Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:23:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The shakedown  (Read 3826 times)
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 11:23:57 PM

I never exchanged a Bitcoin for fiat in my life and don't plan to start now.
Then why are you in the speculation forum?

When I was mining for bitcoins at a dollar loss, and said I was saving them for the day when they were worth more, we were told we were speculating on the value of bitcoin. And now we're told holding them long term is not speculation. You haters make up your mind already why dontcha?
There is no reason to mine at a dollar loss unless it is for charity.
apparently it worked out for him
Buying would have worked out better. In this case, he squandered further profit, but in exchange helped to secure the network. To put yourself in a financial loss for a common good is considered charity.
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 11:29:00 PM

possibly he had already bought the mining equipment.  At that point there is very little choice.  Unless you think "dollar loss" means that operating expenses > BTC mined...
befuddled

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 02:14:31 AM

Buying the same amount would have resulted in greater profit.

Which would be true, except part of the cost was sunk. And irrelevant to the point, which is whether holding bitcoins long term in expectation of their appreciation is speculation or not. Which was the matter to which I was replying.

There is nothing you can do about that since it is the truth

I am a true believer, willing to "sacrifice" for the cause.

now get out please.

No you get out, please.
ruski

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 04:54:37 AM

I am a true believer, willing to "sacrifice" for the cause.

Main Entry:    gullible
Part of Speech:    adjective
Definition:    naive, trusting
Synonyms:    being a sucker, believing, biting, credulous, easily taken in, easy mark, falling hook line and sinker, foolish, green*, innocent, kidding oneself, mark*, silly, simple, sucker , susceptible, swallowing whole, taken in, taking the bait, trustful, tumbling for, unskeptical, unsophisticated, unsuspecting, wide-eyed

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: