Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:03:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for the next Bitcoin.  (Read 2651 times)
JackRipper (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:54:58 PM

Bitcoin shills in one thread  Cheesy

Are you actually surprised to find a lot of people who like Bitcoin in a Bitcoin Discussion thread? Really?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:02:46 PM

There's nothing wrong with Bitcoin. People are just hoping to make a fast buck.

This. People wanna make a fast buck from the booming of new alts.
The problem is when the new alts coming there's almost the end with no one use it again.
Not like bitcoin that still have the price.
The circyle like : New alts -> booming with high prices -> people sold it -> go down -> the end.
Like this and thats why another alts cant beat Bitcoin.

All those clueless guys think the analogy of BTC being "Napster" and then waiting for the next Bitorrent to invest and make millions make me laugh. They are missing the completely.

ALL alts are alts for a reason: They are cheap BTC knockoffs, except a few.
98problems

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:47:13 PM

there wont be the next bitcoin because most probably such success can happen to only one cryptocurrency

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:12:06 PM

Like any two polarised groups (i.e. Altcoin vs Bitcoin) the truth is usually somewhere in the middle. While I think we all need to focus on one coin as the main digital currency Altcoins have some hope for a few reasons. Firstly the world is not just one currency however strong the dollar is it has competing currencies which adds balance. Secondly its a valid argument that with Bitcoin with a market cap of a few billion the decision to whether Bitcoin will be the 'King' of digital currencies is in its infancy. If some alt coin for example manages to break the mainstream then in a short time Bitcoin could look obsolete, google coin, FB coin anyone? (hopefully not but they do have the upper hand in terms of ability to break the mainstream). There are others I could give but you get my point.

But the big mistake Bitcoin Bros make is that some new alts aren't really coins and aren't competing with Bitcoin, they are actually tokens for a system giving it the ability to become decentralised. One I believe in is Getgems which has the ability to decentralise social media.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/telegram-bitcoin-getgems-messenger/id942306232?mt=8

co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:12:46 PM

Sorry dude, you missed out on the one and only bitcoin. There will be no others. Sorry to burst your bubble!
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:18:27 PM

Sorry dude, you missed out on the one and only bitcoin. There will be no others. Sorry to burst your bubble!

What if the chat app gets a million users? (not uncommon to many chat apps)

A million brand new holders of a digital token?
co5hike

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:21:40 PM

Still. BTC has the market cap. It wont be easy to just take it from BTC. Don't get me wrong. Its possible, just highly unlikely.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:28:48 PM

Still. BTC has the market cap. It wont be easy to just take it from BTC. Don't get me wrong. Its possible, just highly unlikely.

Your not getting it, A million people holding a digital currency, how many holders of Bitcoin are their really? A million or three?

And also don't get me wrong Bitcoin is also helped as the wallet contains a bitcoin wallet. Users are EVERYTHING to a currency. Imagine just fro example Whatsapp users was the same system as Gems with the same amount of users then Bitcoin would look like like a second rate altcoin in comparison. We are talking 100 billion plus value. No one is saying Gems could become Whatsapp but even a few hundred thousand users would make a mockery of NXT etc overnight that have a user base of I suspect 10,000 max.

Plus no one is late to the party IF bitcoin is to become anything more than a niche geek project. You don't have a global currency valued at 3 billion dollars, (rolls eyes) Bitcoin IF it does half of what people think it will do then price wise its peanuts still.
Cruxer

Activity: 184

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:31:13 PM

First answer and nailed it 100% Cheesy
When you don't know what it is about, its about money Tongue
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:35:41 PM

Dumb and simplistic.

Many new projects are not really coins but tokens, so you are really buying a stake in the success of the company. And here's the thing, many are based on the blockchain and the success of Bitcoin so to be against them is to say the blockchain has no purpose.
co5hike

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:39:52 PM

Don't forget the year Bitcoin exploded to 1000$, Litecoin performed better and made more per $ invested.

that is true.. but where is LTC today? Cheesy
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:42:30 PM

Dumb and simplistic.

Many new projects are not really coins but tokens, so you are really buying a stake in the success of the company. And here's the thing, many are based on the blockchain and the success of Bitcoin so to be against them is to say the blockchain has no purpose.
I think the fact that there are so many pump and dumps have tarnished the reputation of alt coins but it's definitely needed to open minded and not cult like when believing in Bitcoin, other things can come and you can be kicking yourself for missing out later if you are blindly following one thing.

Agree. And I do actually think that 99% of alt coins are a pure joke however thats the penalty for freedom, i.e. people also do stupid stuff, morally questionable and outright scams but anyone who loves freedom has to take the rough with the smooth. But good stuff rises to the surface in the end and like you say being blinkered into one way of thinking only means you miss opportunities.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:45:00 PM

Don't forget the year Bitcoin exploded to 1000$, Litecoin performed better and made more per $ invested.

that is true.. but where is LTC today? Cheesy

I don't think any pure coin has a chance against Bitcoin. The projects to look out for are not Bitcoin rivals but projects that will grow due to the success of Bitcoin and the blockchain tech.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:48:32 PM

I don't think any pure coin has a chance against Bitcoin. The projects to look out for are not Bitcoin rivals but projects that will grow due to the success of Bitcoin and the blockchain tech.

I think that is spot on. Look for businesses serving the bitcoin economy and other uses for the blockchain.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
co5hike

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:50:25 PM

I think that is spot on. Look for businesses serving the bitcoin economy and other uses for the blockchain.

+100 for both of you guys!
Cinnob0n

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

-Credits (CRE) Miner/Enthusiast

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:45:37 AM

Also known as pumping and dumping.  Cry

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:13:05 AM

Because they want earn a big profit using pump and dump. This is the method where you can earn big profit by buying altcoins in low price then wait for a few days and sell it again with high price. Thats is pump and dump
Gibbs187x

Activity: 126

Moon

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:16:39 AM

shadowcash is the future

Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 01:30:43 PM

Nothing in this world is perfect and as in the case of bitcoin we are still trying to overcome the flaws. Since it's open source there's no stopping anybody on trying to create a new coin that solve all the problems. But perhaps the biggest agenda on their mind nevertheless is still money and control. And a successful coin is definitely what matters.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: