Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:05:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in the Headlines: Silk Road Strikes Comedic Gold  (Read 1571 times)
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 01:05:28 AM

There are going to be a shit ton of books about this. I know of at least 3 that are in the works that are being worked on. There are probably a lot more. It will cost a few hundred thousand at a minimum to get something that looks half decent,, but hey, Im all for it. I know the movie Fox is doing is going to be very high budget, but it certainly wont be a comedy. with the new revelations with the crooked agents, that could be its own movie, im sure they will make a movie just from those two...

whats ironic is that Carl force was going to write a book about the SR case, now he can write a book about himself (he said this on his linkedin page before it was taken down...
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 01:56:02 AM

Haha, ideas for movie names anyone?

1. Silk Road
2. FBVI - Federal Bureau of Virtual Investigation
3. "Bitcoin"
4. "Anonymous"

A lot of one word movie titles seem trendy:

FORCE (or maybe even F()RCE)
Silk
!justice

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 02:01:40 AM

Bad Lieutenants - Port of Silicon Valley

I think we all knew all along that the DEA and its agents have been helping themselves to copious amounts of money and drugs since day one. Nixon invented the DEA specifically to target and oppress blacks, its on tape! Even the origins of the administration is crooked. Fast foreward to Ollie North and the whole contra scheme. Those suckers are so bent they need two guys to help them screw their pants on in the morning (paraphrase; H.S. Thompson)

You can imagine how much loot went into the pockets of DEA agents over the years before BTC, now the blockchain makes it irrefutable and there for all to see!

sad thing is, these officers will merely get a slap on the wrist, and Ross will still languish in jail.

Truth, Justice, and The American Way... One out of 3 equals FAIL!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 04:37:29 AM

Carl Force sent 250k or so to BTC-e not too long before his arrest. BTC-e wont work with the us investigators, so a couple things will happen. 1. someone inside btc-e will know the account and take the coins for himself or 2. it will be there for Carls wife or whomever to pull out or 3. hope that BTC-e will still be here in 30 or so years so he can withdraw it if its still there and bitcoin is going strong.

The owners of BTC-e are Russian and they are not going to co-operate with the US authorities. And I don't think that #1 will happen, as Carl Force might not have used his real name and details for the creation of the account. #2 or #3 is quite possible.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2015, 06:44:41 AM

So who is the good guy in this story? Learning something out of this I would say whenever there is a fortune to be made, even the most noble person can turn into evil. That is why it's difficult these days to find someone who you can trust and rely on.

ShetKid

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 07:06:14 AM

He doesn't even know how to be corrupt, he should've mixed the coins and just hold them for a few years...

I am sure he did, thats one thing almost everyone with a brain would do. Maybe the 150K that was confiscated was the liquidity amount that he had on him, maybe that was the amount that was involved in the daily transaction. Its drug money and we actually have no idea how much was involved in the daily sales happening there.
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 03:45:08 AM

Ive said this elsewhere, i sure Carl took a shit load more coins or fiat than the government knows about. That may be his only bargaining chip to get a lesser sentence. to tell them where ALL the coins and money are. He sure as hell took/stole more than 775k.. that secret service agent stole 800k, no way in hell he took less than carl.. Carl was in the inside with multiple aliases. It wouldnt surprise me if he wasn't red and white, the guys that scammed DPR for almost a million dollars for fake hits (which carl had already done) and money to get their busniess started (which they never did, sounds like something that a dirty DEA agent would do). why would legit hells angels need funding when they claim to be big ass drug dealers? dpr totally got scammed, and I think Carl is the number one suspect...
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: