Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:50:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FAILCoin | Stay tuned: We have an ongoing discussion for a relaunch  (Read 62007 times)
Olegcho

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 11:51:27 AM

Hello,

Is there anyone who is using (or have a computer with) 32 bit Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7? We need to test our new wallet on such OS's. Everyone who is willing to help us will receive 5,000 FAIL coins as reward. Please send me PM's with your e-mail addresses to send you the link for the wallet.

Cheers,
Spartak

i'm coming to IRC to help you Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 11:54:06 AM

Hello,

Is there anyone who is using (or have a computer with) 32 bit Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7? We need to test our new wallet on such OS's. Everyone who is willing to help us will receive 5,000 FAIL coins as reward. Please send me PM's with your e-mail addresses to send you the link for the wallet.

Cheers,
Spartak

i'm coming to IRC to help you Smiley

Thanks bro! Smiley I hope that more people will follow. You are the second one for the moment.

jaipagare

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 01:40:30 PM

I am using WIN 7 32 bit as well. NO plans to upgrade my WIN OS
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 01:42:43 PM

I am using WIN 7 32 bit as well. NO plans to upgrade my WIN OS

Hey,

Can you please give me your e-mail to send you the new wallet?

P.S. After you run it and sync, send me PM with your FAIL address.
P.S.2. If you want, you can join our IRC channel and chat there with me. It will be easier.

Cheers,
Spartak

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 06:59:47 PM

Dear FAILers,

So far 3 people (who are not in FAIL team) are testing our new wallet, before we release it for the public with full features.
It has been tested on Win7 Enterprise and Pro x32, Vista x32, XP x32 and Win 8.1 x64 (our dev is the one who is checking it on OSX and Linux).
Three of the testers (all from our team) reported minor issues with XP, Vista and Win7 x32, but we believe that those problems are not from the wallet.
Nevertheless, we will continue with the tests, until we make sure that everything works fine. We are also inviting (again) everyone who wants to check the new wallet and give their opinions.
Probably tomorrow we will post detailed explanation on how the new wallet is supposed to work. Please feel free to participate with comments and suggestions!

Best regards,
Spartak

jaipagare

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:00:42 PM

Dear FAILers,

I am the one outside of FAIL team tested new FAILCOIN wallet on Win 7 Professional 32 bit; and didn't found any errors to report.

New Wallet is outstanding with tons of features integrated. This team should be awarded being professional.

Good Work Spartak and Team!!
rob72

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 08:29:41 AM

Hi,

after update to win 10 i got this error when i try to start failcoin wallet

http://www.tonerfuchs.at/coins/failcoin.png

Can i test also the new wallet?

Kind Regards Robert
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 08:45:27 AM

Hi,

after update to win 10 i got this error when i try to start failcoin wallet

Can i test also the new wallet?

Kind Regards Robert

Sure. Send me your e-mail address on PM and I will give you links to x32 and x64 wallets.

Cheers,
Spartak

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 10:50:31 AM

Dear FAILers,

Last night we have promised that we will give detailed explanation on how our new wallet is supposed to work.
I will also try to explain what is the purpose (i.e. our visions) of FAIL as a currency, and what may be its future.

First I will tell you some things about FAILCoin's history.

Some of you may know that it was created by anonymous developer, because in 2014 launching of new coins has become something like exercise of few (yes, FEW!) developers.
They didn't care about cryptocurrencies in general, they just found a way to make quick profits by selling promises and fancy features to the people.
The original developer of FAIL probably got tired (though we can't know for sure) of this, and launched FAILCoin as an answer to that.
About 1 month later he abandoned it, because after all - it was just a joke for him (we can't know that either).

Few people (me included) decided to take it over, because we saw FAIL as much more than a joke with cryptocurrencies. I'd like to say that if Bitcoin is the movie industry, FAIL can be its comedy genre.
But not just that! It can be example for honesty and a way for the people to help to each other. That sounds ridiculous, giving the fact in what kind of a world we are living, right? Probably!
All we can say is that we are still here after almost 18 months. Some of you may even say that we are still here, because we didn't make enough money and we are just waiting our chance to do so. Right? Wrong!
Personally I can say that I am extremely passionate with cryptocurrencies and I'm looking at FAIL as one of the ways to make them better. How? By working towards their better adoption!
You may ask yourself: "What FAILCoin has to do with better adoption of cryptocurrencies?", but if you ask that question, then you are probably living on another planet.
We don't need to explain you how many people are watching videos, creating/reading memes and reading jokes in their spare time (well... not entirely true... many of them are obsessed Smiley)
FAIL can be used in that market niche. It can be also used to help people by donations, because we all know that failure is part of our lives.
Let's say that you watched a video in which some guy fails with his bike. You may laugh at it, but you can also think of something else: "That guy just broke his bike... I'll send him 50 FAILs to help him fixing it.".
What if you watch a video in which you are looking at people who have no watter, but they have FAIL donation address in the description? You can help them too (or make some rich bastard even richer, but we can't change that)!

All of this may sounds like utopia, but its part of our visions and we will work and try to achieve it. Now, without wasting more of your time, here are the explanations about our wallet:

Example "A":

In the Dashboard of the wallet you normally see your balance, but bellow you can see Twitter feed.
It will show all of our tweets and it will refresh automatically (though final timing for that is not yet fixed.. we are discussing it). Red arrow shows that you can refresh the feed if you want.

Example "B":

Nothing much to explain here. Our block explorer is integrated in the wallet so you can follow everything, without the need to open a browser.

Example "C":

This is showing the initial core of our work - picking hashtags on Twitter. There is a "News" tab in the wallet in which you can only see tweets with #FAILnews hashtag.
There are also tabs such as "Pranks", "Contests" and "Partners". First two will pick up only #FAILpranks and #FAILcontest hashtags (just like News tab is working).
The "Partners" tab will normally show our future partners with links to their YouTube channel and/or Twitter account.
How is this supposed to work? Let's say we have a partner on YouTube who for example is making weekly FAIL contests. We will tweet with link to it, using #FAILcontest hashtag.
In the description of the video there may be one FAIL address or addresses of all participants in the video. In that way you can send them coins for making you laugh (or to help them repairing their bike as I mentioned above Smiley). We are also thinking about creating our own contests, but this is something, which may happen in later future.
The "Pranks" tab will show only tweets with pranks. It can be something funny, which we watched (i.e. it can be used just for your amusement (which is why "Fun" tab exsist.. there you will watch funny videos, see some funny meme or read a joke)) or it can be again a link to a video of our partner who is using FAIL coins.

You probably realize that every tab has its purpose. You don't need to open websites or following forums to see what is happening with us. You just need to look at the "News" tab in the wallet and you will know whats going on (and you don't need Twitter account to do it). We also made different tabs to avoid spam and annoying scrolling to find what you want. Some of you maybe interested only in donations, others maybe just want to read the news.

I think that this is enough for now. When our wallet is completely ready we will create a video, which will explain on how everything will work. We know what we want and it is to make FAIL available to millions of people in a funny way (well... not only), but of course we will be extremely happy if you give us your feedback and share your visions and thoughts.

Best regards,
Spartak     

Frobisher

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:32:56 AM

Hey, I'm a retarded n00b with a dumb question... Do you have to keep the wallet open to stake? (I don't really know how PoS coins work, sorry)

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 08:35:55 AM

Hey, I'm a retarded n00b with a dumb question... Do you have to keep the wallet open to stake? (I don't really know how PoS coins work, sorry)

Hello,

Yes! You must keep the wallet open to stake.

Cheers,
Spartak

Framauro

Activity: 431

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:17:56 PM

Dear FAILers,

So far 3 people (who are not in FAIL team) are testing our new wallet, before we release it for the public with full features.
It has been tested on Win7 Enterprise and Pro x32, Vista x32, XP x32 and Win 8.1 x64 (our dev is the one who is checking it on OSX and Linux).
Three of the testers (all from our team) reported minor issues with XP, Vista and Win7 x32, but we believe that those problems are not from the wallet.
Nevertheless, we will continue with the tests, until we make sure that everything works fine. We are also inviting (again) everyone who wants to check the new wallet and give their opinions.
Probably tomorrow we will post detailed explanation on how the new wallet is supposed to work. Please feel free to participate with comments and suggestions!

Best regards,
Spartak

is the wallet already tested on win7 x64??

If not, i can test it for you if you want. The current wallet (version 1.1.1.0) is working fine for me.

Framauro
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 09:09:57 AM

If not, i can test it for you if you want. The current wallet (version 1.1.1.0) is working fine for me.

Framauro

Hello,

Yes, but nevertheless I have send you link to the x64 version. You can try it if you want.

Cheers,
Spartak

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 09:54:48 AM

Hey guys,

I just saw something, which surprised me very much, because it comes from my real life friend and I just wanted to share it with you.
One of our main goals is to help people in every aspect, so if you eventually trade binary options I suggest to listen what he said. This is a scam warning!

I will also want to say something about FAILCoin.

New wallet should (not will) be completely ready in the next 1 or 2 weeks. Several people tested it on all kind of OS's and it seems that it is working well. We haven't recently heard some of them (FAIL members are not included) so if there is something new (bug was noticed recently etc..) or there is something they want to share - please do that.

Cheers,
Spartak

Framauro

Activity: 431

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 08:29:31 PM

Framauro

Hello,

Yes, but nevertheless I have send you link to the x64 version. You can try it if you want.

Cheers,
Spartak
I've tested the wallet (version v1.1.1.0-g32a928e) on win7 x64 and it's working fine.

The only thing i'm missing is a recent transaction list on the dashboard. I don't know how other people in the community thinks about this?

Staking is working fine and i like the twitter feeds on the dashboard though.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 08:33:48 PM

I've tested the wallet (version v1.1.1.0-g32a928e) on win7 x64 and it's working fine.

The only thing i'm missing is a recent transaction list on the dashboard. I don't know how other people in the community thinks about this?

Staking is working fine and i like the twitter feeds on the dashboard though.

Hey.

As you can see there is separated Transactions tab in the wallet so I think it's not such a big deal. Imo it's more important to have the Twitter feed in the main tab so it would be a lot easier for the people to read our latest news.

Cheers,
Spartak

atomicgroup

Activity: 370
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:32:13 PM

Hi, there where a news for support price of FailCoin on Empoex or Other Exchange?

Thanks
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 11:22:48 AM

Hi, there where a news for support price of FailCoin on Empoex or Other Exchange?

Thanks

Hello,

We are waiting until main FAIL dev finishes the new wallet. Until then we will take no actions. So far we are paying for the 7 VPS's, domain and github, and we are waiting. After the new wallet is ready and we make sure it is working properly, we will start developing FAILCommunity (Twitter and YouTube mainly). The idea is FAILCoin to become viral in socials.

P.S. Actually yesterday I've been playing with new FAILCommunity logo. I will show it to you guys and I hope that you can share your opinions.

Cheers,
Spartak

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 11:24:19 AM

Hey, FAILers,

We are going to use different logo on FAILCommunity. What do you think about this one?

Cheers,
Spartak

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2015, 12:00:02 PM

Hey, FAILers,

We are going to use different logo on FAILCommunity. What do you think about this one?

Cheers,
Spartak

I like this logo! The general idea of a community for FAIL is good, the logo brings together the general community feel with the FAIL logo really well.

Great work Spartak

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: