Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:31:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fastest Way To Cashout Alot of Bitcoins  (Read 2218 times)
jacktyme (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:06:59 PM

My friend has close to 25000 bitcoins in his wallet. He wants to know the fastest way to convert them into USD. What exchanges exist that support this, if any.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:07:57 PM

My friend has close to 25000 bitcoins in his wallet. He wants to know the fastest way to convert them into USD. What exchanges exist that support this, if any.

Can you provide at least one or two addresses for prove that you are not a liar? 25'000 bitcoin ... are you serious  Roll Eyes?
s1lverbox
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1039

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:09:31 PM

Your friend? Have 25k of coins?

Prove or stop trolling
jacktyme (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:25:49 PM

Why do I have to prove it? What's the point of that. Its a simple question. How would one go about cashing out alot of bitcoins? I don't see the need to prove it to people I don't know.

What would you all get out of seeing the amount of bitcoins someone has? What does that do for you.

Okay let me rephrase, hypothetically speaking if one were to acquire 25000 worth of bitcoins how would they go about converting it to USD?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:27:26 PM

if you really have that amount, you can try with circle, but it may be too big for them

on bitstamp you can dump big amount like nothing, because they have high volume, but they aren't fast at all you need verificatiom

otherwise try localbitcoin
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:28:12 PM

Hello jacktyme, tell your friend that he can buy four pizzas and a half. In the following link you have the necessary information to do so.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.0

Now seriously, i think localbitcoin may be the best choice.
jacktyme (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:32:12 PM

if you really have that amount, you can try with circle, but it may be too big for them

on bitstamp you can dump big amount like nothing, because they have high volume, but they aren't fast at all you need verificatiom

Its not me that has this amount, I wish I did. I'm not even sure if he really does have that amount, but he would like to know how would one go about turning 25k+ into USD. Would Cryptsy support that amount. Or can he convert small amounts at a time. Bitstamp would need identity verification? And does Bitstamp send the USD to a bank account via wire transfer?
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:36:25 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2015, 04:47:14 PM by pedrog

Its not me that has this amount, I wish I did. I'm not even sure if he really does have that amount, but he would like to know how would one go about turning 25k+ into USD. Would Cryptsy support that amount. Or can he convert small amounts at a time. Bitstamp would need identity verification? And does Bitstamp send the USD to a bank account via wire transfer?

Yes, it does, but that amount of coins he should use three or four exchanges.

It's a significant amount of money it will require additional verifications, usually there are limits, he should contact the exchanges and his bank to learn the best way to proceed.

jacktyme (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:38:45 PM

Ok thanks for your replies, I'll check out more exchanges, and localbitcoin.
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:41:51 PM

I have not used Bitstamp but with yacuna.com no problems, you need identity verification . You can also do it in ATMs , but the daily and monthly amount is very small, about 600 USD a day (in my country). In xapo.com also need identity verification. In Payza.com also need to verify your identity and you can only withdraw 20,000 USD per transaction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:48:02 PM

you can try to move below 1k at time, under different exchange everytime, there are some exchange that don't require verification(kraken, coinimal ecc... maybe bitfinex i don't remember right now) but they have a 10k monthly limit

but it will take ages in this way
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 04:57:17 PM

Localbitcoins might work, even you might have cash transactions available there...
If you don't mind, can you please share any of his address(es) out here???
We would love to see someone actually hodling such high amount of BTC in a single/different addresses...

jacktyme (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:26:37 PM

Localbitcoins might work, even you might have cash transactions available there...
We would love to see someone actually hodling such high amount of BTC in a single/different addresses...

My friend asked me to find out how to move that amount the fastest way possible. If it was me I would gladly share the address, but its not me. And I don't even think it is him that has it, maybe one of his investor friends. He is a very busy and popular real estate agent here in Montreal, Canada, so maybe it is possible that he does own that much bitcoin. I wish I had that much coin though lol. I do have almost a million Dogecoins, but hey Doge ain't worth much, I hope it jumps in value.

I'll try and see if I can share the address, btw if I share the address won't it be susceptible to hacking?
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:35:31 PM

No, if we know the address it wont be susceptible to hacking. You could deposit 1,000$ usd weekly with circle.com (at least i can)
You could try trucoin, bitstamp and even Bit-X, and neteller with their new deposit bitcoin option.
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:46:41 PM

My personal opinion, you should sold all those 25,000 bitcoins through cash face-to-face. Have you read the BurtW story?
mrvanengelen

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:59:42 PM

Abyrnes81 is right: Try face-to-face on a public location with internet. Someone who would buy 25K bitcoins also has it's own cold-wallet to bring.
jacktyme (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 06:38:01 PM

My personal opinion, you should sold all those 25,000 bitcoins through cash face-to-face. Have you read the BurtW story?

I briefly read about the BurtW story. But why did he get arrested? Is it illegal to cash out huge amounts of crypto?
abyrnes81

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 06:42:01 PM

I briefly read about the BurtW story. But why did he get arrested? Is it illegal to cash out huge amounts of crypto?

This is the accusation against him :

14-cr-00398 USA v Burton Wagner
18 USC 1960
Count 1: Operation of Unlicensed Money Transmitting Business

and yes, it seems that in certain nation it is not legal to sell cryptocoin without owning a license (but not in all the World).
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 08:59:20 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2015, 09:10:52 PM by pedrog

What?!

It's more than 6 million dollars...

Pretty sure this will bring all kinds of problems with the law.

medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 10:06:25 PM

There is no fast way to cash out 25000 btc without getting into all sorts of tax and legal problems. I thought of an eas y way to get potential buyers to contact you. Move all the 25000 btc into one address. Sign the transaction with a message "Forsale" and your friend's email address (a secure one). Post the transaction here and people will contact your friend.
marioantonini
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1082

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 11:01:36 PM

Can open more neteller account, request a personal mastercard neteller and transfer all money in his neteller personal account, but 25.000 btc request more time
Cult

Activity: 479
Merit: 100

Enter the future of gaming

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2015, 11:06:21 PM

The amount of money that will go to taxes makes it better just not to sell all those coins, plus there are a lot of services one can use to spend bitcoin easily, no need to sell all of them.

RedCatMetaverse   
    ●  Play Learn and Earn blockchain game  ●   
Instagram  ◣ Discord  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:19:30 AM

for someone to own that amount of btc, he/she should or would already know about exchanges, buying. selling, trading.... the owner would've done some home work & why a "friend" newbie in the forum is asking all the questions ?

if it's legal then why worry ?

why wouldn't he know ? the 25k btc fell from the sky ?

prove, show us proof .
Enjorlas

Activity: 788

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 12:23:50 AM

for someone to own that amount of btc, he/she should or would already know about exchanges, buying. selling, trading.... the owner would've done some home work & why a "friend" newbie in the forum is asking all the questions ?

if it's legal then why worry ?

why wouldn't he know ? the 25k btc fell from the sky ?

prove, show us proof .

He could have acquired that many back in the day when they were nothing and then forgot about them. Why are you so hostile? What is it to you?

A suggestion I have is to buy Gold with Bitcoins. Then sell the Gold face to face whenever you like. A number of websites sell gold for Bitcoin.
jacktyme (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:51:06 PM

LMAO at people asking to prove it. WHAT THE F*** DO I GET OUT OF PROVING IT. And... WHAT THE F*** DO YOU GET OUT OF ME PROVING IT?? Simple satisfaction of YOUR curiosity?? Just so you can see how much coin someone else has??

And yes when bitcoins just started one could have easily acquired 25k+ coins in a matter of a week.

abyrnes81

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 09:52:59 PM

LMAO at people asking to prove it. WHAT THE F*** DO I GET OUT OF PROVING IT. And... WHAT THE F*** DO YOU GET OUT OF ME PROVING IT?? Simple satisfaction of YOUR curiosity?? Just so you can see how much coin someone else has??

And yes when bitcoins just started one could have easily acquired 25k+ coins in a matter of a week.

If you will prove that your friend or you own 25,000 bitcoins we can help and teach you how to convert them in the easiest way, but you should give us some proof.
jacktyme (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2015, 10:37:01 PM

Its okay, I already figured out what to do. I'm going to use cointrader.net. They are Canadian based and I am in Canada. I already spoke to one of the agents there and they are advising us accordingly.

They allow 2.5 million dollars limit withdrawal a week and 7 million max a month limit.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 04:17:08 PM

My friend asked me to find out how to move that amount the fastest way possible. If it was me I would gladly share the address, but its not me. And I don't even think it is him that has it, maybe one of his investor friends. He is a very busy and popular real estate agent here in Montreal, Canada, so maybe it is possible that he does own that much bitcoin. I wish I had that much coin though lol. I do have almost a million Dogecoins, but hey Doge ain't worth much, I hope it jumps in value.

I'll try and see if I can share the address, btw if I share the address won't it be susceptible to hacking?

Hm... if you speak the truth then he must have sold quite the costly real estate.

If he sends you out to ask then i guess he doesnt have the time to do so himself. In that case... he should use one of the biggest exchanges. Check out bitcoincharts.com for a list with exchanges and their volume.

If he sells there then he should sell in small portions. Really... if he sells all by one then he will lose a lot of money because he will crash the price on the way down clearing the orderbook.

Maybe he should contact support directly and ask them about this. He dont want to have millions of usd sitting in an exchange but being unable to cash out because of some bank account restrictions the exchanges bank account has.

Edit: cointrader.net? With a daily total volume of 1K BTC? Your story doesnt sound believeable anymore.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Enzyme

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:25:56 PM

OK, this may be a troll relating to: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2011/06/bitcoin-the-decentralized-virtual-currencyrisky-currency-500000-bitcoin-heist-raises-questions/

If this is serious, your friend would probably already have contacts in the industry after owning more than $6m.
Enjorlas

Activity: 788

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:42:21 PM

This thread is pissing me off. Why does anyone care if he is telling the truth?

Give him advice so we can all learn. Or don't. Anything else is noise.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 05:00:20 PM

There is no fast way to cash out 25000 btc without getting into all sorts of tax and legal problems. I thought of an eas y way to get potential buyers to contact you. Move all the 25000 btc into one address. Sign the transaction with a message "Forsale" and your friend's email address (a secure one). Post the transaction here and people will contact your friend.

+1

Also, if you would try to cash them out in a short period of time, a day or two, you would decrease the price and effectively lose money. What you need to do is to spread sales over a few months.
However, I would never do it, not at this price. You friend can easily lose 200% of fiat value if he s too hasty.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
jacktyme (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:39:21 PM

It is actually laughable at how people just want to see how much coin another person has just to satisfy their curiosity. And there is no way I am posting an address because on the internet anything is hackable.

I have used cointrader.net a few times and I will be sticking to them. It clearly says on their site that the limit of withdrawal to a bank account is 2.5 million a week and 7 million a month. I already spoke to agents a few times and since they are in Canada I will be using them.

And to people that think 6 million in bitcoin is alot, well there are alot of individuals that have big amounts of coins sitting in wallets. I'm not going to disclose where we got to this amount for ourselves, but i'll just say, in 2009 when bitcoin was first released it was extremely easy and fast to accumulate 100k bitcoins.
I won't be responding anymore to this thread, and to all the people who want to get off on seeing how much bitcoins someone else has....get a life!
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 12:59:03 PM

It is actually laughable at how people just want to see how much coin another person has just to satisfy their curiosity. And there is no way I am posting an address because on the internet anything is hackable.

I have used cointrader.net a few times and I will be sticking to them. It clearly says on their site that the limit of withdrawal to a bank account is 2.5 million a week and 7 million a month. I already spoke to agents a few times and since they are in Canada I will be using them.

And to people that think 6 million in bitcoin is alot, well there are alot of individuals that have big amounts of coins sitting in wallets. I'm not going to disclose where we got to this amount for ourselves, but i'll just say, in 2009 when bitcoin was first released it was extremely easy and fast to accumulate 100k bitcoins.
I won't be responding anymore to this thread, and to all the people who want to get off on seeing how much bitcoins someone else has....get a life!

Right... thats your explaination?  Roll Eyes

First it was real estate, which might sound as it could be the case. Some rich early adopter or some drug king who buys himself a home.

But now its an early adopter. And this early adopter wasted 6 years and dont even have a clue how to sell coins. Sounds plausible...

And this early adopter had this amount of money sitting around and he waited all this time until the price went from 1k to nearly 0.2k? Sounds plausible again...

And what if there is this withdrawal limit? It doesnt care. If you sell this amount that fast then you will get practically nothing. Especially the exchange you chose does not have the capability to make this happen fast. If they would then they would crash their orderbook to a point where you would get nothing.

At the end i believe you simply created this thread to promote your cointrader.net account. Your story wasnt created good enough.

TedMan123

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:12:49 PM

hey

Im not hating if you/he wants to sell some bitcoins, contact me ill take some off your hands.

Cheers
Tedman123
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:23:30 AM

So, what s the verdict in the end? If I ever make 6 mill in BTC, I would really like to know the way to cash those out. What has your friend opted for?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 10:34:09 AM

So, what s the verdict in the end? If I ever make 6 mill in BTC, I would really like to know the way to cash those out. What has your friend opted for?

You would get an advertisement for cointrader.net. Which doesnt make much sense for the topic question except that this exchange is advertising with a high weekly withdraw limit.

If you really would want to sell then use the biggest exchange you find that can give money in your currency to you. Then slowly sell in packages. Maybe make iceberg orders if available.

Thats the only way to not crash the price on the way. Which would mean you lose too much money because your coins would sell too low.

I guess its time you work hard now... Tongue

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: