Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:27:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mycelium for iOS not working  (Read 4959 times)
fryarminer (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:12:06 AM

Hey has anyone else run into a problem with Mycelium on iOS in the last couple days? I can't spend my Bitcoin, or back up my wallet, and it's not even showing in the App Store anymore. What's going on, and how can I get my Bitcoin out of this wallet now?!
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 12:52:12 PM

Hey has anyone else run into a problem with Mycelium on iOS in the last couple days? I can't spend my Bitcoin, or back up my wallet, and it's not even showing in the App Store anymore. What's going on, and how can I get my Bitcoin out of this wallet now?!

Do you have your seed words written down somewhere?

Are you only using the one default account, or did you create more than one?
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:46:53 PM

It would not recognize my seed. I get the impression that the app doesn't work without their back end servers and both their servers are down and the app is pulled from the App Store. That's what I think is going on.
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:49:11 PM

Sorry, didn't answer your other question: I only used the one account for that app, and yes I have the seed words written down from the last back up.
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:55:16 PM

just import the private key into another client like electrum  Wink
btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 05:08:00 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 02:59:36 PM by btchris

It would not recognize my seed. I get the impression that the app doesn't work without their back end servers and both their servers are down and the app is pulled from the App Store. That's what I think is going on.

Sorry, didn't answer your other question: I only used the one account for that app, and yes I have the seed words written down from the last back up.

I can't speak to why it's not currently working, but if you just want to get the funds out of your wallet and transferred to a different one easily, there is an option for you.

Install MultiBit HD Beta from here: https://beta.multibit.org/

When you first run it, choose "Restore wallet" (not "Restore password from seed", that's something different), and in the next screen be sure to choose Mycelium in the "which wallet created this seed" drop-down box.

Just please be aware that:
  • Multibit HD is still in Beta, and the devs don't advise using it for much beyond testing purposes (although it works for me FWIW)
  • If you've created multiple accounts in Mycelium, this will only recover the first
  • Multibit HD isn't free; it has a 0.00001 BTC per transaction fee which helps support development

There are other ways to get to your bitcoin, but this way is probably the easiest option.

Electrum is not compatible with Mycelium seeds. MultiBit HD and Mycelium for Android are the only wallets I'm aware of which are compatible (see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1000544.0)
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:18:01 PM

I can't speak to why it's not currently working, but if you just want to get the funds out of your wallet and transferred to a different one easily, there is an option for you.

Install MultiBit HD Beta from here: https://beta.multibit.org/

When you first run it, choose "Restore wallet" (not "Restore password from seed", that's something different), and in the next screen be sure to choose Mycelium in the "which wallet created this seed" drop-down box.

Just please be aware that:
  • Multibit HD is still in Beta, and the devs don't advice using it for much beyond testing purposes (although it works for me FWIW)
  • Multibit HD isn't free; it has a 0.00001 BTC per transaction fee which helps support development

There are other ways to get to your bitcoin, but this way is probably the easiest option.

Electrum is not compatible. MultiBit HD and Mycelium for Android are the only wallets I'm aware of which are compatible (see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1000544.0)

Thank you! You rule!! I'll do this.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 08:02:15 PM

Here's the info on all that http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/31o5zn/mycelium_ios_wallet_status_update/
LOBSTER

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 10:13:28 AM

I had problems too. It seems as everything is working fine now. Maybe restart you device.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 01:20:39 AM

I had problems too. It seems as everything is working fine now. Maybe restart you device.

You restarted it and it's working fine??? Please make sure you have a backup!
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:32:30 AM

I have this problem too Sad. I am following this Redit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/317tys/psa_warning_mycelium_for_ios_read/
It seems that we have to wait for fix. Fortunately I have only some satoshi there.
LOBSTER

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 01:45:49 PM

Thanks for that advice!

To be honest, I was stupid. I forgot to restart my device and now everything works. Thanks Cheesy
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:05:02 PM

Thanks for that advice!

To be honest, I was stupid. I forgot to restart my device and now everything works. Thanks Cheesy

Restarting didn't work for me.

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the android app on an android phone, and then entering in the seed phrase to transfer the funds from the iOS wallet to the android. Then I moved the funds to a more reliable wallet for now.
Now I'll wait until they have updated the iOS app to decide what I want to do.

LOBSTER

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:05:51 PM

Thanks for that advice!

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the android app on an android phone, and then entering in the seed phrase to transfer the funds from the iOS wallet to the android. Then I moved the funds to a more reliable wallet for now.

That's ridiculous. For me, everything works fine now. Is there an option to delete the MyCelium cache?
fryarminer (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:19:20 PM

Thanks for that advice!

That's ridiculous. For me, everything works fine now. Is there an option to delete the MyCelium cache?

If you delete the cache you lose your wallet right? And what guarantee that you will be able to reload your wallet from the seed?

For full disclosure, I've given some pretty awesome reviews of Mycelium in the past. So I do really like the wallet. They just need to finish fixing this bug and wait the eternal Apple Approval process.
kpitti
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 01:16:56 PM

Thanks for that advice!

It help you to restart your iPhone? I restart as well, but it does not help and according the information in Reddit it`s a problem of newest Mycelium for IOS version.
ffe

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:50:27 PM

Restart didn't work for me either.

iPhone 6 and Mycelium v1.1
apollojmr

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

The Power Of The Coin Is Awesome!!

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:10:37 PM

I had another wallet set up in Mycelium as a savings and when I lost it on ios I tried to re seed to Multibit with some success. However I only got the main wallet and not the savings wallet that I had. I have had constant communication with the support at Mycelium though and they assured me the new version is submitted to Apple and they are just waiting on approval. I hope its fast because I want to try to get my coins back.

What you think you become. Bitrated user: apollojmr.
btchris

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 02:54:02 PM

However I only got the main wallet and not the savings wallet that I had.

Do you mean that you had two accounts set up in Mycelium, both from the same seed?

If so, and if you're desperate, there is a way to import your second account into an Electrum 2.x wallet. I'll write up some instructions if you like, however:
  • it's not very safe, since you'll be dealing with your seed and an extended private key,
  • therefore after doing this sort of import, you should probably transfer all your btc to a new wallet and stop using the old one.

Let me know....
kpitti
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:00:42 PM

I had another wallet set up in Mycelium as a savings and when I lost it on ios I tried to re seed to Multibit with some success. However I only got the main wallet and not the savings wallet that I had. I have had constant communication with the support at Mycelium though and they assured me the new version is submitted to Apple and they are just waiting on approval. I hope its fast because I want to try to get my coins back.

Thank you for your effort and putting information here. Would be good if someone from Mycelium team put some effort too and inform as about what they are doing. We have our btc stuck there Sad.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: