Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:42:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Advcash | a new "anonymous" bitcoin debit card [EUR & USD]  (Read 177715 times)
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1851

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 09:59:22 PM

What's exactly happening here, guys ?

Please explain as I do not understand a word?!!

Yes, I agree with SLRman!  Has anyone recently used this service?

Does it work form the USA?

Reliability and clarity are important for those who wish a debit card (like I am).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anubizz

Activity: 340
Merit: 124

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 01:42:17 AM

Advcash has technical issues. The timeframe they set to solve the problem is over since some days so a lot of people here are getting nervous. 😕
Not nessesary i think!

Ordering a card to USA is not possible as far as i know.

HOSTTECH- vServers, Webhosting and colocation in the heart of Switzerland: https://www.hosttech.at/
SLRman

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 12:21:26 PM

I think system is back normally

http://prntscr.com/azavr7

Are you sure?
stepeti

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 02:53:54 PM

NO!!!!

DON'T WORK !!!!

DONT LOAD YOUR WALLLET!! DON'T MAKE THEIR PLAY!!

THEY ARE FIRST EBANK THAT LOST THEIR WIRE TRANSFER!!! RIDICOLOUS
malschauen

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:13:35 PM

have sent 350€ to my account with btc.
funding the debit card was impossible.
then i realized their problems mentioned in the news section.
withdraw to a btc wallet off from advcash was no problem, but they charged me around 30€ with hidden fees for this...

sent ~0.875 in btc to them for funding the debit card and got ~0.800 out to my regular wallet.

as you see, 0% fee on btc^^

Same with me, I deposited 2000€, which were about 5,25 BTC. Then I saw that they have problems. Tried to cash out my BTC immediately, but ADVCASH would send me only 4,69 BTC back. Firstly I thought that the BTC value might have changed, but when trying to deposit 2000€ again, it asked me for 5.25 BTC.
So they really asked for nearly 200€ fee for nothing, even when they advertise that they dont charge any fee when using BTC.

This really fucked me up, so I tranfered the 2K to a non ADVCASH Credit Card, paying 25€ fees.

But to say something good about Advcash: the above happened last week Friday, on this wednesday my 2k€ arrived at my cc...

Maybe you both should get information how advcash exchange is working.

i give you an example.

bitcoin average market rate ist 100 USD.

then advcash sets own rates for buying ans selling.
for example buying rate 90 USD and selling rate 110 USD

so of course you don´t get back the same amount btc even they have no fees beacause they have their own rates.
the fees are in the rates.
thats the business.

they could say: hey, the average rate is 100 USD, we take 10% fees by cash in or cash out
but they say: hey, we have our own rates, we buy with this rate and sell with this rate and you have no fees.

under the line both is the same.

iam really angry about advcash what they do actually. i have big problems because of their issues. it isnt a way to deal a money service.

but dont say they are fee-scammer. that is not true.  it is your fould if you dont know how the system work.
you only need to read this whole topic and you would know all this.
if you are too lazy to read, so dont say adv have hidden fees.

I have to read all forum post related with advcash to know how their system is working, are you kidding me?
Please give me a link from the ADVCASH SITE where this is clearly stated!
If I go to their site, I cant find anything about this. Furthermore on the startpage is ONE rate for BTC, there is no buying and selling rate clearly stated...
SLRman

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:14:57 PM

guys, it really seems fishy..

refrain of depositing more money for now..  
bokiminer

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:32:08 PM

This situation lasts for too long  Sad
Wolowitz

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:19:11 PM

So i just created this account so i could respond to this post. I don't think people is treating AdvCash fairly in any way, they deserve some nice words also.

First of all, don't call them a scam. They write from day one they had troubles and it's clearly they are trying to sort them out. If they were a scam, they wouldn't have let anyone know officially, but just kept the site open, accept money and put them straight into their pockets. They even sorted a temporary solution, so we could at least a few bucks out on our cards, $100 isn't much but it's for sure better than $0.

Next to that, they never disabled any withdrawal method beside bank/cc. I had 5+ BTC deposited, which i withdrew last Friday just as a precaution. If they were scammers, they would never have allowed me to withdraw that amount of money.

Finally, today i loaded my card with $50 i had in leftovers - that didn't work last week. I'll deposit some BTCs later to see if i can deposit more than the mentioned $100 limit, to see if their issues got solved.

And last but not least, some banks can be extremely slow to deal with, I know this for a fact. That may be a bad choice of bank, but you won't know that until you tried the bank. Whatever the core issue is, I'm sure they will take measurements so it won't happen again.

So people, chill and AdvCash do their work, I'm 100% confident that the issues will be sorted.
SLRman

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:24:28 PM

So people, chill and AdvCash do their work, I'm 100% confident that the issues will be sorted.

- Like when? Next month?Smiley))))
Wolowitz

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:39:18 PM

Maybe? Hopefully not. For what it seems, they are doing everything in their power to sort the issues, so the delay is most likely caused by a 3rd party and not within AdvCash's control.
SLRman

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 04:43:30 PM

Maybe? Hopefully not. For what it seems, they are doing everything in their power to sort the issues, so the delay is most likely caused by a 3rd party and not within AdvCash's control.

Even if it was true, do you think this could be an excuse for people buying/selling bitcoins with tens of thousands?
Wolowitz

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 05:09:18 PM

Even if it was true, do you think this could be an excuse for people buying/selling bitcoins with tens of thousands?

I think it's an excuse for everyone, both small and big Bitcoin users. Bitcoin is still rather new and from my own perspective, finding banking partners that are stable and willing to work with Bitcoin related companies is maybe less than 1% of the existing banks. So we should generally be thankfully for them trying to break into a new market, knowing there can be some hiccups along the way such as this. When i initially signed up for my card, I already knew a situation like this could happen due to what I just mentioned - i think it's worth keeping in mind.

I'm not trying to say the situation is optimal or good for anyone, I'm just saying they don't appear to be scammers and they are indeed trying to sort the issues. Feel free to call it bad service from their part, I might even say the same due to their lack of details regarding what the actual issue is with their banking partners. Just don't call them a scam until they've actually scammed people. It's not like AdvCash have any interest in having these troubles, on the contrary, they are loosing money and customers over it, which i assume is the last thing any company want to happen.
operator55

Activity: 75
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:28:24 PM

I think it's an excuse for everyone, both small and big Bitcoin users. Bitcoin is still rather new and from my own perspective, finding banking partners that are stable and willing to work with Bitcoin related companies is maybe less than 1% of the existing banks. So we should generally be thankfully for them trying to break into a new market.

Somehow there are like 3 other services using EXACTLY same payment processor/bank and they're not having any kind of issues.
Bitcoin is not new, we could call it new 3 years ago. There are many services which does exactly what advcash does and they're fine.

And ofc it's unprofessional service, how could anyone managing a business get into situation like this? To have the most important part of their business suspended for 20 days?

10 days ago i would be far from saying that they're "scammers", but look at this situation:

Service is dead for almost a month, they still have deposits enabled. Means they make money for service which is not working.
How is it called, if not a scam?

They should have shut down registration, deposits and so on.

Now AdvCash is not working for 20 days straight since 13.04.2016

Wolowitz

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:42:08 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 07:44:59 PM by Wolowitz

Somehow there are like 3 other services using EXACTLY same payment processor/bank and they're not having any kind of issues.
Bitcoin is not new, we could call it new 3 years ago. There are many services which does exactly what advcash does and they're fine.

They have never said the issue was with Wavecrest, so how's that even relevant? There are more than one bank partner involved in this process.

And ofc it's unprofessional service, how could anyone managing a business get into situation like this? To have the most important part of their business suspended for 20 days?

Uhm, just for example I have more than $60k stuck in FBME Bank Cyprus for more than 2 years now and i can't do jack shit about it. Troubles happen in the real world, banks closing, loosing correspondent banks, regulations changes etc. We don't know at all what the actual issue is so we can only guess. It's true it's bad service they didn't provide full explanation, but that doesn't make them scammers in any regard.

10 days ago i would be far from saying that they're "scammers", but look at this situation:

Service is dead for almost a month, they still have deposits enabled. Means they make money for service which is not working.
How is it called, if not a scam?

They should have shut down registration, deposits and so on.

Now AdvCash is not working for 20 days straight since 13.04.2016

How do u figure that is a scam? Did they steal your money? Have you lost anything, except the ability to utilize your card? I can still use AdvCash as exchange between e-currencies, why would they shut the only thing down that is still working? That wouldn't make any sense. If they shut down withdrawal and still accepted deposits, it's an entire different story - but open your eyes and see how it's really going on.

All those scam shit claims is nothing but pure trolling and spreading FUD.
operator55

Activity: 75
Merit: 24

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 07:53:58 PM

How do u figure that is a scam? Did they steal your money? Have you lost anything, except the ability to utilize your card? I can still use AdvCash as exchange between e-currencies, why would they shut the only thing down that is still working?

Yes. Assume following situation. You deposit 1000$ to advcash right now. You're charged 2% (because they have lower ratio USD/BTC) - this is 20$.
You get to know that you cannot fully use their service.

You decide to withdraw. Now you lost 20$.

This is how it works, and this is a scam because you paid for service which wasn't provided.

Uhm, just for example I have more than $60k stuck in FBME Bank Cyprus for more than 2 years now and i can't do jack shit about it

You aren't a business entity providing service to customers from which you make money. Totally irrelevant comparison.
Wolowitz

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:13:15 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 08:27:38 PM by Wolowitz

Yes. Assume following situation. You deposit 1000$ to advcash right now. You're charged 2% (because they have lower ratio USD/BTC) - this is 20$.
You get to know that you cannot fully use their service.

You decide to withdraw. Now you lost 20$.

This is how it works, and this is a scam because you paid for service which wasn't provided.

How can that ever be a scam? The deposit service to your wallet and their withdrawal service from your wallet are provided, which they charge a fee for. Even if their card service was working, the fees would be the same. They have many withdrawal options, they having some difficulties with their main one but that's about it. Their platform and service is still working and i see no reason as to why utilizing that should be free. I'll give you it would be a good service they could offer if they wanted, but nothing you can demand and most certainly not a reason for calling them scammers.

You aren't a business entity providing service to customers from which you make money. Totally irrelevant comparison.

But I am a business entity and having those money locked up also caused issues for my customers and my company. It took over 2 weeks before we had alternative accounts in other banks ready, before we could resume our normal services. Our mistake was to rely on a single bank rather than spreading it over a few different, but those are expensive lessons you learn through time. We applied with multiple banks when the FBME went down, the slowest bank took more than 80 days to have our accounts ready for use. Banks are some of the slowest beasts out there and can be source of great frustrations.
miner_btc

Activity: 60

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 08:27:44 PM

Angry
May 2, 19:35

Hello,

Funding of Advanced Cash card is temporarily available at the amount 100 USD / EUR
per day. We managed to fill up a bit our reserves but they are limited. Transferring
funds to third-party credit cards available 5,000 EUR per day. Deposit in USD is
expected to be recovered. We have faced some difficulties but we will cope with them
in the coming days. All changes in the card platform we are announcing in the news
section. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

We thank you for your understanding and sincerely apologise for the inconvenience
caused.

Sincerely, 
Inna Advanced 
Advanced Cash Ltd 
Customer Support Service Engineer
someoldcoins

Activity: 252
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 02:06:33 PM

Withdrawals to External Cards Restored

We re-enabled withdrawals to Visa and MasterCard bank cards in USD and EUR from your Advanced Cash wallets. This withdrawal option is available for credit and debit Visa and MasterCard cards issued by banks in most countries of the world. After the transaction is completed in our system, it takes 3 business days for the amount to show up on your card.
AdvancedCash

Activity: 429
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2016, 03:54:48 PM

Withdrawals both to our virtual and plastic cards and to external bank cards are now up and running as usual, with no temporary limits. ADV card funding is now free for 2 weeks as compensation. There's a news update inside the account.

Thanks to everyone who tried to understand what's going on, be reasonable and not complain about 'scams' (I still don't get where the scam is and how we benefited from this situation, it's actually quite the opposite) or other overly negative stuff. As much as we would like this world to be perfect, things happen and there probably isn't a single business that has never had any issues with third party services. We learned from this and we will make sure this does not happen again. Sorry again for this downtime, and thanks for using Advanced Cash. Cheers  Cool
omarabid

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2016, 05:24:22 PM

Withdrawals both to our virtual and plastic cards and to external bank cards are now up and running as usual, with no temporary limits. ADV card funding is now free for 2 weeks as compensation. There's a news update inside the account.

Thanks to everyone who tried to understand what's going on, be reasonable and not complain about 'scams' (I still don't get where the scam is and how we benefited from this situation, it's actually quite the opposite) or other overly negative stuff. As much as we would like this world to be perfect, things happen and there probably isn't a single business that has never had any issues with third party services. We learned from this and we will make sure this does not happen again. Sorry again for this downtime, and thanks for using Advanced Cash. Cheers  Cool

halleuliah  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: