Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:34:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PPC] PPCoin Released! - First Long-Term Energy-Efficient Crypto-Currency  (Read 684281 times)
Verdell

Activity: 308
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:10:36 AM

SentinelrvBrand Manager23m  diandianbi
diandianbi:
I agree. We need to know how to use these funds.I hope this money should be used in peercoin development and marketing, rather than on other related projects
It would be used on all of the above. Read what I said here. Peercoin core development is vital, but so is development of our 2nd layer protocols like PeerAssets. They work to increase the tools and use cases associated with the Peercoin blockchain and those tools can be used to market Peercoin.

So the Foundation is concerned not just with core development, but with the entire ecosystem. Funds would not be given to a project like Indicium because that is a for-profit business that needs to survive based on its own merits. However the protocol that Indicium runs on (PeerAssets) would be supported because it provides a way to draw more projects to run on top of Peercoin, increasing the value of the main chain in the process.

If a PoW tax like this was to be instated then the Foundation would need to provide higher levels of transparency. This would probably include opening a public Foundation board on this forum where the community can be vocal about different topics and even use it for grant requests for projects that would help Peercoin. For example @ppcman could develop a marketing plan and post it in this board requesting funds to carry out the plan. If the board agreed then they would fund it. If not, then it would be up to ppcman to convince them further.

We would also need to have a place where we detail what funds were spent on. A tax like this without transparency wouldn't work very well. The community would want a way to see what is going on and a way for them to be heard. Even then, it would ultimately be up to the board members to make decisions, but the community would at least have a way to influence and convince the board members.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Verdell

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:11:33 AM

I'm in favour of this plan we should move forward with it
Sentinelrv

Activity: 647
Merit: 318

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 02:38:03 AM

I'm in favour of this plan we should move forward with it

I think it would be more effective if you make an account on the forum and post that in the thread. Nobody will see your post here except me.
Paul33

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:36:59 PM

peerchemistProject Leader1h1
Ok I think we've seen enough of this thread. I have been silent so far but I think it's time to draw the line.
If you are new to the thread and this is latest post, whatever was said above does not express opinion of the Peercoin Foundation and the project leadership.

Let me just make some things clear now:

1) Nobody on the "Peercoin team" and the Foundation board has expressed desire to be payed.
2) People who actively contribute to the project now as happy as volunteers.
3) Foundation was primarily setup to be a legal face of the project, secondary it's means to issue a real paychecks for when people do want to get hired. Or when we are in position to hire people.
4) Foundation has enough money for now, at least to handle the things we have to do and for which we have plans.
5) Funds we have now will mostly be used to finish up the legal matters about the project and do some other minor things like hosting couple of development servers and revamping the branding.
6) There are plans to hire a "core developer" as foundation employee but that is still being discussed, if this does come to fruition I do expect community to step up and just donate more.

In the near future (after legal matters are resolved and set) I'll present a new per-project funding system where people can present their project, define it's scope and mission and split it up in "milestones" and get funded step by step while their results are verified by the board which co-own the donated funds in multisig.
Projects will also have expiration date, so the tragedy of peer4commit does not happen again. Fundraisers will just have to finish before the pre-determined deadline unless they want board to issue paybacks to the community. The constant control by the board will also make sure quality standards are met and bugs are fixed. Overall I think this will be great for the community and the stakeholders.
I expect good results from this platform, we'll kick it off with iOS and Android native wallets and see how it goes.

Now, about taxing the miners, minters or other parties or changing the economics of the system.
This is something we are in no position to do, Foundation is merely a shepard of the project and it's mission is to protect the project legally.
Personally, as the project leader I can not allow that this project becomes shitcoin after six years of service. Taxing, motions, and other methods of raising funds from the project itself will drastically change the scope of this project and in my personal opinion will make it a shitcoin.
Peercoin is a drop-in replacement for the Bitcoin and it must be kept as that, it must be kept sane and sound. Controlled by no party but by it's minters. If minters and miners chose to support the foundation, the address for donations is public. Foundation will never force anyone to send any funds.

Futhermore, some people around here often bring up the relative position of Peercoin on the marketcap and use that to describe the status of the project. I will say this as industry insider and I have been advisor on dozen of ICO projects, and will likely be on dozens more.
Market cap is a marketing thing, it's made artificially and it's direct byproduct of "premine" and how aggressive is the market maker. The bigger the premine, easier it is to pump it high. Market making and whitewashing is also quite common and it's quite effective in drawing traders to the party.

This are methods which are disease of modern crypto, I do not think Peercoin needs to be compared by marketcap. I mean, if you want to compare it then please filter out ICOs and un-minable "projects" and then tell me how it looks.
Premine is a normal thing now in crypto, so is having CEOs and CFOs.
Let me just ask you, does Bitcoin have a marketing budget? Does Bitcoin have a CEO?

I agree that marketing is our pain point, it has always been. At the moment we are simply in no position to dedicate manpower to handle that. Do not just complain, do something about it.
Foundation will get to that after we resolve more important matters.
In the near future we can certainly use foundation to accumulate marketing funds and then hiring a professional PR agency or something
Paul33

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:39:02 PM

The best way too raise money for full time pr/ marketing plan was the proposed miner tax no one even knows what peercoin is because they have no marketing none
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5762

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:01:07 PM

I fully agree with peerchemist and will also always oppose a "miner tax". The goal for Peercoin should be to get rid of the last centralized aspects (particularly, sync checkpoints), but never to re-centralize (to become more similar to ICO-funded projects), so it can evolve into a real Bitcoin competitor.

The ICO hype will eventually flat out, and good sustainable currency projects will be the winners. ICO tokens are, that has to be said, a completely different asset class than real cryptocurrencies. What CoinMarketCap does is essentially to mix securities and Forex markets, comparing "market cap" and M1-like values of currencies, and generate confusion (and speculation) with that.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Verdell

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:36:51 PM

While I agree with d5000 about not wanting too be centralized in any way some thing has too be done on the marketing/pr of peercoin you can't say that peercoin has fallen from 100 peercoins too the bitcoin in 2014 too 4000 peercoins too the bitcoin currently that's got nothing too do with ico s and everything too do with the non existent marketing at peercoin
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:06:59 PM

While I agree with d5000 about not wanting too be centralized in any way some thing has too be done on the marketing/pr of peercoin you can't say that peercoin has fallen from 100 peercoins too the bitcoin in 2014 too 4000 peercoins too the bitcoin currently that's got nothing too do with ico s and everything too do with the non existent marketing at peercoin
I think I wrote already about that. Peercoin's problem was its stagnation between 2013 and 2017, when the code was almost not updated. Other coins, in this time, improved upon proof-of-stake concepts - look at Cardano to see where a proof-of-stake currency can stand. Or even NEM. Peercoin stagnated, ignored these developments (with the exception of the adoption of duplicate-stake-detection, but that were a few lines of code).

Peercoin's development since 2017 and the future plans (0.7+) bring optimism back to me. Once Peercoin can demostrate it's not simply an old, dormant coin but a laboratory of innovation then it should come back to the top 50 or even top 20 (of the coins, forget ICO tokens as I already wrote).

A bit of marketing is necessary, but the fundamentals first have to be solid. So I expect solid growth after 0.7+ demostrates Peercoin is on the height of time again. And Peercoin has an extremely good name - maybe the best one after Bitcoin and Monero perhaps, that will help it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Verdell

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:14:20 PM

D5000 I respect what you say your usually 100 pct spot on with your insight all I'm saying though is having no marketing and neglecting the website too the point we're it's absolute could have and should have been avoided I have no doubt peercoin will make it back too being a top 25 coin but these other things I've mentioned should not be being neglected for such an extended period of time
Verdell

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:01:23 PM

Can you up date the information too show that peercoin holders will receive bitcoin air it currently says they will not
Hello Verdell,

I will ensure ALL information is updated upon full completion of the vote for the Peercoin community. This vote will be maintained for at least 10 more days to give sufficient time for the community to put their opinion in.

Thanks!
Verdell

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:02:08 PM

We should be voting in favour of peercoin holders getting bitcoin air. In air drop
d5000
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:02:20 PM

D5000 I respect what you say your usually 100 pct spot on with your insight all I'm saying though is having no marketing and neglecting the website too the point we're it's absolute could have and should have been avoided I have no doubt peercoin will make it back too being a top 25 coin but these other things I've mentioned should not be being neglected for such an extended period of time

The problem I see if we enter a hype campaign now is that people will criticize the old points - "naive" proof of stake algorithm, old code, centralized checkpoints. If you follow the discussion about the viability of proof of stake (nothing at stake problem etc.), Peercoin's current protocol is probably simply not secure for the long term because the PoS participation is too low. And people will criticize that. So we could achieve a short pump but nothing more.

Thus my opinion is - be patient, prioritize development for now, above all of the cold-minting feature which could make the centralized checkpoints obsolete as it will expand and stabilize the validator set, and stay in contact with current proof of stake research adopting the best and relevant improvements. So the critics will have one point less. And, of course, continue with PeerAssets.

Now to marketing: What exactly do you want to change? I believe, for example, that the website isn't bad, it is well branded and looks pretty good (better than the Bitcoin website, and also better than these "generic" sites of other top altcoins like Ripple or NEM which look like a simple Wordpress theme), maybe it could have some more infographics and a slight refresh of visuals but imo it really needs nothing more. There is a Peercoin blog on Medium, Twitter accounts etc. What would you add? This is a serious question, there is always space to improve.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Verdell

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 09:17:26 PM

new investors too peercoin most likely first contact with peercoin most likely comes from the website that's were the meet and greet takes place there should be easy too understand and access  information about peercoin on the website the new user should see what sets peercoin apart from other crypto particular bitcoin since everyone going too peercoin website will already be familiar with bitcoin the website should drive home peercoins best features updated videos about peercoin.  and what is coming in the future for peercoin and it wouldn't hurt if the website looked nice probably in some green tones since peercoin. Is not using the vast amounts of electricity that bit coin is new users new investors new peercoin adopters are the most important asset for peercoin too be successful and it all starts with first contact on the website I can not emphasize strongly. Enough how important the website is while you can't judge a book by its cover you can induce people too read  first pages by it and if it's worth reading they'll continue too
Verdell

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:15:44 PM

embeddedthought
@embeddedthought
Making great headway on the first #PeerAssets API. https://github.com/PeerAssets/papi
Now it's time to con
jiokmnfe

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:25:09 PM

Hello, team
 It's really interesting project.
Verdell

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:32:49 PM

Making great headway on the first #PeerAssets API. https://github.com/PeerAssets/papi
Now it's time to continue tests with integrating it into the PeerAssets web wallet. Testers needed Smiley
PamelaDuma

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:40:28 PM

Greetings guys! surprising trading fees.
Paul33

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 12:40:17 AM

Peercoin should have gone with ppc man plan 2-0 the status quo is why peercoin in 4year bear market
Sentinelrv

Activity: 647
Merit: 318

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:08:58 AM

The current hold up on the website is because I am writing a full description of Peercoin. It starts from the very beginning, the distributed public ledger, what a blockchain is, its main purpose and benefits, PoW vs PoS, Peercoin's development philosophy, our specific mechanics and economics, such as the hybrid protocol, destruction of transaction fees, etc... It is basically a guide from start to finish that fully details the main points of Peercoin, something we lack right now on the current website. This content takes a long time to form. Once it's done it will need to be reviewed and edited by the team and then we will have graphics created to visualize different parts of the text to make it easier to understand.

it wouldn't hurt if the website looked nice probably in some green tones

This is what it will look like. More green will be used in the design and much less gray.
Paul33

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 07:46:43 PM

Ppc lost 85 percent of its value in 6 months but peercoin team thinks there doing great job and are totally inflexible on any changes they should have implemented the miner tax what a bunch of clowns
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: