Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:50:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Project will be making a major announcement in September  (Read 53357 times)
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:59:18 PM

A great announcement would be that McDonalds will accept BTC worldwide. I cannot imagine anything more disruptive than allowing everyone on the planet to buy food with BTC earned by doing microtasks online.

McDonalds sells food?

LOL   

Exactly the thought that came to my mind.   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 04:42:49 PM

Can we at least have the date of the announcement?

The announcement will be made some time between September 4th and September 30th.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
timeshareafrica

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 04:50:54 PM

Well it is September now, I think it was the launching of the Bitcoin Mastercard.

David Perry Shocked: First off, sorry about letting the cat out of the bag. I didn't realize at the time how far from ready you were to release this news.

Charlie: No, it's OK, things turned out well. We really didn't want to release any information, the whole thing was my fault. I was super-excited because we'd just gotten the banks' approval and I wanted to tell people
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 06:07:27 AM

An anonymous individual or group is alleging that they have gained "all available 1040 tax forms" of GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney by accessing computers in the Franklin office of the professional services firm PricewaterhouseCoopers.

"All major news media outlets are going to be sent an encrypted copy of the most recent tax years that your company had on file since you did not have them all in a convenient electronic form. The years before 2010 will be of great interest to many. If the parties interested do not want the encrypted key released to the public to unlock these documents on September 28 of this year then payment will be necessary.

The deal is quite simple. Convert $1,000,000 USD to Bitcoins (Google if if you need a lesson on what Bitcoin is) using the various markets available out in the world for buying. Transfer the Bitcoins gathered to the Bitcoin address listed below. It does not matter if small amounts or one large amount is transferred, as long as the final value of the Bitcoins is equal to $1,000,000 USD at the time when it is finished. The keys to unlock the data will be purged and what ever is inside the documents will remain a secret forever.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/anonymous-group-allegedly-hacked-romney-tax-records-franklin-firm

While the claim of possessing Romney's tax records may well be bullshit, I'm guessing that any extortion threat towards a Presidential candidate is going to attract serious investigation - including an attempt to identify the owner of the Bitcoin address in question.

This could get interesting.

The September surprise! Gavin has some 'splaining to do.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 09:19:38 AM

A great announcement would be that McDonalds will accept BTC worldwide. I cannot imagine anything more disruptive than allowing everyone on the planet to buy food with BTC earned by doing microtasks online.

Unless McDonalds has paid $25 million for the privilege of using Bitcoin and Bitcoin has secured over $200 million dollars in venture capital, that would be a bit of a "day late and a dollar short" announcement compared to Starbucks accepting Square.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 564

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 09:30:52 AM

+1

It's frustrating to be so out of the loop in a community based open source project. Giving us the date would help alleviate the situation.
this.
this situation makes bitcoin seem like it's run by a group of people with inside info.  decentralized my ass.

this makes me feel left out.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
mobile4ever

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 05:54:55 PM

+1

It's frustrating to be so out of the loop in a community based open source project. Giving us the date would help alleviate the situation.
this.
this situation makes bitcoin seem like it's run by a group of people with inside info.  decentralized my ass.

This guy:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=101011.msg1159450#msg1159450

Said that the 30th will be the last day for the announcement.
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 06:03:06 PM

You're missing the point of Bitcoin if you feel left out. You can be as involved as you want to be, just go make something happen-- find something you think needs doing, recruit some people to help if you need help, and do it. Are you waiting for an invitation or permission from somebody?

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
dissipate

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 06:06:01 PM

You're missing the point of Bitcoin if you feel left out. You can be as involved as you want to be, just go make something happen-- find something you think needs doing, recruit some people to help if you need help, and do it. Are you waiting for an invitation or permission from somebody?

He wants the key used to send messages to the Satoshi client.  Grin
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 06:09:01 PM

If the CIA has a copy, we all should.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 11:43:38 PM

NB : I'd like a copy also ....

foo

Activity: 409

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 12:21:37 AM

This guy:

That was an obvious joke. Roll Eyes

I know this because Tyler knows this.
kentrolla

Activity: 1540
Merit: 564

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 01:17:22 AM

Yes, I'm basically waiting for an invitation. I do have a lot of ideas, but I don't have the money or the connections to put them to use. I just don't understand the point of withholding information from the community that affects all of us. I don't think there should ever be "inside information" in an open source project.

Idk, maybe my opinion will change after the announcement and it will be obvious why it had to be kept secret.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Gavin Andresen
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 02:42:05 AM

Idk, maybe my opinion will change after the announcement and it will be obvious why it had to be kept secret.

"Hey, I've got this fantastic idea!"

"Really!  Tell me all about it!"

"We're going to blah blah blah."

"Uhh... did you talk to a lawyer about that? That might be illegal."

"Uhh... really? no."

"And where will you get the money to do it?"

"Uhhh... haven't figured that out yet."

"And if I want to participate, what should I do?"

"Uhh... I dunno, we don't really have a process for that yet..."

I made the mistake of asking a reporter when her deadline was, because if it was far enough away I could tell her about the neat idea. I should have kept my mouth shut or sworn her to secrecy.

Announcing a half-baked idea is counterproductive; you'll just get a gazillion questions that you can't answer, or, even worse, people will assume they know the answers and then be disappointed when it turns out the idea they thought they heard you describe isn't the same idea they thought they heard.

Announcing a fully-baked idea and then modifying it based on what everybody thinks and how it works out in practice is the right way to do things, in my humble opinion.

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 02:53:11 AM

"Hey, I've got this fantastic idea!"

"Really!  Tell me all about it!"

"We're going to blah blah blah."

"Uhh... did you talk to a lawyer about that? That might be illegal."

"Uhh... really? no."

"And where will you get the money to do it?"

"Uhhh... haven't figured that out yet."

"And if I want to participate, what should I do?"

"Uhh... I dunno, we don't really have a process for that yet..."

I made the mistake of asking a reporter when her deadline was, because if it was far enough away I could tell her about the neat idea. I should have kept my mouth shut or sworn her to secrecy.

Announcing a half-baked idea is counterproductive; you'll just get a gazillion questions that you can't answer, or, even worse, people will assume they know the answers and then be disappointed when it turns out the idea they thought they heard you describe isn't the same idea they thought they heard.

Announcing a fully-baked idea and then modifying it based on what everybody thinks and how it works out in practice is the right way to do things, in my humble opinion.

Hmmm, this little dialogue could be consistent with maybe a P2P bitcoin exchange extension/mod for satoshi client .... gawd knows we could do with one.

Keep talking ...  Wink

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:02:08 AM

It's too late; that outcome was assured as soon as it became known that an idea was baking at all.

Hmmm, this little dialogue could be consistent with maybe a P2P bitcoin exchange extension/mod for satoshi client .... gawd knows we could do with one.

Keep talking ...  Wink
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 03:07:36 AM

This guy:

I think the announcement is a new Bitcoin t-shirt logo.
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 05:24:05 AM

Keep talking ...  Wink

Is this a brand new project perhaps?  Based on bitcoin?
tpantlik

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 07:21:48 AM

My tip is public organisation funded to protect and support Bitcoin, its developers and users. (NOT like FinCEN, something like EFF.org. But, wait... BitCEN Tongue)

Gods sent us a powerful tool - cryptography - to fight with those who are trying to exploit us. USE IT!!
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2012, 07:30:36 AM

My tip is public organisation funded to protect and support Bitcoin, its developers and users. (NOT like FinCEN, something like EFF.org. But, wait... BitCEN Tongue)

You mean they'll accept bitcoin for a while and then decide it's too risky because of vague conflict of interest issues and dump them?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: