Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:21:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chess Lessons Redux (lower rates)  (Read 991 times)
DATA COMMANDER (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 02:49:10 AM

(SEE SPECIAL AT BOTTOM OF POST)

I'm offering very inexpensive chess lessons. I am a strong Class A player (1950 USCF). Send me a private message or email me at "hester [dot] j [at] gmail [dot] com". Choose a time control, and we'll play on the Free Internet Chess Server (www.freechess.org). (I will walk you through getting onto the server; it's very simple.) After the game we'll go over concepts that you seem to be having trouble with for as long as you like. For now, I will offer this service before receiving payment if you agree to post a review of my services in this thread.

Why buy a chess lesson from me?

I have experience teaching math to both kids and adults. (I can provide a letter of reference from the mother of one of my former students.) This should transfer very easily to chess.

I have a firm grasp of the English language and can explain things clearly.

I type very fast (80+ WPM), so you won't spend much time sitting and waiting.

I'm currently offering very low rates, as well as an introductory special.

*** SPECIAL ***

No need to dance around the issue: I didn't get a response to my first ad, so I'm sweetening the deal. I will give a free one-hour lesson to the first three people who contact me, on the condition that they post a review of my service in this thread afterwards.

After that (or if you don't want to take the time to post a review), my rate will be .5 BTC/hour or .4 BTC/hour if you book multiple hours in advance and pay up-front. If you're concerned about deflation, we can discuss pegging the price to dollars.

Jesse

(Note: I will not lower my rates further. If I don't get a response to this offer, I will move on to something else. As much as I enjoy chess, it's not worth it for me to give lessons for less than .4 BTC an hour.)

Tips are appreciated (very tiny tips are perfectly okay!) 13gDRynPfLH3NNAz3nVyU3k3mYVcfeiQuF
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: