Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:40:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter Cube Setup  (Read 545 times)
man114 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:56:56 AM

Anyone got a quick rundown of the precise setup of this thing?

I just bought one really really cheap ($2 and confirmed to work). I already had a power supply capable of running it that's been sitting in my basement for over a year.

I'm not concerned about the inefficiency, I actually thought this would be a clever replacement for an electric space heater (I bought a cheap 200 Gh/s to heat my basement this winter, where I got about $100 back in BTC instead of nothing this winter). I plan on using this one in my breezeway in the spring and fall when it's cool but not wood fire cold, my basement during summer and running it at my desk at work in winter (don't worry this won't be an issue). I thought this would be a good way to reimplement outdated miners.

I know these used the old getwork setup and need a stratum proxy. I mine on several pools but would prefer to run this on something like Triplemining for their weekly lottery if it's possible, if not Slush's would be OK (I have a couple of lower hash but somewhat more efficient miners on there and it's worked pretty well).

My main question is can you reassign its IP address? If you can can you do so by linking a laptop to it reassigning it, disconnecting then connecting to home network. I have two routers but my preferred runs on 10.0.0.xxx and is in the suitable location.

The simpler the rundown the better, I'm not terribly familiar with these. I haven't even fished out the power supply yet, but should have time tomorrow or Sunday, so I'd like to be prepared.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: