Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:05:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for deposit-takers  (Read 893 times)
IveBeenBit (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 02:26:52 PM

Hashking, Patrick, Victor, Ziggy & anyone else who accepts deposits:

I'm curious if any of you guys have seen a wave of withdrawal requests since the pirate chaos happened. I'm more curious than anything, because there's another deposit taker on these forums who was "not exposed to Pirate" that I always privately suspected of running a de facto pirate passthrough without his depositors' knowledge. This deposit taker went into default a few days after Pirate closed up shop, and blamed it on a sudden deluge of withdrawals in the aftermath of BTCST closing down. So I'm wondering if pulling your deposits is the new "thing to do," or if this phenomenon is confined to just this one deposit taker.

I also have mixed feelings about if I should have aired my suspicions and circumstantial evidence in public weeks ago. We've all seen how Micon & others approached their issues with Pirate and I think the resulting circus was bad for the forum's atmosphere. I didn't want to be "that guy" but I also don't want to see people get ripped off. So that's sort of a private ethical question that I'm wrestling with and would be interested in hearing any perspectives on that as well.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 02:35:09 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if there were "hidden" pirate passthrough yes.

By the way who is this deposit taker who closed up shop?
IveBeenBit (OP)

Activity: 449

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 03:02:13 PM

As I said I am hesitant to be the source of more forum drama, but also think that I maybe should have said something a month ago. See my 2nd paragraph in the OP if you want to help untangle my dilemma.
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 03:21:23 PM

As I said I am hesitant to be the source of more forum drama, but also think that I maybe should have said something a month ago. See my 2nd paragraph in the OP if you want to help untangle my dilemma.

You're right, it did ruined the atmosphere of the forum. That the main problem I had with team ponzi.
VEscudero
Donator

Activity: 335

Bitcoin, Ripple & Blockchain pioneer

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 06:31:23 PM

I cannot speak for Hasking, Patrick or Ziggy but I have not seen a wave of withdrawal requests, at least in in my deposit since the pirate issue. Things have been more or less the same in this last wee, in fact 7 investors made new deposits and an equal number of them withdrawn. The total amount of bitcoins in my deposit is almost the same as well.

I think this the pirate issue is going to help us separate the wheat from the chaff.

https://www.vescudero.net   ★ VEscudero's Blog about cybersecurity, blockchain, bitcoin and open source ★
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 09:25:45 PM

I have had a few withdrawals, but nothing out of the ordinary.
fabrizziop

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 01:33:58 AM

Anyways if people notice more withdrawals the cause could be that they want to panic sell or anything.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: