Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What can I do?  (Read 2159 times)
jorjito25 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:33:58 AM

I had a deal with one user, I gave him a loan 0.02 and he told me to repay 0.025 in 48 hours.
He give his password to have his account as collateral so I send him the money first and after this he changed password again so I couldnt take his account.

I know is my fault and I should take his account first but I didnt.
Now I hope that he repay but in case of default what could I do?

I have all the proof and signed message and everything. ..
Thanks!!
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Josepht

Activity: 1008
Merit: 515

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 10:36:18 AM

Well, there isn't much you can do to get those BTC back then waiting.
If he doesn't pay you back within the 48 hours, you can create a thread in the scam accusation board. If you post the proofs there, he will get negative feedback.

I can't think of anything else you can do.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:39:14 AM

I had a deal with one user, I gave him a loan 0.02 and he told me to repay 0.025 in 48 hours.
He give his password to have his account as collateral so I send him the money first and after this he changed password again so I couldnt take his account.

Thanks!!

You should have used always a trusted escrow for held the collateral, now as Josepht you can only open a scam accusation and try to convince that user to repay the loan (but I a m not sure he will repay it) however is this (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=406984) the account?

He changed the password in these two moment (as you said):

Today at 12:33:37 AM - TXWA - password changed
April 06, 2015, 11:08:35 PM - TXWA - password changed

https://bitcointalk.org/seclog.php
jorjito25 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:41:16 AM

Thanks!!

You should have used always a trusted escrow for held the collateral, now as Josepht you can only open a scam accusation and try to convince that user to repay the loan (but I a m not sure he will repay it) however is this (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=406984) the account?

He changed the password in these two moment:

Yes thats the account!
Maybe mods could give me the account if he dosent repay?
Since I can prove it I hope a mod could do something...
Thanks guys!
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:43:01 AM

Thanks!!

Yes thats the account!
Thanks guys!

No, the staff team doesn't involve in this type of situation. The only thing you can do is contact that user and try to convince him and obviously open a scam accusation (if he will not repay you, and these 48 are passed).
jorjito25 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:46:15 AM

Thanks!!

Yes thats the account!
Thanks guys!

No, the staff team doesn't involve in this type of situation. The only thing you can do is contact that user and try to convince him and obviously open a scam accusation (if he will not repay you, and these 48 are passed).

Ok ill do that! Thank you very much.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:18:43 PM

Why did you seriously think that you would be able to recover an account that you are holding as collateral if you do not have 100% control of the account? That is like accepting a promise that someone will give you collateral when they default.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:21:39 PM

Why did you seriously think that you would be able to recover an account that you are holding as collateral if you do not have 100% control of the account? That is like accepting a promise that someone will give you collateral when they default.

Yes you are right, it is the same error that I have made (with a collateral). I didn't change the email address, because I thought it was random but someone noticed it (probably, because it was not hide to the "public) and he has registered (the email) and took the account.

OP, you should be very diligent with the collateral and as I said previously use always a trusted escrow.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 12:24:48 PM

I left a neutral on the account to not lend to it until you are paid back. If he fails to pay you back post a scam thread and message me... I will leave a negative. Honestly the fact that he took it back already is pretty bad either way.
redsn0w
Legendary

#Free market

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 12:29:17 PM

I left a neutral on the account to not lend to it until you are paid back. If he fails to pay you back post a scam thread and message me... I will leave a negative. Honestly the fact that he took it back already is pretty bad either way.

It is very strange because I know he (or they) are managing this service : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=954370.0;topicseen  as written in the thread "We're glad to announce TOXCOIN Bitcoin Exchange - a new and easy way to buy and sell Bitcoins."

So why ruin a reputation for only 0.02 btc, this is insane or am I wrong?
jorjito25 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:53:35 PM

Ty!! I think the same... Once he did this I think is not going to repay.

It is very strange because I know he (or they) are managing this service : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=954370.0;topicseen  as written in the thread "We're glad to announce TOXCOIN Bitcoin Exchange - a new and easy way to buy and sell Bitcoins."

So why ruin a reputation for only 0.02 btc, this is insane or am I wrong?

Yeah! For 5 fucking dollars. Ridiculus!!
jorjito25 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 01:57:28 PM

He gave me the password but I dont know why I send him the money first and I wasnt drunk lol.
Then he changed password again. ..

Anyway no one with a brain will default this loan and ruin an account that worth more and ruin toxcoin. ..
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:04:50 PM

He gave me the password but I dont know why I send him the money first and I wasnt drunk lol.
Then he changed password again. ..

Anyway no one with a brain will default this loan and ruin an account that worth more and ruin toxcoin. ..
It is understandable if you were intoxicated however that does not mean that others should bail you out. You should always make sure that any collateral being used to secure a loan is 100% in control by either you or a trusted escrow prior to you funding the loan, even if you are inebriated (especially so).
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:09:27 PM

You state that the email address was random and public , so did the real owner changed the password or some random guy made a new account considering it never existed and changed it ? If that's the case , the real owner is fucked as well because i see his service thread and i don't think someone would want to ruin their repo for such a case. Still hope everything works out good for you and Him.
jorjito25 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:21:09 PM

You state that the email address was random and public , so did the real owner changed the password or some random guy made a new account considering it never existed and changed it ? If that's the case , the real owner is fucked as well because i see his service thread and i don't think someone would want to ruin their repo for such a case. Still hope everything works out good for you and Him.

Lets see what happen.
We will know soon!
zcxvbs

Activity: 630

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:18:05 PM

Lets see what happen.
We will know soon!

It's already a scam accusation, he changed the account password that means he broke the contract, so I don't think he will pay you back, just start a scam accusation to push him to pay back.
jorjito25 (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:05:02 PM

Lets see what happen.
We will know soon!

It's already a scam accusation, he changed the account password that means he broke the contract, so I don't think he will pay you back, just start a scam accusation to push him to pay back.

He was online and didnt answer me.
How can I start the scam accusation?
abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:08:33 PM

Lets see what happen.
We will know soon!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260073.0  there you will find all the information to start a scam accusation. You should open it right now! Because you haven't the collateral.
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 04:11:55 PM

Lets see what happen.
We will know soon!

You have to start a thread in the Scam Accusations board, following the sticky instruction, here. I quoted escrow.ms post for a quick reference:

Scam Report Format

Code:
[b][color=black]What happened:: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Scammers Profile Link: [/color][/b]

[b][color=black]Reference Link: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Amount Scammed: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Payment Method: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Proof of Payment: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]PM/Chat Logs: [/color][/b]
[b][color=black]Additional Notes: [/color][/b]
Copy and paste it in new thread then fill all data.

Scam report example:

What happened::
I saw escrow.ms's lolipop thread 4 days ago and placed a order for 1000 lolipops. After I sent him payment, he just went offline and never came back. I think he's a big liar and a scam artist. Stay away from him.

Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=76380

Reference Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=260070.0

Amount Scammed: 2 BTC/$176.40
Payment Method: Bitcoins
Proof of Payment:
http://blockchain.info/tx/b80f35cebae98fcbd8eb0e2eaea6def41f90ad01086ad830ba23094ac3c3b165

PM/Chat Logs: https://i.imgur.com/8UbLVSc.png
Additional Notes: I advise you to not deal with this user until this dispute is resolved.

Some Tips

Use escrow and be safe.

Edit: @abyrnes81 - It seems we were writing the same answer at the same time. This time you win!  Wink

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:34:29 PM

Nobody else found it weird that a owner of an exchange was asking for such a little loan?

Changing the password before paying the loan back is a good enough reason for negative feedback.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: