Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:55:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCMiner - An advanced upcoming GUI.  (Read 3987 times)
SomeoneWeird (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 01:32:00 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2011, 11:55:45 AM by SomeoneWeird

Well im writing a GUI, hopefully everyone will like it. It will only support poclbm for version 1, but eventually im going to add:

- Support for all major miners
- Support for all major pool & custom/solo
- Support for custom accounts and miner settings
- Custom fan controls
- Disabling miner for a certain period if temp get's too high (user configurable)
- JSON support and realtime pool updates

At the moment it's not much, but im hoping for a couple of donations to keep me enthusiastic about it Smiley

Anyone who donates >=0.5btc will get a beta version and anyone that donates >=1btc will get their name mentioned in the credits Smiley

Screenshots:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 01:57:14 PM

Updated with screenshots Smiley

Anyone have any advice?
Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 02:07:04 PM

As long as you don't make it open source/post the code, I don't think anyone here will take the program seriously. Too many scams going on and people are just trying to be careful.
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 02:09:59 PM

Yeah I am going to when it's finished Smiley It's written in C#, so it will probably only work on windows, unless I get enough donations to port it over to wine.
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2011, 02:46:23 PM

Thanks for the donations guys Smiley Currently got about 0.1btc worth, keep it up and this should be out within a couple of days Cheesy

Just finished the accounts loading/saving and the arguments and stuff, now all I need is to get monitoring working, shouldn't be too hard Smiley

SW-
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 12:41:17 AM

No replies? Currently have 0.2 in donations. Sad
Zagitta

Activity: 302
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 02:34:23 AM

Garbage...

1) The gui looks aweful (IMO)...
2) Using the AREO glass extensively will make the program win 7 / vista only
3) AREO uses GPU power = bad thing when you want to get the highest possibly hashrate
4) where's the Edit/delete miner button?
5) Pools, how about adding support for people adding custom pools? say their own or a new one you might not have updated it to include the URL of?
6) Is this using WPF? because you kinda want to avoid that aswell because it uses gpu resources too.
7) have you actually looked into reading fanspeed, etc from c#? because without having looked into it i doubt it's easy as c# generally doesn't have much hardware level acess API's

That's about it for my thoghts, don't take it personally but rather as constructive critique Smiley

SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 02:42:31 AM

Garbage...

1) The gui looks aweful (IMO)...
2) Using the AREO glass extensively will make the program win 7 / vista only
3) AREO uses GPU power = bad thing when you want to get the highest possibly hashrate
4) where's the Edit/delete miner button?
5) Pools, how about adding support for people adding custom pools? say their own or a new one you might not have updated it to include the URL of?
6) Is this using WPF? because you kinda want to avoid that aswell because it uses gpu resources too.
7) have you actually looked into reading fanspeed, etc from c#? because without having looked into it i doubt it's easy as c# generally doesn't have much hardware level acess API's

That's about it for my thoghts, don't take it personally but rather as constructive critique Smiley

1. Thanks Smiley
2 & 3. Yes, I know it uses gpu resources, but it uses very minimal, and it detects if it's running on xp and changed the gui accordingly.
4. When you create a miner another tab gets added and the features are on the new tab.
5. Added to the list Smiley
6. No, it's windows forms.
7. It's actually quite easy using interops (from C/C++)
EpicBacon

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 02:54:21 AM

Cool. Enjoy the donation. Smiley
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 02:59:58 AM

Cool. Enjoy the donation. Smiley

Thanks, got any requests?
EpicBacon

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 03:02:21 AM
Last edit: May 28, 2011, 03:35:31 AM by EpicBacon

Not yet, maybe I will after I test the beta Tongue

edit - The ability to change the white background colour.
Oh, and the ability to read JSON API's so i don't have to use the windows sidebar gadget (i'm not sure how realistic this request is for a miner, but it would be an awesome feature)
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 08:53:45 AM

Not yet, maybe I will after I test the beta Tongue

edit - The ability to change the white background colour.
Oh, and the ability to read JSON API's so i don't have to use the windows sidebar gadget (i'm not sure how realistic this request is for a miner, but it would be an awesome feature)

I'm hoping this is going to end up as an AIO for newbies, and people who want charts/graphics/or are afraid of > prompts.

After everything's checked off the list, im going to add graphing functions, and support for the JSON extensions so you can get your current balance and total mh/s etc. Smiley
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 11:07:36 AM

Anyone have any other suggestions, tips?
slothbag

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 11:48:37 AM

This looks good SomeoneWierd.. I have been looking for a simple gui miner like this, i'm not a fan of the python "guiminer".

Check out the Mono project, as long as you keep your codebase relatively platform independent your app should run on Windows, Mac and Linux no problems using Mono.

If you can eventually support Ufasoft CPU miner and the CUDA miner that would be perfect.
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 11:54:45 AM

This looks good SomeoneWierd.. I have been looking for a simple gui miner like this, i'm not a fan of the python "guiminer".

Check out the Mono project, as long as you keep your codebase relatively platform independent your app should run on Windows, Mac and Linux no problems using Mono.

If you can eventually support Ufasoft CPU miner and the CUDA miner that would be perfect.

Yeah, it should be pretty much compatible with wine & mono, if not it will after a few small changes.

And i've made it (kind of) modular, so adding support for miners will be easy Smiley

Would you be able to donate? It will make me code faster Wink
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 06:10:54 AM

Beta testing now open, see here http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=10787.0
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 08:15:51 PM

you got too much whitespace

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 08:23:03 PM

You missed some whitespace grue...

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 08:36:13 PM

Got me there. But that's likely a side effect of resizing the window. Tongue

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Atroxes

Activity: 119

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 08:50:47 PM

Write these words on a piece of cardboard and hang them next to your programming computer:

Minimalism
Efficiency
Logic
Performance
Beauty

Cool
Zagitta

Activity: 302

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 09:00:23 PM

Wrong :p Look VEEEERY close and you'll see the word "fan controls" written on it Smiley

Nythain

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 09:04:04 PM

I don't mind a bit of the whitespace. And future fan controls and graphs will be fun. If i want minimal i'd just run poclbm.exe in cmd and minimize the window. If i want a GUI it's because i want something that looks like a program. Granted, i will agree there's probably a smidge too much white space at the moment.

Just had to throw out a little bit of positive feedback there and try to illustrate a valuable point. To each their own, and if its not to yours, don't use it.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 09:07:37 PM

Yeah, I know it says something there, but ... if it's so important that i uses 33% of the window surface, why can't I read it?!

It's not a shame if you just rip off some other program's interface and reuse the proportions, or ask a friend that knows these things to assist. Engineers and designers make different tools. Looking forward to the advanced tool parts Smiley
SomeoneWeird (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 11:17:23 PM

I don't mind a bit of the whitespace. And future fan controls and graphs will be fun. If i want minimal i'd just run poclbm.exe in cmd and minimize the window. If i want a GUI it's because i want something that looks like a program. Granted, i will agree there's probably a smidge too much white space at the moment.

Just had to throw out a little bit of positive feedback there and try to illustrate a valuable point. To each their own, and if its not to yours, don't use it.

Yeah, thankyou, the space at the side will eventually host the fan controls and and mining graphs etc. And I agree, if you don't like it, don't use it.

PM'ed everyone interested.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: