Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:27:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency  (Read 5693 times)
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:22:35 AM

Money is a tool
Currency is the character of money

If you ask bitcoin money or currency? I'll answer bitcoin is money and bitcoin is currency (not limited in certain countries only) the definition of currency you create should be updated with the presence of bitcoin. Technological developments have had a positive impact on humans. Bitcoin is a product of technology that has high characteristics.

Cryptocurrency is a virtual currency, the use of virtual currency increased in 2015 ago. People generally only use physical money as a means of transactions but with the new innovation technology emerging and virtual currency will be the most important part of humanity in the future. I'm sure the definition of the currency you write is made before the presence of virtual currency so they only limit the currency to a country only.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cairo18

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 12:46:00 PM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?
My friend bitcoin is a currency because we have i a world of crypto and bitcoin is a king of all coins.But we consider also as a money after we converted bitcoin into fiat.

For  me I think bitcoin and currency are the same cause bitcoin gathers more  points to convert as money while currency is also points to have but it is a real money to pay with out any converting.
pluMmet

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 01:04:25 PM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

My friend bitcoin is a currency because we have i a world of crypto and bitcoin is a king of all coins.But we consider also as a money after we converted bitcoin into fiat.

For  me I think bitcoin and currency are the same cause bitcoin gathers more  points to convert as money while currency is also points to have but it is a real money to pay with out any converting.
I have the same that bitcoin and the money was the same just sometimes people look of digital and not her alone, but bitcoin also is the money in the form of digital is not a real that we can hold physically
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:05:18 PM

In my country, Croatia, bitcoin is not money or currency.
Bitcoin is not financial asset as well.
It's according to the official statement of the Croatian central bank.
Just recently tax office gave guidance how to report income from bitcoin, once when we echange funds to flat money.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Ronyx

Activity: 525
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:39:19 PM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Both can be called for bitcoin, bitcoin can exceed it and bitcoin can also be called an asset, which longer hold bitcoin will produce more profit.

shalaza

Activity: 283

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:42:04 PM

Bitcoin is currency
Lwtelencio

Activity: 253

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:17:20 AM

mon·ey (noun)

---

bitcoin is money  and same as currency bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and use for world wide as a digital money.
tinystone26

Activity: 434

Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:26:13 AM

Yes for it is a bitcoin money and currency because it has a value it can use as a payment on any online transaction to pay our bills etc. That's it is not a problem to me to think what type of thing is bitcoin for me.

▶ ▶ T O K E N D A T A   |   UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE WORLD'S CRYPTO DATA   |   T O K E N D A T A ◄ ◄
GET WHITELISTED [ REGISTER NOW ]   ❖   WHITEPAPER   ❖   ANN THREAD   ❖
■  TWITTER  ■  LINKEDIN  ■  TELEGRAM  ■  FACEBOOK  ■  MEDIUM  ■  DISCORD  ■  REDDIT  ■
Morkhart

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:12:03 AM

I believe that money and also currency bitcoin cannot b spend anywhere but it can be converted into money of any country.  Currency and money  can be touched but bitcoin cannot b touched.
dolagani

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 05:04:29 PM

Bitcoin is decentralized electronic money. It is something accepted as a medium of exchange or means of payment. So in my opinoin and the way I understand bitcoin it is considered as money or a currency but in an electronic form.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:16:51 PM

mon·ey (noun)

---

bitcoin is money  and same as currency bitcoin is a cryptocurrency and use for world wide as a digital money.

Bitcoin is electronic money only which is decentralised.Bitcoin is used as a mode of transaction only.People use bitcoin for their day to day activities.They hold their some bitcoins and spend the rest of it.People use bitcoin in order to earn money in a shorter duration of time.Bitcoin cannot be called as a currency.It is not accepted internationally and is even banned in some nations.It is used by a small percentage of people only.
Williams_Leo

Activity: 207
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:31:05 PM

mon·ey (noun)

---

To choose the currencies to invest in the current money nasty I decide to spend in the virtual currency. Many people believe that Bitcoin is unlikely to maintain its status in the future, but this is not true because the money is always reliable.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
nightfury

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:06:44 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency in its form (binary form) so you can trade bitcoin into other alts from an exchange because you are going to do that as binary form. On the other hand, it can also be called as money the moment you exchange your cryptos to fiat.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:15:11 PM

The same .. because of cryptocurrency we have real money .. so much of our thanks  because bitco comes as bitcoin ..
Surge_Dev

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:32:46 PM

Bitcoin is not money in the classical sense.From the classical properties of money: absolute liquidity, the ability to measure the value of goods and the preservation of value-it is only a stretch to the first, it can be a good tool for speculative investment, but it is not a tool for reliable calculations, savings or equivalent cost.
welliamy

Activity: 78
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:36:28 PM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Bitcoin is mostly about anonymous transactions,digital currency doing on an anonymous basis
Digital currency is now a misnomer for bitcoin it can be used as currency
But it can be used for many things like money
Cryptocurrencies are referred to as "DIGITAL MONEY".

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
terbetet

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:57:18 PM

mon·ey (noun)

---

For me, if I will be critically understand the meaning you have given, it can act as both. Bitcoin in terms of money is an exchange wherein it is a crypto coin but the matter is it is a digital coin that is a medium itself collectively. In terms of a currency, Bitcoin was a currency that is to be specific, a cryptocurrency because it is a money system that was already been widely used not just in a particular country but rather around the world and considerably coined as an international digital currency. So for me, Bitcoin was considerably a money and at the same time, a currency.

schatzi

Activity: 116

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:11:54 PM

For me bitcoin is the best money like if we use to its nature it is really secure and safe for the bitcoin users and bitcoin era is coming then every one will use this currency the salaries will be paid by organization in the form of bitcoin and crypto So i would like to save my crypto for now and it is good to invest in these currencies so may this will provide me a profit in the future.
Nylelyn

Activity: 296
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:34:41 PM

For me bitcoin is a currency but in a digital form, it is not yet issued by the government and banks but it has a purchasing power for goods and services. It can be exchange into a  fiat money. Its unique quality is the reason why people are amazed with bitcoin and as a result demand for bitcoin is increasing in volume.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WORLDOPOLY ◈     ▐   FACEBOOKANN THREADTELEGRAM ┃ TWITTER ┃ INSTAGRAM           ▌    JOIN OUR ICO  26 Feb-21 Jun
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Mapalast

Activity: 87
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:45:54 PM

mon·ey (noun)

---

it is obviouly clear that bitcoin is a kind of currency that can be used for some transactions or exchange just like what money function is
but the definition you mentioned  is unrelevant. although the cyptocurrency is bitcoin doesn't mean that the real form of it is coin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: