Bitcoin Forum
April 08, 2020, 04:31:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 [834] 835 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Flat Earth  (Read 1092518 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1168

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 08:46:04 PM

Here is some more NASA proof that the earth is a globe.

NASA image reveals remains of an ancient lake that stretched 150,000 square miles...

NASA shared an eerie image of what was once a lake larger than the Caspian Sea in central Africa.

Called Mega Chad, this massive body of water stretched 150,000 square miles across the Sahara and would have been the largest on Earth today.

Modern Lake Chad is just a fraction of its former size and sits inside the ancient body of water's shoreline that is still etched into the desert landscape.

The image highlights the dark lower-elevations of the area, along with sand spits and beach ridges that formed along Lake Mega Chad's northeastern shores.

Experts have noted that the enormous lake took just a couple hundred years to shrink to its current 137 square miles size.

The lake, which crosses the borders of Chad, Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon, has been further reduced in size by humanity siphoning off fresh water from it.

Cool

Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency Buy Crypto With Credit Card Smooth Exchange Multiple E-Payment Systems Check Now Check Now
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
seoincorporation
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1569

BtcBoss

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 08:50:04 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2020, 12:44:43 AM by seoincorporation
Merited by Vod (1)

Today someone dies trying to prove the Flat Earth theory. Mike Hughes gets into his homemade rocket and the landing doesn't goes fine.

https://twitter.com/justindchapman/status/1231336002175717376

I feel bad about Mike, he sacrifices himself and he couldn't prove the earth is flat. If he wants to see the earth curvature, there are better ways...

Rest in peace Mike  Embarrassed

.BitDice.               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 08:57:22 PM

Today someone dies trying to prove the Flat Earth theory. Mike Hughes gets into his homemade rocket and the landing doesn't goes fine.

https://twitter.com/justindchapman/status/1231336002175717376

I feel bad about Mike, he sacrifices himself and he could prove the earth is flat. If he wants to see the earth curvature, there are better ways...

Rest in peace Mike  Embarrassed

Was that his parachute that was torn off during blast-off? Is that why he didn't parachute down?

Cool

seoincorporation
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1569

BtcBoss

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 09:23:24 PM

Was that his parachute that was torn off during blast-off? Is that why he didn't parachute down?

Cool

You are right, we can see how the parachute fall after takeoff... I will quote the news:

Footage of the launch appeared to show  parachute separating from the rocket seconds after takeoff. Moments later the rockets slams to the ground.

Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/02/23/mad-mike-hughes-killed-homemade-rocket-crash-california/4849772002/

.BitDice.               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 09:30:59 PM

Cool

You are right, we can see how the parachute fall after takeoff... I will quote the news:

Footage of the launch appeared to show  parachute separating from the rocket seconds after takeoff. Moments later the rockets slams to the ground.

Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/02/23/mad-mike-hughes-killed-homemade-rocket-crash-california/4849772002/

Might it have been sabotage? Or are all his people truly loyal?

Cool

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1890

BountyPortals.com

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2020, 12:37:32 AM

OP, if you want proof the Earth is not flat, you can go to a harbor where there are lots of ships. From the ground, watch the ship sail off, and eventually you will see that it will appear to sink, and will not "fade off". You will see the bottom of the ship disappear, and eventually will see the top of the flag disappear.

After the ship has appeared to disappear, move to higher ground near where you are -- go to the top level of a building and look towards the ship. You will be able to see more of the ship than you could when you were on the ground.

The head executive of the executive office of the department of the redundancy department’s office
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1032

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 02:56:42 AM

@seoincorporation, he died a hero's death!
Tash

Activity: 420
Merit: 35

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 04:46:12 AM

How to turn a square into a circle
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PleasingUnpleasantJabiru-mobile.mp4

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1547

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 09:02:47 AM

I remain unconvinced of the flat earth "buoyancy" theory of gravity because of the inconsistencies and contradictions, and because of the inability of proponents to explain it. I wonder if this one would be more suitable: Le Sage's theory of gravitation

The Coulomb force (electromagnetism) ultimately drives any material particles in motion. "Space and time" along with relativistic "gravity" is a concept from Relativity (1905) and was falsified by D&P Sagnac (1939) at the University of Paris. What was proven, is that there is a static aether.

I figured that Le Sage's theory might appeal to you because it describes something that is similar to buoyancy. Note that the theory does not depend on the existence of planets or space or relativity or aether.

My problem with your Coulomb force explanation (as I understand it) is that it requires an aether that has mass and charge. In addition, aether must be extremely rigid in order to transmit electromagnetic waves at high frequencies, but you write that it is a "super-fine gas", which is anything but rigid.

Buy stuff on Amazon at a discount with bitcoins or convert Amazon points to bitcoins: Purse.io
Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
iasenko

Activity: 896
Merit: 1861

www.coldkey.eu Lovely secure card wallets by yogg!

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2020, 09:49:23 AM

Let's say the Earth is flat, then why I cannot see the Burj Dubai, Everest, from Europa?
I have some quite good lenses and I can clearly see some crates on the Moon, so why not here on Earth?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 12:31:39 PM

Let's say the Earth is flat, then why I cannot see the Burj Dubai, Everest, from Europa?
I have some quite good lenses and I can clearly see some crates on the Moon, so why not here on Earth?

The problem is that looking at the moon requires only a small amount of atmosphere to look through. Looking at something on the earth requires looking through several to many times worth of atmosphere.

As you go up, the atmosphere becomes less and less. At 20 miles high, there is not enough atmosphere to make a difference in upward vision. There is enough, however, to cause a flying vehicle to be affected by it if the vehicle is flying at high speeds.

Atmosphere causes distant objects on earth to not be seen correctly. Even though the atmosphere doesn't always produce a mirage, it still distorts images enough that you can only see a limited number of miles on the surface of the earth.

In other words, the atmosphere idea regarding flat Earth or globe Earth is irrelevant. Atmosphere blocks or would block vision on either FE or GE.

Cool

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1509

born once atheist

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 01:55:17 PM

@seoincorporation, he died a hero's death!

....For here
Am I sitting in a tin can,
Chute is far far away.
Dammit, now I’m doomed
And there’s nothing I can do....”

Boom....

(Apologies to David Bowie’s “Major Tom”)

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 01:57:51 PM

Has this been posted yet?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/daredevil-mad-mike-hughes-dies-homemade-rocket-launch-filmed-tv-n1141286

Bozo got famous for wanting to prove "once and for all" the earth was flat.

Wasn't it already proven once and for all when billions can see the curvature of the earth?  Yeah, let's listen to a nutjob and replace all the textbooks with his delusions.

The planet as a whole just got a bit smarter.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1009045.msg53898923#msg53898923

Cool

hornetsnest

Activity: 537
Merit: 299

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 03:24:20 PM

How is my other favourite thread doing today?

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1032

View Profile
February 24, 2020, 05:49:28 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2020, 06:01:06 PM by notbatman

The aether, in addition to behaving as super-fine gas is under maximum compression and is incompressible thus, has the ridged properties of a liquid crystal.

These so-called modern scientists all claim they seek the holy grail of unified field theory, they do not! They seek to bury what was experimentally proven in 1939 at the university of Paris and scream "LALALALALALAL I can't hear you over the sound of muh relativity".
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1890

BountyPortals.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2020, 05:44:45 AM

OP, if you want proof the Earth is not flat, you can go to a harbor where there are lots of ships. From the ground, watch the ship sail off, and eventually you will see that it will appear to sink, and will not "fade off". You will see the bottom of the ship disappear, and eventually will see the top of the flag disappear.

After the ship has appeared to disappear, move to higher ground near where you are -- go to the top level of a building and look towards the ship. You will be able to see more of the ship than you could when you were on the ground.
OP, I am still waiting on a response to this method of verifying the Earth is not flat.

Additionally, I can confirm that I have personally verified that the Earth is not flat.

The head executive of the executive office of the department of the redundancy department’s office
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1547

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 09:31:06 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2020, 09:47:06 AM by odolvlobo

The aether, in addition to behaving as super-fine gas is under maximum compression and is incompressible thus, has the ridged properties of a liquid crystal.

A gas is compressible by definition. There is no such thing an incompressible gas.

If it is rigid, then it must have a high viscosity. If it has mass, then it must have inertia. If it has a charge, then we should be able to manipulate it. I don't think any of these properties have ever been demonstrated.

Buy stuff on Amazon at a discount with bitcoins or convert Amazon points to bitcoins: Purse.io
Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 546
Merit: 424

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 01:22:03 PM

OP, I am still waiting on a response to this method of verifying the Earth is not flat.

But first find the difference, between notbatman & notcatman. Tongue

Bitcoin gave me something I could not refuse. The plausible chance, of an honorable financial death.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1509

born once atheist

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 01:25:42 PM

Additionally, I can confirm that I have personally verified that the Earth is not flat.

Don’t hold your breath dude. He’ll just come up with some silly convoluted word salad involving refraction, mirages
vanishing points, or maybe mention fake NASA photo conspiracies, the Jews, hot ovens and roping yourself or some
such ridiculous thing. Then top it off with an obscure “wtf?” meme.
I’m sure it’s actually been discussed repeatedly in this rather long, farcical trolling thread,iirc. Not worth searching for it though.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Cnut237

Activity: 980
Merit: 515

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 25, 2020, 01:56:29 PM

We're coming around to April Fool's Day 01 April again. It's 5th anniversary time for the thread!!!

Are we doing anything special? I think someone should bake a cake, and then take it out of the oven before it's fully cooked, so that it goes flat.
Any other (better) ideas?

Pages: « 1 ... 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 [834] 835 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.