Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:35:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2x Radeon 5970 (one Asus, one Diamond OEM) Reference cards  (Read 1987 times)
jermwerty (OP)

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 02:51:25 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2012, 10:42:38 PM by jermwerty

EDIT:

PRICE DROP I just did the math and figured I'll drop the price to move these ASAP.

As of right now, I can do $289 shipped per card, both for $578 shipped for both (Amazon preferred or BTC).  I have a dependency though so if things take too long this has to be a limited time offer.

Let me know, thanks!

- J

SOLD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2x Radeon 5970 (one Asus, one Diamond OEM) Reference cards lurker that just finally signed up for a real account here so I have nothing to hide and please feel free to check out my 100% eBay feedback over the past 14-years and I'm also on Heatware (all under JermWerty).  I've had these two cards since last Nov/Dec timeframe and have just mined with them 24/7 with no issues what-so-ever.

Card #1 - ASUS EAH5970/2DIS/2GD5 Radeon HD 5970 2GB  (3 year warranty, I believe the card was manufactured in 2010 so still should have a good bit left on the warranty)
Card #2 - DIAMOND OEM Radeon HD 5970 (Hemlock) 2GB (unknown warranty status)

Running GuiMiner I have been getting 360Mhash per core @ 800mhz core 300mhz mem, temps in high 60C/low 70C range GPU-Z reported low VRM temps (80C last I checked, long time ago!)  System has been stable for months at a time, mostly rebooting for windows updates.

Both cards combined run 1.43Ghash with Win7.  Just decided I've had enough heat output in my house, want to slim down my miners and relocate everything to the garage, and sticking with single-GPU cards.

Would strongly prefer to sell both cards together @28BTC per card for 58BTC total SHIPPED CONUS USPS Priority.  (or send offers via PM Wink

Thanks for looking!  

jermwerty (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 04:32:34 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2012, 08:10:13 AM by jermwerty

Would shipping be any extra to Australia?

I will consider international please PM me the zipcode(? - or equivalent) information so I can evaluate shipping.  (Goilio YHPM)
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 05:26:00 AM

I offer $270 shipped for one 5970 to 54501. I -might- be interested in BOTH 5970 ($540). I don't have the entire amount immediately available in bitcoins, but I do have a fistful of coins I can put down as a down payment. The rest of my money is currently in a bank account. I do have a dwolla account though. If you would prefer bitcoins though, then I would have to jump through some hoops to get money out of bank account into dwolla or paypal or something and buy coins from members in OTC, or buy mtgoxusd and buy at market price.

Also would you do escrow?

jermwerty (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 05:34:27 AM
Last edit: August 16, 2012, 08:19:11 AM by jermwerty

I offer $270 ...

I can take Amazon, Dwolla, BTC and (I guess? never used 'em) MtGox codes

As for $270... well then I would just keep mining with them or go eBay.  Generally I would rather keep them "in the community" and save the fees and do it the easy way.

Escrow is going to increase costs (double shipping) and while I'm open to it, that's just more fees.  At this point I'm not using some 1-time random account - used this handle for years online and I'm not going to rip people off - beside the simple fact of it being easily traceable back to me beyond that I think integrity still means something - heck I'll give you my name/address/local police number ...

I'm flexible and open to ideas, but a lot more so at 55BTC  Wink
ssateneth
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 05:51:49 AM

I offer $270 ...

I can take Amazon, Dwolla, BTC and (I guess? never used 'em) MtGox codes

As for $270... well then I would just keep mining with them or go eBay.  Generally I would rather keep them "in the community" and save the fees and do it the easy way.

Escrow is going to increase costs (double shipping) and while I'm open to it, that's just more fees.  At this point I'm not using some 1-time random account - used this handle for years online and I'm not going to rip people off - beside the simple fact of it being easily traceable back to me beyond that I think integrity still means something - heck I'll give you my name/address/local police number ...

I'm flexible and open to ideas, but a lot more so at 58BTC  Wink

There is no double shipping. Escrow means I send my bitcoins to someone trusted here on the forums such as hashking, he holds the funds, you ship it out, I receive the goods, and I tell him to release the funds.
Also fwiw, I won't resell it either; I have 3 PCI-E slots available I can plug these 5970's into and I intend to use em for as long as gpu mining is profitable. I can increase my offer to $275 each but thats about my top of the mark. I own 4 5970's and I've paid 202, 240, 250, and 250 shipped for each of them within the last 2 months. But if you want to sell it on ebay, then by all means..

jermwerty (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 05:59:32 AM

There is no double shipping. Escrow means I send my bitcoins to someone trusted here on the forums such as hashking, he holds the funds, you ship it out, I receive the goods, and I tell him to release the funds.
Also fwiw, I won't resell it either; I have 3 PCI-E slots available I can plug these 5970's into and I intend to use em for as long as gpu mining is profitable. I can increase my offer to $275 each but thats about my top of the mark. I own 4 5970's and I've paid 202, 240, 250, and 250 shipped for each of them within the last 2 months. But if you want to sell it on ebay, then by all means..

Thanks for the escrow clarification, never used it so I guess that was my own idea of how it worked!  You found some good deals, keep that up but alas the only cards on eBay for $275 are dead ones...

ssateneth
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 06:20:37 AM

Thanks for the escrow clarification, never used it so I guess that was my own idea of how it worked!  You found some good deals, keep that up but alas the only cards on eBay for $275 are dead ones...

Yeah I saw that too. I got an addon to help be snipe attractively priced cards that are good for mining. Haven't seen anything pop up lately though except for some 6950's for $124 and and some 5850's for $120 and $110 (I bought one for $110 about 30 minutes ago Smiley)

Anyways, good luck with your sales. I'm sure some other miners will jump on them. I heard 420 is looking for some cards to mine on, might want to PM him. He can be a little annoying though.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 07:32:15 AM

3 questions:

1. Why sticking with single GPU cards?

2. Did you have them running in crossfire?

3. Would you do a local sale? What state are you in?

Edit: thanks ssateneth Smiley odd i found this auction on my own and I'm just loosely looking to purchase more GPU's

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
jermwerty (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 08:08:51 AM

3 questions:

Edit: thanks ssateneth Smiley odd i found this auction on my own and I'm just loosely looking to purchase more GPU's

Great questions!

I run (most) my rigs in the garage where its 100 degrees and my 5-series (single) cards can still stay under 70c with 60% fan (slightly undervolted) with extenders and 5gpus per cpu.  I keep the 5970s inside and with 65% fan I see 72c.  Don't want to move them out there.

Inside I keep the xfire bridge so trixx can oc and control fan speed on all cards.   Was bugged otherwise.  I got the same mhash with it so...  I dunno I just found what worked when I set this up originally and didn't touch it!

I am in Eastern Washington (yay $0.055 kwh power).  Hit me up!

I only know these cards have been great for me and were stable miners in the config I have/had.  Tried to not abuse them with crazy temps or speeds or anything... of course Ymmv!

*sigh* I'd keep these but I had some unexpected house bills and this is one solution... shoot me a number!

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 08:20:18 AM

3 questions:

Great questions!

I run (most) my rigs in the garage where its 100 degrees and my 5-series (single) cards can still stay under 70c with 60% fan (slightly undervolted) with extenders and 5gpus per cpu.  I keep the 5970s inside and with 65% fan I see 72c.  Don't want to move them out there.

Inside I keep the xfire bridge so trixx can oc and control fan speed on all cards.   Was bugged otherwise.  I got the same mhash with it so...  I dunno I just found what worked when I set this up originally and didn't touch it!

I am in Eastern Washington (yay $0.055 kwh power).  Hit me up!

I only know these cards have been great for me and were stable miners in the config I have/had.  Tried to not abuse them with crazy temps or speeds or anything... of course Ymmv!

*sigh* I'd keep these but I had some unexpected house bills and this is one solution... shoot me a number!

if someone had your trust maybe sell your hashing power to them in advance for a specified amount of time and you'd be able to keep them

jermwerty (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 08:45:34 AM

...maybe sell your hashing power to them in advance for a specified amount of time and you'd be able to keep them

Seems so much less straight forward than just selling them and not worrying about all that, but to each their own!  I can always get different single cards later... 

Back to ot:  want cards? Make offer. Wink
jermwerty (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:34:03 AM

Price drop to move these!

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:46:06 AM

here's his eBay feedback (or the username he claims):
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jermwerty&ftab=AllFeedback&rt=nc&myworld=true

Can you tell us something you're about to receive feedback on eBay for? recent purchase? verify your eBay account for us.

Last things purchased/received feedback is cellphone cases

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:54:41 AM

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jermwerty&ftab=AllFeedback&rt=nc&myworld=true

Can you tell us something you're about to receive feedback on eBay for? recent purchase? verify your eBay account for us.

His last feedback was left 2 weeks ago?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:55:34 AM

His last feedback was left 2 weeks ago?

YUP, feedback RECEIVED. for purchases. feedback he left was March

jermwerty (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 05:32:18 AM

You guys are paranoid - cracks me up!  While that's all good, if you want ebay confirmation just send me an IM via eBay and I'll respond.  Shipping is from Richland WA.

Oh and those cellphone cases were for my Sprint Google Nexus phone, wife had dropped her's in the river so I renewed my contract and got a inexpensive upgrade.  Got one black/one white one.

eBay member since '98 so not my first online rodeo

yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:55:00 AM

I will buy these.

However, you must ship first.  I will pay upon reciept and verification that they are in good working order. 

I am a very trusted member/trader.....you will not have to look far to see that. 

Let me know. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
jermwerty (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 07:35:21 PM

UP FOR SALE AGAIN - WANT TO MOVE THEM ASAP!

Got tired of a couple members whiny PMs here last time (zomg u have to sellz toe me for like $240! -- hah umm... what do I say to that?) so lets cut to the chase and get a deal one... last cards in eBay sold for $280-400+shipping so this pair is "ebay low" applied to both!

abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 07:51:13 PM

UP FOR SALE AGAIN - WANT TO MOVE THEM ASAP!

Got tired of a couple members whiny PMs here last time (zomg u have to sellz toe me for like $240! -- hah umm... what do I say to that?) so lets cut to the chase and get a deal one... last cards in eBay sold for $280-400+shipping so this pair is "ebay low" applied to both!

If you are willing to go thru escrow. I'm willing to do the deal.

My otc rating, http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=abracadabra&sign=ANY&type=RECV

jermwerty (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 11:34:47 PM

Thanks all for looking.
Have a deal pending payment!
segabtc

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 12:53:43 AM

another deal is done. 1.5 ghs for about $500.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: