Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:53:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: -  (Read 26850 times)
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
-
August 17, 2012, 06:55:38 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 01:52:52 PM by unclescrooge

-
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 06:58:49 PM

INow that Pirateat40 closed down his operatations thanks to all the fud that was going on and growing on the forum, I expect everyone that spreads this fud, accused and insulted Pirate and the people that supported him to apologize.

Not only did Pirate brought us a great opportunity for investors (once in a lifetime actually), he did help stabilise and grow steadily bitcoin price, volume exchange, and thus contributed to the success of bitcoin. For that, Pirate, I want to thank you. You've done a wonderful work, and I hope you're stay around here.

Now, apologies on.

Do you really think that FUD is the reason why he shut down? Bullshit thread is bullshit. Don't count your chickens just yet anyway.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 06:59:38 PM

Trying not to sound ignorant, what does "FUD" mean?

unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:02:51 PM

INow that Pirateat40 closed down his operatations thanks to all the fud that was going on and growing on the forum, I expect everyone that spreads this fud, accused and insulted Pirate and the people that supported him to apologize.

Not only did Pirate brought us a great opportunity for investors (once in a lifetime actually), he did help stabilise and grow steadily bitcoin price, volume exchange, and thus contributed to the success of bitcoin. For that, Pirate, I want to thank you. You've done a wonderful work, and I hope you're stay around here.

Now, apologies on.

Do you really think that FUD is the reason why he shut down? Bullshit thread is bullshit. Don't count your chickens just yet anyway.

Of course it is. He needs large amount of coins to operate, why do you think he was paying 7% a week for?
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 07:03:11 PM

Trying not to sound ignorant, what does "FUD" mean?
fear, uncertainty and doubt

finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:07:36 PM

Now, apologies on.

Of course it is. He needs large amount of coins to operate, why do you think he was paying 7% a week for?

Go read what he said, then. FUD is definitely not why he shut down.

If everyone turns out to get their coins back, then I'll be very, very happy I was wrong.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 07:10:28 PM

Now, apologies on.

Go read what he said, then. FUD is definitely not why he shut down.

If everyone turns out to get their coins back, then I'll be very, very happy I was wrong.

If he returns the funds it will be a boost for the bitcoin economy, 30k + coins now available for investment elsewhere.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:10:56 PM

The FUD was actually getting Pirate more investments, so you're very welcome!

Anyway, I'm hesitant to go one way or another on this until Monday.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:12:23 PM

Come on, he announced he is shutting down and paying back. What do you think he is doing? Catching the plane to Brazil this weekend?

And I doubt the FUD lead to more investments.
unclescrooge (OP)
aka Raphy

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:13:31 PM

Don't know if it's the fud. I'm pissed against all this misplaced hatred and insults, that's all.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:28:00 PM

Well, I for one AM SORRY.....but I never spread FUD.

Pirate was well aware of my problem and the fact that he stated in his closing thread that he has been in contact with his lenders over the past week, letting them know what was happening....only serves to strengthen my claim. I was ignored.

I’ve spoken with my clients over the last week and come to an agreement that would allow me to close down my operation within a week.  Currently my reserve (operating wallets) are drained from fulfilling the withdraw spree that happened after the rate drop announcement.  All withdraws at this point will be delayed until Monday when the shutdown process begins..

If I had received some of that COMMUNICATION, I would have been more than happy to keep my mouth shut, but it was the LACK OF COMMUNICATION that I simply couldn't take any longer.

Sorry things didn't work out for everyone.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 07:37:40 PM

I doubt he spoke with his lenders, even the largest ones.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 08:19:04 PM

The crash is Pirate cashing out..  flight to nowhere comes next... Cheesy

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 09:01:31 PM

I will apologize publicly if all funds are returned.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 09:23:56 PM

Now that Pirateat40 closed down his operatations thanks to all the fud that was going on and growing on the forum, I expect everyone that spreads this fud, accused and insulted Pirate and the people that supported him to apologize.

Now, apologies on.
Ah, if I had a bitcoin for every scammer or dupe who blamed the failure of their doomed scheme on negativity, on all the nay-sayers who pointed out the obvious warning signs.

I doubt this is going to happen somehow but I still won't apologize. If you invest all your money in something that's literally indistinguishable from a Ponzi scheme and somehow, against all the odds, you've managed to get lucky and invest in the one Ponzi-like scheme out of innumerable others that's somehow not actually a Ponzi, why should I or anyone else apologize for telling you that you're an idiot. After all, you still are - just an idiot that got lucky.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 09:31:22 PM

Now that Pirateat40 closed down his operatations thanks to all the fud that was going on and growing on the forum, I expect everyone that spreads this fud, accused and insulted Pirate and the people that supported him to apologize.

Now, apologies on.
Ah, if I had a bitcoin for every scammer or dupe who blamed the failure of their doomed scheme on negativity, on all the nay-sayers who pointed out the obvious warning signs.

I doubt this is going to happen somehow but I still won't apologize. If you invest all your money in something that's literally indistinguishable from a Ponzi scheme and somehow, against all the odds, you've managed to get lucky and invest in the one Ponzi-like scheme out of innumerable others that's somehow not actually a Ponzi, why should I or anyone else apologize for telling you that you're an idiot. After all, you still are - just an idiot that got lucky.
I will apologize to pirate if he was not running a scam.  However, if I see anything like his operation pop up in the future, I will not hesitate to call it out as a ponzi again.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 10:19:23 PM

Come on, he announced he is shutting down and paying back. What do you think he is doing? Catching the plane to Brazil this weekend?

Maybe not Brazil...
jackmaninov

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 10:28:20 PM

+1. I think it's honest for people to have been calling it a ponzi, and I'm happy that people were urging caution w.r.t. pirateat40. Live and let live Smiley
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 10:52:38 PM

The OP has sucked too much Pirate cock.

How the fuck do you know that Pirate brought opportunity to bitcoin when no one even knows his business model?

You are super ignorant.  Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 11:05:00 PM

The OP has sucked too much Pirate cock.

How the fuck do you know that Pirate brought opportunity to bitcoin when no one even knows his business model?

You are super ignorant.  Grin Grin Grin

Yeah, the dudes that shake the economy are the morons on the speculation board who profit $3 when the BTC price moves by $2 up and down Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: