Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:03:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pirate paying back investors within a week OR two?  (Read 4796 times)
alexanderanon

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:26:22 AM

Pirate is going to be crucified by his investors if he doesn't pay back, just by the sheer quantity of coins stolen, and the quantity of people who know exactly who he is IRL.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 08:30:48 AM

Pirate is going to be crucified by his investors if he doesn't pay back, just by the sheer quantity of coins stolen, and the quantity of people who know exactly who he is IRL.
Does anyone you know IRL know who he is IRL?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 05:09:18 PM

Omg..

Maged..   who are you refering to as "Team Ponzi" ?     that made me laugh...

Are you refering to the Dinner table photo ? with goat with the finger ?  Cheesy  lol

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:54:15 PM

Omg..

Are you refering to the Dinner table photo ? with goat with the finger ?  Cheesy  lol

I think team ponzi is all the "Ponzi!" screamers.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 08:13:21 PM

Omg..

PONZI!

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 08:13:58 PM

Omg..

PONZI!

Yes, like that.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 09:08:04 PM

You know I said that I hope I'm wrong and that Pirate isn't a Ponzi and can, by some miracle, pay everyone back. Well, I take that back. I now really hope that Pirate is a Ponzi scheme and defaults on a significant fraction of existing obligations.

No, it's not because I love a good, "I told you so!". I do, of course. Who doesn't? But that's not the reason.

The reason is that if Pirate somehow pays everyone back, a dozen new Ponzi schemes will pop up. And whenever sane, rational people point out that has every single conceivable sign of a Ponzi scheme and only an idiot would invest, someone will point out that that's what people said about Pirate.

The only way I can see to get Bitcoin away from being a haven for HYIP scams is for there to be a very public, very painful collapse. So I now officially hope everyone with Pirate exposure gets screwed as hard as possible -- for the good of Bitcoin.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 09:10:17 PM

The only way I can see to get Bitcoin away from being a haven for HYIP scams is for there to be a very public, very painful collapse. So I now officially hope everyone with Pirate exposure gets screwed as hard as possible -- for the good of Bitcoin.
+100

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 09:10:30 PM

You know I said that I hope I'm wrong and that Pirate isn't a Ponzi and can, by some miracle, pay everyone back. Well, I take that back. I now really hope that Pirate is a Ponzi scheme and defaults on a significant fraction of existing obligations.

No, it's not because I love a good, "I told you so!". I do, of course. Who doesn't? But that's not the reason.

The reason is that if Pirate somehow pays everyone back, a dozen new Ponzi schemes will pop up. And whenever sane, rational people point out that has every single conceivable sign of a Ponzi scheme and only an idiot would invest, someone will point out that that's what people said about Pirate.

this ^+1

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2012, 09:14:14 PM

All of this.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 09:53:00 PM

I would be happy to met you in Miami, show you where I sleep. Show you 2 forms of ID. You can come into my home. Meet my pets. I can link you any number of social networks with a few hundred connections.

And you'd have no idea who I am. Fake IDs are cheap, a good scannable holographic for my state around $300. Student ID or health card around $50. I have power and water bill as well Smiley Apartment is subleased with hand written lease. Sub letter has never seen my ID (fake or real) All my mail goes to a different apartment number. There's no way for you to ever figure out who I was. If you did I always carry a gun. People need to realize how meaningless all this stuff is.
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:02:35 PM

That sounds like an extremely paranoid way to live (unless you're a fugitive)
gene

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:11:49 PM

Bitcoin-otc:
[2012-08-17 16:17:57] <pirateat40> Azelphur, personally. BST is over 500k BTC
Pirate was identified with both Nickserv and gribble.

Does the IRC server log ip addresses? What other information may be logged?

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:17:57 PM

I have to live like this cuz adults made decision to put substance into their own bodies and I gave them a safe way to do so, fuck me, right.
Don't take this personally but gold-plated pensions for prison guards don't grow on trees and neither do the contracts to build the prisons nor opportunity for bored cops to play soldier with fancy military toys. It's all for the greater good, you see.

Besides if those substances were legal competition would drive down your profit margins into the single digit percentages, just like regular retailers.
556j

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:35:24 PM

I have to live like this cuz adults made decision to put substance into their own bodies and I gave them a safe way to do so, fuck me, right.
Don't take this personally but gold-plated pensions for prison guards don't grow on trees and neither do the contracts to build the prisons nor opportunity for bored cops to play soldier with fancy military toys. It's all for the greater good, you see.

Besides if those substances were legal competition would drive down your profit margins into the single digit percentages, just like regular retailers.

Glad you snipped some of that post because after about two min of consideration I decided I don't need to post that kind of stuff here. What remains is fine though. And I know exactly what you mean, my state is (I think?) leading in privatized prisons, another assualt on human rights. Don't get me started on police. Alcohol and tobacco lobbying have a lot to do with it as well.
556j

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:36:44 PM

Bitcoin-otc:

IP address really? What is VPN, TOR, Public wifi, https://www.wpacracker.com/, ect...

IP address is useless.
Coinoisseur

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:40:21 PM

If the information was made public I'm sure we could find out quickly how much of it is fake.

I had a thought.... what if unthinkable happens, miracle of sorts. That anonymous guy who holds right now reportedly 500k BTC of sucker's money will somehow give to those suckers ~600k BTC indeed. Hypothetically speaking. Would I need to apologize? I thought and thought and pondered this unlikely eventuality... and no I will not apologize.

Well maybe, just maybe, I would apologize to some specific person if I really said something real wrong...

Otherwise, hell no! Whatever will happen to the pirates op, tomorrow another anonymous personage starts another ponzi looking op, I will say the same thing again. I have nothing to apologize for in either case, and it is not my mission to please anyone here.

What makes your proof of identity any better than Pirate's?  His name, face, birthdate, and location are all known by me and others who invested.  I know you are a Russian in the UK named Vladimir and that is it.  Don't give me any shit about being well known because pirate is too, just by a different clique.  I don't know any of your contacts.  But I didn't insult your business until I gave you money and was disappointed.

At this point deposits are closed, so you're not saving anyone anymore.

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                          
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                            
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                              
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:45:43 PM

Bitcoin-otc:

IP address really? What is VPN, TOR, Public wifi, https://www.wpacracker.com/, ect...

IP address is useless.
Not so. LulzSec hacker used VPN and it was just a simple matter of going to the VPN provider and have them hand over all details. Now he is in jail.

Surely, pirateat might have used more protection than just a vpn, but then again he might not.

Quote:
Hackers have already expressed already dismay after it emerged that that Cody Kretsinger, who was arrested by the FBI last Thursday for allegedly hacking into the Sony Pictures website, had been identified via his use of HideMyAss's proxy service to disguise his IP (internet protocol) address when connecting to the Sony Pictures site.

556j

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:52:48 PM

Bitcoin-otc:

IP address is useless.
Not so. LulzSec hacker used VPN and it was just a simple matter of going to the VPN provider and have them hand over all details. Now he is in jail.

Surely, pirateat might have used more protection than just a vpn, but then again he might not.

Quote:
Hackers have already expressed already dismay after it emerged that that Cody Kretsinger, who was arrested by the FBI last Thursday for allegedly hacking into the Sony Pictures website, had been identified via his use of HideMyAss's proxy service to disguise his IP (internet protocol) address when connecting to the Sony Pictures site.

I give pirate more credit than some young dumbass that trusts a public proxy. If he setup gpumax I can comfortably say he's way smarter than I am when comes to technology and even I have the ability to never be found via IP. Maybe I'm spoiled by city wide free wifi and about 50 open networks in range on my wireless card. But the main point is witchhunt based on IP is dangerous if he was using some open network or that cracker site I mentioned, as some innocent will end up dead.
gene

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 10:55:42 PM

I give pirate more credit than some young dumbass that trusts a public proxy. If he setup gpumax I can comfortably say he's way smarter than I am when comes to technology and even I have the ability to never be found via IP. Maybe I'm spoiled by city wide free wifi and about 50 open networks in range on my wireless card. But the main point is witchhunt based on IP is dangerous if he was using some open network or that cracker site I mentioned, as some innocent will end up dead.

Doesn't mean one shouldn't try. It's another data point.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: