Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:16:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FAILCoin | Stay tuned: We have an ongoing discussion for a relaunch  (Read 62010 times)
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 10:52:32 AM

Dear FAILers,

We have some news for you:

1. Our work on the new FAIL wallet was stopped for a while, but it now continues. We have something like Beta wallet ready, and it was tested from about 7 people. Some issues on x32 Vista OS were reported, but it seems that they are not from the wallet itself. That is why we think that it is now safe to use the new wallet (despite the fact its not with all the planned features). Here are the links to the wallets:

Windows X32 Version   Windows X64 Version

If you have downloaded and installed the wallet, you can see that there are Tabs, which should pick up specific hashtags on Twitter. Currently only News tab is working (its picking #FAILnews hashtag). Others (such as #FAILcontests and #FAILcompetitions) will be ready in near future. FAIL goal is to be used on social networks and YouTube as a rewarding cryptocurrency, no matter if it is for some FAIL vines/compilations competitions, pranks, donations to some cause, or just like a tip to someone. YouTube tab should contain our YouTube channel, which will be filled with content, once we have our grounds (fully working wallet) ready.  

2. UltraFRS, qiwoman2 and yogg were removed from the team, because of inactivity. We thank them for their contribution! Some of you are probably aware about how we are trying to work, but I will explain it again. People in FAIL team are working only for FAIL coins and we are trying to build something without using mercenaries. You can imagine how hard it is nowadays since a lot of people lost their trust in cryptocurrencies. You can also imagine how hard is to pay and work for something, which currently is practically worthless, though we are not giving particular price to FAILCoin - we support the idea of it. FAIL started as a mock to 100s of coins, which were released (and continuing to be released) with the only idea to benefit their creators. Since then we are trying to make it a better example for cryptocurrency, where people behind it are not involved because of the few BTC they can earn. We are also avid supporters of cryptocurrencies in general and that is why we are going to work for their better adoption. FAIL idea is not to make few people rich - it is to spread the word about cryptocurrencies, and we think that social networks and video channels is the best way to do it, because they have billions of users. As we said it number of times before - if we assume that Bitcoin is the movie industry, FAIL can be its comedy genre.

3. We are continuing to pay about the 7 VPS's, which we rented about 6 months ago, but once this month is over, we are going to reduce them to 3. They will be located in USA, Europe and Asia.

4. FAIL block reward should halve from 12 to 6 coins in less than a 2000 blocks. It seems that halving will occur earlier than predicted, but it is because of the low difficulty.    

5. Finally I would like to THANK to Anthony from EmpoEX exchange, halibit from alcurEX exchange and ocminer - the owner of Suprnova pools. They continue to support our pairs and mining pool, despite the fact that there are currently almost no trades and miners. We are going to try to change that. It will be extremely hard, but we are in for the challenge... ALWAYS!

Thank you kindly for your time,
Spartak

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcsharehub

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

EarnBitcoins.INFO

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 12:30:05 PM

Kudos to the new wallets! Cheesy

spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2015, 12:34:40 PM

Kudos to the new wallets! Cheesy

Kudos to you my korean friend as you are great guy and asset to FAIL. Smiley We are going to pull this through!

P.S. Some of you may still don't know, but Bitcoin is now officially VAT free in Europe. Personally I expect $~300 price pretty soon! Great time for cryptocurrencies!!!

jaipagare

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:37:06 PM

Am I still looking at the old thread? Why I don't see Failcoin on coinmarket cap anymore? Spartak?
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 04:40:12 PM

Am I still looking at the old thread? Why I don't see Failcoin on coinmarket cap anymore? Spartak?

Hey, jaipagare,

Because there are no trades recently. Don't worry - our work continues.

Cheers,
Spartak

jaipagare

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:47:21 PM

Sorry to hear that. Don't worry FAIL has supporters like me. Can I still mine Failcoin? Scrypt/SHA
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 08:21:45 PM

Sorry to hear that. Don't worry FAIL has supporters like me. Can I still mine Failcoin? Scrypt/SHA

Sure, but scrypt only.

jaipagare

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 08:27:59 PM

Any details about Mining Pools will be really appreciated. How many FAIL left to be mined?
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 08:31:40 PM

Any details about Mining Pools will be really appreciated. How many FAIL left to be mined?

OP is (always) up-to-date, even on translated threads. Currently I can't answer on how much coins are left to be mined. We are discussing some things atm...   

jaipagare

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 08:59:55 PM

Thank You.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 10:44:46 AM

Dear FAILers,

After several discussions between some of the FAIL team members, and our lead developer pnoch, we have decided to fork FAILCoin and make it 100% PoS. We want to emphasize that this will happen after we complete our work on the new wallet, and we make sure its working properly!

FAILCoin is currently at ~579,400 block and we think that making the fork active after 700,000 - 750,000 block is realistic deadline, but we are not promising anything about timing! Our idea is people to have 1-2 months time (depends on mining difficulty) to update their wallets. If everything is fine, FAIL total supply will be about ~20,500,000 - ~21,000,000 coins with 3% PoS interest.

Now something about our future plans with partners. If you have the new Beta (though we think its better to call it Alpha) wallet, then you can see it has 2 "Partners" tabs for both YouTube and Twitter. Our original (and relitevly stupid Smiley) idea was to add logos/pictures of our future partners in the wallet, with links to their channels/Twitter accounts (or both), but this would mean that we must compile new wallets every time we have a new partner. We have decided to code that part of the wallet as it is in Block explorer tab (see bellow). The wallet will open specific part of our website were our partners will be listed.

There are people who probably want to hear something more about bigger exchanges. We must admit that we tried couple of times to list FAIL on Bittrex, but we failed. It was against our beliefs, which are to talk with bigger exchanges after the coding part is ready, but many people asked us, and we tried. Personally I have said number of times that the idea behind FAILCoin is one of the best in cryptoworld. Why? Because we are targeting (we are supporting cryptocurrencies... its not all about FAILCoin) social networks were 100s of millions people could understand what is cryptocurrency and how they can use it. After the wallet (oh... that wallet! Smiley) is ready, we will start talking with smaller YouTube comedy channels to accept FAIL as a way to reward their subscribers (for example - the most hilarious comments or ideas for new video) or to accept tips. All of this will be funded by us! We will not ask them to buy FAIL, we will send the coins for free! Probably somewhere between 3 and 5,000,000 coins will be send to YouTube and Twitter partners. So far we have some ideas about Facebook and Instagram too, but at the moment we will remain silent. Before all of this we will need bigger exchange/s (sadly or not - most of the people are not trusting smaller exchanges) such as Poloniex, Bittrex, Cryptsy or Coinbase (I'm joking! Smiley), because FAIL first needs to find its initial price (we are currently not even on Coinmarketcap, because there are no trades on EmpoEx and alcurEX). Hopefuly, some of the bigger exchanges will give us a chance.

That's it for now!

Thank you for your time! Stay strong and stay FAILed!

Kind regards,
Spartak Tomanov

batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 11:30:02 AM

Now something about our future plans with partners. If you have the new Beta (though we think its better to call it Alpha) wallet, then you can see it has 2 "Partners" tabs for both YouTube and Twitter. Our original (and relitevly stupid Smiley) idea was to add logos/pictures of our future partners in the wallet, with links to their channels/Twitter accounts (or both), but this would mean that we must compile new wallets every time we have a new partner. We have decided to code that part of the wallet as it is in Block explorer tab (see bellow). The wallet will open specific part of our website were our partners will be listed.

Great idea! I'm looking forward to creating some good partnerships.

Thanks for the update, amazing work!

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 11:32:54 AM

Good to heard that the new wallet is out! How can I go about upgrading my wallet? I like the POS idea!

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 11:41:04 AM

Good to heard that the new wallet is out! How can I go about upgrading my wallet? I like the POS idea!

Hey,

Here is the post with links to the new Alpha/Beta wallets.

Cheers,
Spartak

wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2015, 12:38:58 PM

I like the idea 100% PoS.
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 03:19:28 PM

I like the idea 100% PoS.

Thanks! We discussed that for over a month.

sanitarium616

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 01:26:54 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 01:51:37 AM by sanitarium616

i've managed to get the github code to compile on my raspberry pi but i get an error saying "Error: An error occured while setting up the rpc port 15647 for listening: open: Address family not supported by protocol" any idea how to fix this?
thanks
sani
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 04:48:43 AM

i've managed to get the github code to compile on my raspberry pi but i get an error saying "Error: An error occured while setting up the rpc port 15647 for listening: open: Address family not supported by protocol" any idea how to fix this?
thanks
sani

Hello,

It is me who is currently talking with you from FAILCoin's official Facebook account. Will try to help you out by asking the dev, because as I said - I've never used raspberry before. If there is someone else who can help it will be much appreciated.

P.S. Our work on the new wallet is continuing. Currently we have resolved some issues, but we faced some new ones. Smiley

Cheers,
Spartak

sanitarium616

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:21:49 AM

thanks
sani

Hello,

It is me who is currently talking with you from FAILCoin's official Facebook account. Will try to help you out by asking the dev, because as I said - I've never used raspberry before. If there is someone else who can help it will be much appreciated.

P.S. Our work on the new wallet is continuing. Currently we have resolved some issues, but we faced some new ones. Smiley

Cheers,
Spartak

thanks
i thought i'd post that here on the off chance that a member of the community might know.
raspberry pi uses linux thats been modified to suit the pi and someone has made an os from raspbian that has bitcoin, dogecoin, litecoin and OKcash wallets on it and i'm trying to get failcoin and a few other wallets installed ideally with there guis
spartak_t (OP)
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 05:32:24 AM

thanks
i thought i'd post that here on the off chance that a member of the community might know.
raspberry pi uses linux thats been modified to suit the pi and someone has made an os from raspbian that has bitcoin, dogecoin, litecoin and OKcash wallets on it and i'm trying to get failcoin and a few other wallets installed ideally with there guis

Hey,

I think it will not hurt if you launch a new topic in the Hardware section of the forum.
There must be some people who are using same device as you and will be probably able to help you.

Cheers,
Spartak

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: