Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:46:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 307470 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 04:26:23 PM

Few exchanges have had zero major security issues. Cryptsy is one of the luckier ones, although lots of people complain about withdrawal delays there.

I think those two are related...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jantenner81

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 08:01:56 PM

Few exchanges have had zero major security issues. Cryptsy is one of the luckier ones, although lots of people complain about withdrawal delays there.

OK, how is the related to this AT thread ?

AT - Automated Transactions
CIYAM | Developer
twospirit

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 09:15:00 PM

OK, how is the related to this AT thread ?

that centralized trading sucks  Grin and we have AT to finish it
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:20:49 AM

It is possible to hard-code values into ATs but understand as the Initiator and Responder would need different values we'd have to have two ACCT ATs rather than just one (at the moment the code is the same regardless of which role).

The next main focus for the AT project is going to be UI so we will consider how we can make the workflow and UX better as we proceed.

With the upcoming release of Nxt (1.5.x) there comes a feature named "pay-on-reveal-secret", which I think is the key component of ACCT. Could you adopt the AT code to create a Nxt-compatible secret?

It would be huge to have ACCT between Qora, Burst and Nxt!  Smiley

I also asked the lead Nxt dev about it, here is his answer (from the Nxt forum):

Great, so theoretically we could do Atomic Cross­Chain Transfers between Nxt, Qora and Burst? What must be done to achieve this?
This is the description of the algorithm:
http://upcoder.com/11/atomic-cross-chain-exchange/
and from the 1.5.0e changelog:
Pay on reveal secret is supported as a voting model for phased transactions.
When this voting model is used, the phased transaction must include the
hash of a secret chosen by the sender (up to 100 bytes long), and an approval
transaction for it is only accepted if it includes the secret that results in
this hash. It does not matter who the sender of the approval transaction is,
unless a whitelist is also defined. Supported hash functions currently are
sha256, ripemd160, and sha256 followed by ripemd160. The codes to specify them
as parameters are available from the getConstants API.

It is required that the other blockchain supports at least one of the above hash functions for the hash of the secret. Instead of timeout and refund transactions, we use phasing finish height, by which the secret revealing transaction must be submitted and accepted in the blockchain, otherwise the reserved unconfirmed balance is refunded. The deadline parameter can also be used to make sure a transaction is not included in the blockchain after this deadline has expired. Somebody should look into whether this can be made to fit with the algorithm they are using. If it can, maybe even a plugin to make it user friendly can be created?

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
jantenner81

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 07:25:58 AM

It is possible to hard-code values into ATs but understand as the Initiator and Responder would need different values we'd have to have two ACCT ATs rather than just one (at the moment the code is the same regardless of which role).

The next main focus for the AT project is going to be UI so we will consider how we can make the workflow and UX better as we proceed.

With the upcoming release of Nxt (1.5.x) there comes a feature named "pay-on-reveal-secret", which I think is the key component of ACCT. Could you adopt the AT code to create a Nxt-compatible secret?

It would be huge to have ACCT between Qora, Burst and Nxt!  Smiley

I also asked the lead Nxt dev about it, here is his answer (from the Nxt forum):

Great, so theoretically we could do Atomic Cross­Chain Transfers between Nxt, Qora and Burst? What must be done to achieve this?
This is the description of the algorithm:
http://upcoder.com/11/atomic-cross-chain-exchange/
and from the 1.5.0e changelog:
Pay on reveal secret is supported as a voting model for phased transactions.
When this voting model is used, the phased transaction must include the
hash of a secret chosen by the sender (up to 100 bytes long), and an approval
transaction for it is only accepted if it includes the secret that results in
this hash. It does not matter who the sender of the approval transaction is,
unless a whitelist is also defined. Supported hash functions currently are
sha256, ripemd160, and sha256 followed by ripemd160. The codes to specify them
as parameters are available from the getConstants API.

It is required that the other blockchain supports at least one of the above hash functions for the hash of the secret. Instead of timeout and refund transactions, we use phasing finish height, by which the secret revealing transaction must be submitted and accepted in the blockchain, otherwise the reserved unconfirmed balance is refunded. The deadline parameter can also be used to make sure a transaction is not included in the blockchain after this deadline has expired. Somebody should look into whether this can be made to fit with the algorithm they are using. If it can, maybe even a plugin to make it user friendly can be created?

Why NXT is just not using AT like QORA and BURST is doing ? Easier workaround IMO

CIYAM | Developer
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:31:44 AM

Bter and Polo has still problem at withdrawal and deposit?  Coz of them people sell their qora  Angry 
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:37:18 AM

Bter and Polo has still problem at withdrawal and deposit?  Coz of them people sell their qora  Angry 

VERY shortsighted. The reason people are selling is because major exchanges are facing issues like regulation and security issues. The major beneficiary of that could actually be Qora and other coins with decentralized exchanges. Qora is in a sweet spot for that right now, wish I hadn't sold all mine now.
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:47:57 AM

An Atomic Cross-Chain Transfer between Burst and Qora has been occurred successfully
press release regarding this event:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4vYMJwBtRGLLVQ0OElQRzJackE/view

please share with the world!

Hi twospirit. If you have a word file (.doc) of this could you send me ? I m gonna translate it in Turkish. I want them to know this historical event.
CryptKeeper
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:32:23 AM

<snip>

Why NXT is just not using AT like QORA and BURST is doing ? Easier workaround IMO

That would be really great! AT on Nxt was discussed long ago (early 2014) and I supported it (still have a big chunk of NxtAT assets  Undecided). AFAIK the Nxt AT project isn't dead - yet, but nobody knows if or when this will be integrated into Nxt. Creating a working ACCT between these three coins would show the Nxt community the real potential behind AT, arousing interest again for a complete AT implementation.

The advantage for Qora and Burst (besides trading them in NXT) would be that you could buy these coins with BTC in two steps using the nxt-based multigateway, fully decentralized!

Follow me on twitter! I'm a private Bitcoin and altcoin hodler. Giving away crypto for free on my Twitter feed!
iHashFury

Activity: 141

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:58:50 AM

Bter withdraw is now working  Grin
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:15:33 AM

entered this due to advanced technology concepts such as integration with BURST, interface needs to be drastically simplified but you have laid out core foundations, this technology will be copied by others and even if it does, just from the historical perspective it is important and valuable to own this coin

thanks for the opportunity!
twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:17:29 AM

entered this due to advanced technology concepts
warm welcome to you Smiley yes, Qora is full of potential!
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:17:54 AM

entered this due to advanced technology concepts

Welcome!  Smiley Smiley

We're all amazed, not only of qoras innovation, but of its user-friendliness too!

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:15:50 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 11:32:49 AM by q327K091

hey guys..  have what I believe a problem with poloniex withdrawal, so did a test withdraw of 5 QORA, used one of the addresses in the account panel (in the wallet) waited for full wallet sync.. and nothing balance still 0, so now I won't withdraw full amount till I am sure I won't lose it

does anyone use poloniex and see the same problem ? thanks much!

***update*** I see "PENDING" status... exchanges do real disservice to you.. (especially as there is no POW) hope it all will be smoothed out in the future, you can even go 50 x from Today prices...

sending them a quick note...

also I don't know how it is done, but wallet syncs ULTRA fast
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 11:32:15 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 11:42:44 AM by CIYAM

Although I was aware of the project Mercury I hadn't realised that they had performed ACCT txs months ago, however, it should be noted that these were only on "testnets" (Bitcoin and Dogecoin apparently) whereas the ACCT done using AT just recently was done using two "mainnets" (Burst and Qora).

IMO anything done on a "testnet" doesn't really count but perhaps that is just me.

We will correct our media release to clarify this - the work that the Mercury project was based upon (from @TierNolan) is also key to the design of the ACCT for AT (although it doesn't work exactly the same due to the fact that ATs act as escrow accounts) and in the ACCT documentation http://ciyam.org/at/at_atomic.html you'll note that TierNolan was duly credited (and that has been in the docco for months).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
q327K091
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:37:11 AM

o great, BURST mingles with QORA, I knew that so just smiling, will perform AT transaction to see this in action for self, hence I acquired latter and mining the former, this intra blockchain tech is absolutely fantastic and will be a standard

Thanks Ian, you are making history...
jantenner81

CIYAM - UI/UX design

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 11:51:00 AM

Although I was aware of the project Mercury I hadn't realised that they had performed ACCT txs months ago, however, it should be noted that these were only on "testnets" (Bitcoin and Dogecoin apparently) whereas the ACCT done using AT just recently was done using two "mainnets" (Burst and Qora).

IMO anything done on a "testnet" doesn't really count but perhaps that is just me.

We will correct our media release to clarify this - the work that the Mercury project was based upon (from @TierNolan) is also key to the design of the ACCT for AT (although it doesn't work exactly the same due to the fact that ATs act as escrow accounts) and in the ACCT documentation http://ciyam.org/at/at_atomic.html you'll note that TierNolan was duly credited (and that has been in the docco for months).

Thx for clarification Ian!

CIYAM | Developer
Vrontis (OP)

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 12:53:45 PM

I don't know the exact dates of mercury or AT ACCT testnet...

https://nxtforum.org/index.php?topic=134.msg128556.msg#128556

Hey,

I succeed running 2 testnet's locally and the acct use case worked perfectly. So I have managed to "transfer" using the atomic cross chain use case nxt's from the one testnet to the other. The c......

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 01:04:16 PM

Basically a "testnet" implementation really means very little as in general (especially when you look at Bitcoin) the "testnet" chain offers all sorts of different "rules" to the "mainnet" one.

So you can write all sorts of txs that "work on testnet" but they won't work on any mainnet making them not really very relevant to the "real world".

Again - we will clarify our media release to make it clear that we are talking about "mainnets" not "testnets".

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:27:14 PM

hey guys..  have what I believe a problem with poloniex withdrawal, so did a test withdraw of 5 QORA, used one of the addresses in the account panel (in the wallet) waited for full wallet sync.. and nothing balance still 0, so now I won't withdraw full amount till I am sure I won't lose it

does anyone use poloniex and see the same problem ? thanks much!

***update*** I see "PENDING" status... exchanges do real disservice to you.. (especially as there is no POW) hope it all will be smoothed out in the future, you can even go 50 x from Today prices...

sending them a quick note...

also I don't know how it is done, but wallet syncs ULTRA fast
I have a withdrawal pending for 19 hrs now, even sent in a support ticket. Qora needs to get more cryptos using ACCT so we can move away from these centralized exchanges.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: