Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:39:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC for ASICS  (Read 2581 times)
[Tycho]

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 07:51:27 AM

There are a couple other red flags here. They don't have any public information, they don't have a TOS, their Facebook page doesn't exist or their Facebook link doesn't work, and the fact that their RSS only has one post. I suggest you do your due diligence before using icbit.se
So now only honest companies can create a page at Facebook ? Cool "red flag" :)
I don't see why we should ever register at some third-party completely unrelated social network.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 04:51:28 PM

There are a couple other red flags here. They don't have any public information, they don't have a TOS, their Facebook page doesn't exist or their Facebook link doesn't work, and the fact that their RSS only has one post. I suggest you do your due diligence before using icbit.se
So now only honest companies can create a page at Facebook ? Cool "red flag" Smiley
I don't see why we should ever register at some third-party completely unrelated social network.

Haha my boss tried to get into FB marketing, but it was a giant fail. If you judged my work place by our FB page, we'd be out of business  Roll Eyes

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 12:36:00 AM

So now only honest companies can create a page at Facebook ? Cool "red flag" Smiley
The problem is that they have a Facebook link. Linking to a non-existent social networking page is a red flag.
Fireball

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 10:20:30 AM

The problem is that they have a Facebook link. Linking to a non-existent social networking page is a red flag.
Thanks, the Facebook link is fixed, though as [Tycho] said, it's not that this Facebook page gives any additional credibility. It's supposed to be useful for community and that's it.
As for RSS, I'm not sure what RSS you are referring to, but our Twitter is used on a regular basis to provide various news (you can have a look yourself: http://twitter.com/icbit_se).

Additionally, you can trace origins of ICBIT by searching forum posts here, which show the development process which began more than 1 year ago.

Any other Red Flags? :-)

Margin trading platform OrderBook.net (ICBIT): https://orderbook.net
Follow us in Twitter: https://twitter.com/orderbooknet
CubedRoot

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 03:34:54 PM

Wow...those who paid BTC for ASICs likely have paid in value now 200% what they could have if they just paid in fiat.

If price goes up...it could be 300%-500% at least

Sucks to be them I guess. Cheesy

Lesson: Pay in USD.  Cheesy

LOL.. Troll on brother!

But seriously, when I bought my mini-rig ASIC from BFL, I only paid 147 BTC.  At today's values ($9.20-ish) that equals $1352.40 which is almost spot on with their current asking price plus shipping costs.

So, if you believe in Bitcoin, pay in Bitcoin.  I do.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 01:47:00 AM

Thanks, the Facebook link is fixed, though as [Tycho] said, it's not that this Facebook page gives any additional credibility. It's supposed to be useful for community and that's it.
As for RSS, I'm not sure what RSS you are referring to, but our Twitter is used on a regular basis to provide various news (you can have a look yourself: http://twitter.com/icbit_se).

Additionally, you can trace origins of ICBIT by searching forum posts here, which show the development process which began more than 1 year ago.

Any other Red Flags? :-)
This RSS that hasn't been updated in ages..

Anyways, I didn't realize that Tycho was working with icbit.se; that lends a lot of credibility to it. This information would probably need to be advertised. Too many of these websites with broken links and stock design turn out to be scams, which is why I doubted icbit.se. See, for example, MtGix, which has poor English, broken links, and a stock design.

Apologies for attacking your website; I should have done more research into the issue before judging the book by its cover.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: