Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:48:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stabilize the Bitcoin price.  (Read 1199 times)
Coincomm (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 10:21:52 PM

Instead of selling Bitcoins by the Bitcoin, sell them in units of .1 BTC or .01 BTC.

The gains or declines in price will be diluted by the division, making it appear more stable. The market will adjust to the small denominations and speculate in smaller more accurate units. It may improve market perception.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 10:56:13 PM

You don't really believe that do you?
gllen
Donator

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 11:08:02 PM

Pretty genius if you ask me. We should also buy bitcoins in units of 0.1 USD. What's a dime these days anyway? Helps with perception.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 11:12:59 PM

If you want the price to be less volatile do your part to increase the fraction of bitcoin transactions that are used for commerce instead of speculation.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 25, 2012, 11:25:32 PM

Instead of selling Bitcoins by the Bitcoin, sell them in units of .1 BTC or .01 BTC.

The gains or declines in price will be diluted by the division, making it appear more stable. The market will adjust to the small denominations and speculate in smaller more accurate units. It may improve market perception.

This is a joke, right?

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3037

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 06:32:51 AM

Pretty genius if you ask me. We should also buy bitcoins in units of 0.1 USD. What's a dime these days anyway? Helps with perception.
Yup. Perception is everything. That's how I became a multi-millionaire overnight by accounting in cents instead of dollars. Genius, right? But now it seems like everything costs 100 times as much as it used to. Being a millionaire isn't quite what I was hoping for. Sad

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: