Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:35:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Feedback on a new good sold for BTC  (Read 1859 times)
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:41:07 AM

Hey guys, I'm not quite sure if this is the right place for this thread, but depending on the feedback I get, this could be the right place. I would like to thank you for reading this thread, and giving feedback, please ask questions, post comments or concerns, and I'll answer, and hopefully we can get a market scoped out if there is one.

So I'v finally got my father fairly interested in Bitcoins, and I was tossing out ideas on how he could acquire Bitcoins (mostly because I was telling him about the Silver/Gold trade in Bitcoins, and he was very interested in that), and the idea of selling Jerky and possibly Smoked fish came up. First off, I should mention, my dad has been a semi professional butcher, hunter, and fisherman for 40 years. He is good enough to be a professional butcher, but he is actually active duty military, so it has been mostly a hobby at this point. He has been making his own Jerky, Sausages, Bologna, Hotdogs, and what have you since he was a kid, so he knows what he is doing. As for fishing, he and most of my family have held or still hold commercial fishing licenses, so when it comes to fishing, he also knows what he is doing.

My question is, would people be interested in buying Jerky and possibly smoked fish for BTC or LTC? Jerky has been done, I remember buying jerky a while back for BTC, but the problem was, it was terrible, and I guess the guy went out of business, as I haven't seen the jerky around for sale for the last couple of years. And the fish may be a long shot, but smoked fish holds up pretty well, can be canned, or jarred, and fairly easily shipped I believe.

My main concerns are how does the public feel about these topics:

1) If he was to sell Jerky, he could very easily make Beef Jerky, but I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in Venison Jerky as well. The taste in my opinion, is great, just as good if not better than Beef Jerky, but some people have their own opinions on hunting which is fine. In Maryland, you are allowed as many deer as you want, so that may be an option if people are interested in trying it, but again, beef is easy too.

2) For the smoked fish, would people be interested in trying other fishes besides the common smoked Salmon? We can make smoked Salmon, as we have very close connections to Salmon farms, but we also have very good quality, and a wide variety of fish available nearby for the catching that taste great smoked. (Bluefish is one of those)

3) Sanitation is a huge concern here, mishandling meat and fish is a big no no, but sanitation wise, like I said, my father is a true professional, he has made a living off of commercial fishing at one point, and lived solely on what he and his family could catch as a child, so the sanitary measures that he has learned over the years to prevent himself from getting sick are top notch, I would say his operation is more sanitary than most meat/fish selling major companies.

Again, thanks for reading, and I appreciate any feedback that you leave, if you can think of any other important topics, please feel free to ask. Thanks again for all of your help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ccliu

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:43:40 AM

I would love jerky. I saw bitpantry's jerky and it looked black as soot.

As long as it tastes great, I don't mind supporting your father. I also love smoked salmon, I have been eating that stuff since I was a kid.

Both your products sound interesting to me, but will you ship to canada?
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:48:23 AM

bitjerky tasted like ASS so dont make yours taste like ass please

hi
Simran

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 02:50:47 AM

Yo, man! This is a great idea! I might buy! Smiley

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:51:50 AM

I would love jerky. I saw bitpantry's jerky and it looked black as soot.

As long as it tastes great, I don't mind supporting your father. I also love smoked salmon, I have been eating that stuff since I was a kid.

Both your products sound interesting to me, but will you ship to canada?

Yup, we will definitely ship to Canada, the Salmon from the Salmon Farms would be coming right from the Maine New Brunswick border. (just got back from there today) Long car rides do well to spark discussion.
rahlquist

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:51:59 AM

I'd buy in. If it were reasonable. Especially venison. But please dear god tell me his stuff doesnt taste like it lived/died/wasressurected/died again in corn syrup.

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:52:53 AM

I'll have you taste test it, and you can tell me whether it tastes like ass or not. I ate the Bitjerky (with Mush) and even his cats wouldn't eat it.

I'd buy in. If it were reasonable. Especially venison. But please dear god tell me his stuff doesnt taste like it lived/died/wasressurected/died again in corn syrup.

We have hunted and ate venison from every New England State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Alaska, (probably a few others I'm missing as well) but by far, for some reason or another Maryland has the best tasting venison. In Wisconsin, all the deer ate was fresh corn, so you would think they would be the best tasting, they were good, but very fatty, here there are very tender and delicious, with very little fat.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:58:26 AM

Ok, and Mush wants us to name it, Father Son Meat Jerking. Is that a good name?  Grin
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:02:02 AM

I'll have you taste test it, and you can tell me whether it tastes like ass or not. I ate the Bitjerky (with Mush) and even his cats wouldn't eat it.

We have hunted and ate venison from every New England State, Wisconsin, Michigan, Oklahoma, and Alaska, (probably a few others I'm missing as well) but by far, for some reason or another Maryland has the best tasting venison. In Wisconsin, all the deer ate was fresh corn, so you would think they would be the best tasting, they were good, but very fatty, here there are very tender and delicious, with very little fat.
all the crabs in the MD venison

hi
ccliu

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:33:47 AM

Ok, and Mush wants us to name it, Father Son Meat Jerking. Is that a good name?  Grin

DO IT. I'll buy a case
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:54:03 AM

I'd try some Jerky, for sure. Beef preferably, but w/e
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 08:14:46 AM

do you have ass flavored jerky?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:36:16 PM

do you have ass flavored jerky?

Well, I'v eaten a lot of the jerky, and I have yet to find ass flavored. It would take a lot of effort I think to make it  taste like that, which is why I respected BitJerky when it existed.

Thanks again for all of the feedback guys, keep it coming if you think of anything.
Philj

Activity: 388

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 04:16:57 PM

I'd be interested in buying some jerky with BTC. And I'd be interested in trying some other types of jerky besides beef if its stuff that is killed/prepped by your dad.
Projects

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 04:46:20 PM

Do you ship internationally?

Buying Bitcoins for cash or gold/silver bullion many methods to pay you - pm me for more information
Bank transfer, Cash, Postal Order, Western Union, MoneyGram, SEPA, Amazon & More  - Worldwide Transfers Available
*NEW* BTC for Citibank P2P transfers - USD/EUR please pm me for more information
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 05:57:14 PM

Where is your father obtaining the meat from for his jerky?

The Beef would be purchased through a grocery store, or a local butcher, Venison would be from what he hunts (again, just throwing out that option to see if anyone is interested.) From what I'v seen personally, some people are all on board with responsible hunting, others are morally opposed, so that option is not mandatory

Do you ship internationally?

Yes, I'm sure we could ship internationally, the shipping would be higher naturally though.
Electricbees

Activity: 322

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 08:43:25 PM

Only if you make labels with the name on it!

Also, interested in Venison jerky. Uncle made a mean spicy jerky most years, and fed it to us by the shovel-full.
Probably the best jerky I've ever had.
(Recipe was called "Fire-in-the-Hole", and not because it made your mouth burn...)

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 09:08:00 PM

I would be so in on some GOOD Beef Jerky Smiley

I love the stuff..

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
d3m0n1q_733rz

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2012, 01:43:17 AM

Just know that there are restrictions on shipping food items via customs.   Wink
Bitcoin is world-wide so you'll run into a few of those problems I'm sure.

Funroll_Loops, the theoretically quicker breakfast cereal!
Check out http://www.facebook.com/JupiterICT for all of your computing needs.  If you need it, we can get it.  We have solutions for your computing conundrums.  BTC accepted!  12HWUSguWXRCQKfkPeJygVR1ex5wbg3hAq
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 04:06:00 AM

Check your states hunting and resource conservation regulations carefully before selling harvested meat.

My state prohibits any commercial hunting and/or selling of the meat, processed or otherwise. You may consume the meat, gift the meat, feed the animal scraps to livestock, or destroy the meat. Same goes for any bone, antler, or taxedermy, although there is a huge market for skins, heads, bones, antlers, and products made from them.

Hate to see you good folk caught up in a world of legal shit accidentally.

Props to you and your Dad.

That is true, you are not allowed to sell meats in this manner, for $ that is. BTC is perfectly legal. Legally speaking, by selling the jerky/fish for BTC, we are giving it as a gift, as Bitcoin is not recognized as money nor commodity by the U.S Gov.

Just know that there are restrictions on shipping food items via customs.   Wink
Bitcoin is world-wide so you'll run into a few of those problems I'm sure.

We have shipped jerky/sausages, and other things that we have made to realitives we have in Canada, and it has never been a problem, but I will look into this.

Again, thanks to everyone for the feedback, questions, comments, and support. I appreciate all of these questions, so I get a chance to get all necessary info out in the open, and see what the community's feedback is.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: