Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:10:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sales threads in Betting section is annoying- rant  (Read 755 times)
bensam12345 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:12:56 PM

All these new sales threads in betting sections are really annoying and preying on people. There are ton of people offering free picks and only get what you give as a donation, but now the past couple of days the section is getting polluted with all sales threads, buy this that, these should be moved to services section or should be given negative feedbacks if they continue or a ban
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:15:46 PM

What kind of sales thread are you talking about ? I just see 2 at the moment. One for a satoshi mine, and other for a prediction software .
sportsbettingpicks

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:20:56 PM

All these new sales threads in betting sections are really annoying and preying on people. There are ton of people offering free picks and only get what you give as a donation, but now the past couple of days the section is getting polluted with all sales threads, buy this that, these should be moved to services section or should be given negative feedbacks if they continue or a ban

If this was against the rules id understand.. But this is not, so you opening this thread is against the rules cause It's considered spam.
bensam12345 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 05:43:45 PM

What kind of sales thread are you talking about ? I just see 2 at the moment. One for a satoshi mine, and other for a prediction software .

I think 3 of them are here, they better belong in service section, where many people offer such services, they were not seen before 2 days and there is a sudden influx of these things, before it was the ponzis glad it got moved to games and investors.

If this was against the rules id understand.. But this is not, so you opening this thread is against the rules cause It's considered spam.

I think your thread belongs better in games and investors or services area, why do you ask for upfront money to others, instead you can get a donation by offering your service like many of the seasoned and veteran pick providers in the betting section do  Cool
ShetKid

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:00:50 PM

I think 3 of them are here, they better belong in service section, where many people offer such services, they were not seen before 2 days and there is a sudden influx of these things, before it was the ponzis glad it got moved to games and investors.

Yes they do not belong to the gambling section. You can always report them to the mods who will have it moved or deleted.
bensam12345 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:08:30 PM

Yes they do not belong to the gambling section. You can always report them to the mods who will have it moved or deleted.

Reported all  Grin
thebitcoinquiz.com

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 06:56:11 PM

Your post is itself posted in the wrong section. Your post is related to moderation of the section and not to gambling(the current section). Move it to meta so that you can get some attention.

Also you cannot ban/give negative trust to people for creating sales threads, thats just like taking away the right of free speech from a man.

Stay hungry. Stay foolish.
bensam12345 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:06:45 PM

Your post is itself posted in the wrong section. Your post is related to moderation of the section and not to gambling(the current section). Move it to meta so that you can get some attention.

Also you cannot ban/give negative trust to people for creating sales threads, thats just like taking away the right of free speech from a man.

LoL  Grin , I just saw that bitcointalk mod/staff gave a negative feedback to one of the posters and they deserve it, I really think they cant ask money upfront from people in this betting section  Cool

thebitcoinquiz.com

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 07:20:35 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 11:30:53 AM by thebitcoinquiz.com

Agree that people who try to scam should be given negative trusts but if someone is making a legit sale of some tricks(yes, there are some betting tricks/tips/suggestions) (which shouldn't guarantee 1000% win) then they shouldn't be given negative trust.
And banning anyone for such a thing would be too extreme, the forum doesn't keep a check on the scammer, its the community that does and no scammer gets bans for scamming.

bensam12345 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 08:06:07 PM

LoL  Grin , I just saw that bitcointalk mod/staff gave a negative feedback to one of the posters and they deserve it, I really think they cant ask money upfront from people in this betting section  Cool

Agree that people who try to scam should be given negative trusts but if someone is making a legit sale of some tricks(yes, there are some betting tricks/tips/suggestions) (which shouldn't guarantee 1000% win) then they shouldn't be given negative trust.
And banning anyone for such a thing would be too extreme, the forum doesn't keep a check on the scammer, its the community that does and no scammer gets bans for scamming.

Yeah as you said there are too many scammers out there,  just my suggestion that the posts asking for money upfront to sell a service belongs better in services marketplace. Have some mercy on the mods guys how much cleaning up they have to do lol  Cheesy
diegocosta

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 11:01:19 PM

they are in the gambling section for a reason, they arent trust worthy therefore buying these software or services would be quite a gamble
thebitcoinquiz.com

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:30:03 AM

I agree that the threads that demand for money upfront should be moved to services(cause they are actually offering a service).
But giving negative rep to people(who aren't trying to scam) is not justified. If you want the threads to be moved from one section to the other then you might try reporting it to the moderator(there is an option for it in the lower right corner of the thread).

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 11:57:35 AM

I agree that the threads that demand for money upfront should be moved to services(cause they are actually offering a service).
But giving negative rep to people(who aren't trying to scam) is not justified. If you want the threads to be moved from one section to the other then you might try reporting it to the moderator(there is an option for it in the lower right corner of the thread).

Unless someone is trusted enough, everyone who demands an upfront payment could be an act which tries to scam, and the negative trust is appropriate as a warning for people to not fell for this type of scam

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
thebitcoinquiz.com

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:00:57 PM

Unless someone is trusted enough, everyone who demands an upfront payment could be an act which tries to scam, and the negative trust is appropriate as a warning for people to not fell for this type of scam
Well I believe that negative trust should only be given to those who are attempting a scam that is too obvious. But if you feel that the user is doing something fishy but you don't have any proof against it then you should always opt for the neutral trust mentioning the reason for which you gave him that trust.
There is always a difference between a person who is trying to sell a way that guarantees you a 10000% winning chance and a person who offers you tell you a twitched martingale for some price. The guy offering martingale wouldn't and shouldn't be treated as a scammer.

sherbyspark

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:03:23 PM

Seems you are wrong on understanding why that negative trust was given. The user zaradoz, like some others in the past seems to be claiming to have a sure shot way of profitting in a gamble, which no matter what is always -EV. And Since its actually impossible(might work for short time), it was a case of misleading and false advertising. That is why he was given a negative trust. He wasn't given a negative trust for posting in the wrong section.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 12:20:51 PM

Well I believe that negative trust should only be given to those who are attempting a scam that is too obvious. But if you feel that the user is doing something fishy but you don't have any proof against it then you should always opt for the neutral trust mentioning the reason for which you gave him that trust.
There is always a difference between a person who is trying to sell a way that guarantees you a 10000% winning chance and a person who offers you tell you a twitched martingale for some price. The guy offering martingale wouldn't and shouldn't be treated as a scammer.

There is a reason why some people that are on default trust list like to leave red trust and not neutral trust to a likely scammer, it is because neutral trust doesnt show up in your trust score unless you click to view the trust and red trust shows up at your trust score

This is actually good thing to do as some people dont use their own heads to think about this type of scam, by leaving some red trust , perhaps some people will stay away from that

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bensam12345 (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 12:43:33 PM

There is a reason why some people that are on default trust list like to leave red trust and not neutral trust to a likely scammer, it is because neutral trust doesnt show up in your trust score unless you click to view the trust and red trust shows up at your trust score

This is actually good thing to do as some people dont use their own heads to think about this type of scam, by leaving some red trust , perhaps some people will stay away from that

I second that  Smiley
thebitcoinquiz.com

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:39:33 PM

There is always a reason when people in default list leave red trusts. They usually have a solid reason to leave the red trust otherwise I have seen people in default list leaving neutral trusts because they are not so sure about a scam.
None of the person in default trust list stupid enough to loose their powers just because of some stupid trust that they left on someone else's profile. They need to be level headed(almost all of them are) and they need to closely introspect before giving out red trust but they cannot leave red trust like candies and yes, they don't do it.

XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:48:06 PM

Well some tipsters are legit here and they have been playing for quite some time and they still have profit. If you do that as a tipster and AFTER THAT you ask for money for more tips then its ok because people can see that you are indeed a good tipster, but asking directly for 50$ per tip is likely a scam
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 01:57:24 PM

There is always a reason when people in default list leave red trusts. They usually have a solid reason to leave the red trust otherwise I have seen people in default list leaving neutral trusts because they are not so sure about a scam.
None of the person in default trust list stupid enough to loose their powers just because of some stupid trust that they left on someone else's profile. They need to be level headed(almost all of them are) and they need to closely introspect before giving out red trust but they cannot leave red trust like candies and yes, they don't do it.

some yes, most no, they will just bear the red trust there as red trust is more convenient to prevent a scam, Continuing this discussion will lead to an off topic, so lets get back to the topic of Sales threads in Betting section is annoying- rant

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x