitcoin debit card, or similar alternatives, because of these fees.

cheers

Ok now i understand but, i must say that skrill has some really high processing fees but mostly its the bank that's making money off you; where i live there are 4 atm's from 3 different banks and one of them charges me $0 to check my account and another charges nearly $7 just to check my account. Can you imagine how much money i would have to give the bank if i overdrafted 0_0 #bankssuck Quick sidenote, the atm that i use dispenses 3 different currencies. I think you may want to shop around for a new bank/atm/payment processor.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: