Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:21:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network  (Read 307471 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vrontis (OP)

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 07:13:14 PM

i do not know whether it is a bug or not, but i recognized a strange behaviour. i am using version 0.22 and i synchronized the wallet to 100%. A couple of hours later i restarted the wallet and synchronization was at 57%. Then i synchronized again to 100% and a day later, after start same happens again. Synchronization was at 57% again. Any suggestions?

We have created a check point to data folder, this saves you from syncing from scratch (block 1) if the data folder get corrupted.
Data folder get corrupted usually if the application is not been closed properly.
The best way to close the application is by clicking on File / Quit.If you force the application to close by clicking the X button on the top right corner then, more likely data folder will get corrupted.

But can't this issue of closing the wallet be resolved?!
I mean this bug is know since beginning!

That's true.It's known from the very first moment and it's because of forcing the application to be closed by the OS.
So, I cannot surely say that this can be fixed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 07:27:42 PM

That's true.It's known from the very first moment and it's because of forcing the application to be closed by the OS.

I though the user interface was made in java swing?!
Isn't there any on close event triggered that can be handled "listened"
and in which the same routine under FILE->QUIT could be called?!

Vrontis (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2015, 08:15:16 PM

I though the user interface was made in java swing?!
Isn't there any on close event triggered that can be handled "listened"
and in which the same routine under FILE->QUIT could be called?!

Correct, GUI is made on swing and the same routine is placed on both X and File/Quit .
My assumption was wrong because I thought that this is caused due to system's style that is used.
But also that's why we added that check point on the data folder, to avoid those circumstances.

twospirit

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2015, 08:56:21 PM

new qora service leading a crypto (r)evolution
goo.gl/8BExJY
Grigorevich

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 10:23:32 AM

Could we please have more details on "Integrate Qora to Bitshares?" poll? I am sure most people don't know what exactly this means since there is not much information about it and what it could mean to Qora. I am one of these people and I cannot vote while some minimal more information isn't available.
Vrontis (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2015, 12:26:04 PM

I’m wondering if the current situation in Greece confirms my words regarding the Barter economy.

Reuters : Hay for cheese? Barter booms in cash-squeezed rural Greece
ZeroHedge : Total Collapse: Greece Reverts To Barter Economy For First Time Since Nazi Occupation

Quotation from Beyond Bitcoin Bonus Hangout - Qora : A Decentralized Web

"I believe there is something good in Qora that I would like to see it in an economy and hopefully in Greek economy. As I said before we have on Qora the asset exchange which gives you the ability to trade assets with assets.
This is the barter exchange, this is a kind of economy that does not need money. I am in Greece, we are a society that has many problems right now due to the financial crisis, economic crisis in Greece we have many problems. We have seen in the road we have a lot of homeless people, we have a lot of unemployment people, we have a lot of debts to pay. And the Greek society is actually driven by those big concerns. Why not introduce a feature that will let you directly change/trade your needs. I mean, I am a Developer, I can create a website and I will be rewarded by a restaurant that I have been working for it’s website. This is the barter exchange, this is a feature of Qora and to me this is a helpful movement for a society, an idea that can be really be implemented into society and may solve part of the problem, not of course the debt problem and everything, but I’m trying to expose a feature that Qora has and the problem that is here and how this can be tied in."

As Greece reverts to Barter Economy, could Qora be the mechanism that will be used for this?

Grigorevich

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 05:46:21 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2015, 06:11:21 PM by Grigorevich

Qora is better than TOR. Not only is it completely anonymous but also is completely decentralized. Governments worldwide will not have the power to track or remove information there. Qora is the people's defense against government's eternal surveillance. We must protect Qora.
This alone makes this coin better than any other in my opinion. Congratulations to everyone who has made this possible. May much more come and we never be satisfied on changing the world.

Seems like Qora outpaced Ethereum on AT and now is outpacing Maidsafe on decentralized internet.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:09:56 PM

Could we please have more details on "Integrate Qora to Bitshares?" poll? I am sure most people don't know what exactly this means since there is not much information about it and what it could mean to Qora. I am one of these people and I cannot vote while some minimal more information isn't available.

Same i want to know what this is about.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:14:49 PM

Same to me. Can someone release a decentralized blog post or something about this topic, please?

Why don't create a Qora blog on blockchain just for news?

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 09:24:07 PM

Qora is better than TOR. Not only is it completely anonymous but also is completely decentralized. Governments worldwide will not have the power to track or remove information there. Qora is the people's defense against government's eternal surveillance. We must protect Qora.
This alone makes this coin better than any other in my opinion. Congratulations to everyone who has made this possible. May much more come and we never be satisfied on changing the world.

Seems like Qora outpaced Ethereum on AT and now is outpacing Maidsafe on decentralized internet.

Exactly!!!

Same to me. Can someone release a decentralized blog post or something about this topic, please?

I'd like to see that too. Maybe someone from the BitShares community can clarify us some things regarding the integration.

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:59:47 AM

I’m wondering if the current situation in Greece confirms my words regarding the Barter economy.

Reuters : Hay for cheese? Barter booms in cash-squeezed rural Greece
ZeroHedge : Total Collapse: Greece Reverts To Barter Economy For First Time Since Nazi Occupation

Quotation from Beyond Bitcoin Bonus Hangout - Qora : A Decentralized Web

"I believe there is something good in Qora that I would like to see it in an economy and hopefully in Greek economy. As I said before we have on Qora the asset exchange which gives you the ability to trade assets with assets.
This is the barter exchange, this is a kind of economy that does not need money. I am in Greece, we are a society that has many problems right now due to the financial crisis, economic crisis in Greece we have many problems. We have seen in the road we have a lot of homeless people, we have a lot of unemployment people, we have a lot of debts to pay. And the Greek society is actually driven by those big concerns. Why not introduce a feature that will let you directly change/trade your needs. I mean, I am a Developer, I can create a website and I will be rewarded by a restaurant that I have been working for it’s website. This is the barter exchange, this is a feature of Qora and to me this is a helpful movement for a society, an idea that can be really be implemented into society and may solve part of the problem, not of course the debt problem and everything, but I’m trying to expose a feature that Qora has and the problem that is here and how this can be tied in."

As Greece reverts to Barter Economy, could Qora be the mechanism that will be used for this?

Vrontis

It was very nice hearing your opinions on the Beyond Bitcoin hangout.  A synergy between Qora and BitShares could very much help solve the problems in crypto and act as a leading way to store/transfer/use value.

What's interesting is that Varoufakis could also leverage crypto to further implement his "plan b."  He has not been the most supportive of Bitcoin however he is educated enough in finance to understand the crypto space.  The citizens of Greece are in an interesting spot in which crypto can assist with daily finances.

GoldenKnight369

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:53:43 AM

Wow,the new Qora website is awesome! It certainly has a super-techie, sophisticated feel!

I'm truly amazed by the quality of work delivered by the Qora dev team!  Cheesy Great Job x 1000!!!

Tweet: https://twitter.com/sandroieva/status/626740544836911104/photo/1

Tuck Fheman

Activity: 363

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 02:24:09 PM

BitShares will implement AT one day in the future, then it will be easy to have ACCT with BitShares.

However, that is quite a ways off from what Dan has stated publicly to date.

I believe this vote was to see if the Qora Community wanted to put Qora on the BitShares 2.0 chain as a bitAsset which would allow it to be traded with anything on BTS 2.0 exchange.

Maybe I have it wrong, fav can you clarify?

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 02:33:27 PM

BitShares will implement AT one day in the future, then it will be easy to have ACCT with BitShares.

However, that is quite a ways off from what Dan has stated publicly to date.

I believe this vote was to see if the Qora Community wanted to put Qora on the BitShares 2.0 chain as a bitAsset which would allow it to be traded with anything on BTS 2.0 exchange.

Maybe I have it wrong, fav can you clarify?

yep, the voting is just to see if qora holders are interested in working something out. there's no specific proposal yet

upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:48:17 PM

Just tested the Qora faucet and was fascinated how fast the coins where transferred to my wallet  Shocked
I clicked the faucet submit button and 1 second later, it popped up a incoming transaction message on my qora client.
I have never used a coin with such fast transactions. I guess i found my new favorite coin. Shocked Shocked
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 02:51:08 PM

I'd like to see that too. Maybe someone from the BitShares community can clarify us some things regarding the integration.

Would be great if someone could setup a blog. Something like the official Nxter.org magazine for Nxt would be nice. Further, if it is possible to implement a RSS feed for decentralized Qora blogs, i could ask a colleague of mine who runs coinyoo.com to integrate Qora news. As a result, the coin would get more attention.
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 01:04:41 AM

so whats with qora / bts?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
bobafett

Activity: 619

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 05:02:54 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2015, 05:43:21 AM by bobafett

-[ANNOUNCEMENT]- First Qora Forging Asset by burstcoin.de
New Asset with Monthly Payout of the Forging Income / Highly Secure

Asset Name – Qora Forging Asset / Highly Secure
Total number available – 100.000.000
Price –  1 qora
Asset Number (ID)–  100
Owner - QNuGxA287pdkJaRp4gpdRE5u5XXGpff2nB

100% Payout monthly of the income by forging.
This asset pays out 100% of the income generated by forging to the investors.

Guaranteed monthly payout! Every first day of the month i will payout all assets. Regardless how long you are owner oft them. Also if you bought the assets one day before the first.

Why and Save Investment! The payouts are made by forging of blocks. As more qora someone has, as more blocks could be generated. Also the chance of generating a block with high fees is higher than if you solo forge.  

Instant Cashout without loss. If I stop paying out the asset, then i will buyback all sold assets. For this i will place a buy back order.

Bobafett is my username in Bitcointalk.org and burstforum.com.  I´m mining and investing in Burst since the beginning. I invested over 10000 Euros since now in Burst (bought with btc) and mining hardware. Until now i never sold any of my coins because i really belive this coin has a bright future. Now i joined the qora community, as qora could do ACCT with Burst.

Burstcoin.de is the name oft the german website of burst , with mining guides, best practises, how tos, a manual for beginners, example hardwares from my miners, scripts for tracking the mining tasks, news over burst, etc. and information for the german community is actually daily added.

Pool.burstcoin.de is the Pool of Burstcoin.de. Hardware Dual Quad Core Xeon with 3.0 Ghz, 24GB Ram, Internet 1GBit with DDos Protectoin, Fail Safe Replicated Host with Fallback, Geo location Germnany Quality Made in Germany, Pool Software Urays V2 pool modified and error fixed Version from Blago (thanks to blago for the support)

Payout DONE
Code:
QYsLsfwMRBPnunmuWmFkM4hvGsfooY8ssU Qora 2,911.34298000
QV3t8kg7cvskzHoNNiALp8ZKwFtY6uBgt4 Qora 1,462.98642000
QiGx93L9rNHSNWCY1bJnQTPwB3nhxYTCUj Qora 1,462.98642000
QjUHBc3dXvVjezvwtRWkGy6yevDibxqNTo Qora 146.29860000
QZmuYnEEAQ2767B2MuoJeprGnf6nRPzaoV Qora 14.62986000
QMNdPz11XubtvxXLGeiG3PHKaQW67LkZMp Qora 1.46298000
QWQ6zNJofMv18UHMosYSUXQnRmw8MhqTtK Qora 0.29256000

Scheduled next payment:

Recent Payouts:
01.07.2015 5000 Qora was sent to investors.
01.08.2015 6000 Qora was sent to investors.

Comments:
Since 0.22 is out there are much transactions with fees in gen block. bevore there where over 2 weeks all blocks with zero fee. so i think next month we see a big increase!

You can still invest!. Get a lifetime interest for your investment with monthly payout. JUMP IN!

How to buy:
1. open your wallet
2. go to tab assets
3. click on all assets
4. go to asset ID 100, doubleclick
5. click on "open qora pair"
6. on the left upper side you find "sell qora"
7. put in the left upper field price "1"
8. put in in the amount field, the amount you want to buy, for example if you want to buy 100k, put in 100000
9. click on the sell button (the left one)
10. finish.
twospirit

Activity: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 06:32:26 AM

I see Poloniex now pays full 1 Qora fee, good to see.
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 09:05:38 AM

Yeap, they withdraw again after over six weeks without any message why the function was disabled. i would not trust them anymore.
I see Poloniex now pays full 1 Qora fee, good to see.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: