Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:32:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] S.DICE - SatoshiDICE 100% Dividend-Paying Asset on MPEx  (Read 316139 times)
Abu22

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:21:19 PM

Yea, that's something I forgot to add to the list, alt coin additions.

lol, they could make a killllllllllinnnngggg if Erik bought tonnes of LTC, creates SDice Litecoin addon, sell LTC.

I can't believe how the opportunity of SDice is getting slipped through the fingers...It's really got nothing much behind it except for the fact it was the first on the scene and as such got a nice head start on gaining market cap... It's doing nothing to keep it though.

I disagree, keep it simple! The blockchain need to handle this load, or else Bitcoin will be a useless payment system.

Of course it can handle this load, but you don't drive your car in 1st gear all the time just cuz it should be able to deal with it. Disagreeing with the wish for more innovation is foolish at best.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 02:48:29 PM

lol, they could make a killllllllllinnnngggg if Erik bought tonnes of LTC, creates SDice Litecoin addon, sell LTC.

Hypothetical situation...

EV adds the option to play SD with Litecoins. In the first month, the site makes a profit of 40,000 LTC...but what does Erik do with it?

Suppose he decides he likes Bitcoin a bit better and wants to convert the LTC profit to BTC. Do you really think the Litecoin markets can handle a dump of 40,000 coins at one time? [HINT: The answer is 'no'] ..or what if Erik becomes a bit nefarious? The amount of Litecoins he'd have on hand would surely be enough to manipulate the market at any time given LTC volumes aren't nearly that much compared to Bitcoin.

Introducing exchange risk into your business is a terrible idea.

fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:10:03 PM

Has Eric got a plan? where is SD going? are we just waiting to be overtakes by a competitor?
I don't expect details that would compromise the competitive advantage, but a little information would be helpful!

ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:12:53 PM

Has Eric got a plan? where is SD going? are we just waiting to be overtakes by a competitor?
I don't expect details that would compromise the competitive advantage, but a little information would be helpful!

Expect delivery in 2 weeks.
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:19:14 PM

Is that a BFL 2 weeks? Smiley
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:56:19 PM

Is that a BFL 2 weeks? Smiley

Aren't they all?
Carnth

Activity: 634

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 08:51:39 PM

I can't decide which is longer (less reliable):

BFL time or Valve Time.
Abu22

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 03:34:51 AM

Being serious or rtying to be funny? From where do you source this info?
ThickAsThieves

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 05:13:14 AM

Being serious or rtying to be funny? From where do you source this info?

"2 weeks" is a copyright of the Butterfly Labs Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
carpetbagger

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

You can trust me, I have an avatar

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:04:34 AM

At the end of this month, I'll detail the current expenses and what people can expect going forward.

Less than 2 weeks away. Smiley

Keep clam & hodl on
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 06:15:42 AM

I could make such a site for free

And that's pretty much exactly what it'd be worth.

Again and again this has to be repeated: it's not the site, stupid. Go make a facebook for free, it's not that hard and it won't matter any more than the previous Winkleloss-backed project mattered.

No idea why this is so hard, but anyway.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
scalar33

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:28:33 AM

SD has lost some people's business or chunks of it for sure.  Some of the alternatives have several advantages, and are certainly not designed worse than SD.  SD has a lot of momentum and is still running on the fact that it's 'The SD'.

62 Posts  BTC: 12UByjpZgQMV1j8Hg8KQuztGbmfb2aD5HM
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 07:53:51 AM

SD has lost some people's business or chunks of it for sure.  Some of the alternatives have several advantages, and are certainly not designed worse than SD.  SD has a lot of momentum and is still running on the fact that it's 'The SD'.
It's pretty obvious that SD needs a instant account based system (as another option) pretty soon.

There's always going to be the people sending coins to SD because they have it in the addressbook, but SD to the average user has being stagnant for months while competitors have advantages like instant results (one of the prime attractions of SD, before people learned to double spend) with the same provably fairness. It's only a matter of time before those services are as regarded as reputable as satoshidice, and blocking US players certainly does not help with growth.
SatoshiDICE_PR

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

SatoshiDice.com

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 06:27:20 PM

Okay, let me try again:

Yes it's true, bitcoins will become a large transaction system (or small transactions if you are willing to pay for the anonominity (wtf is the correct spelling?)).

No it's not true, bitcoins will be able to handle the current amount banking transactions if you include all the support systems built on top of them, the blockchain just is not scaleable to hold the entire system itself.

What this means for SatoshiDice is that they will have to alter their system over time. But that is why they pay so much for technical support, so that they can keep up and running despite systemic changes.

Yea, SDice really needs to hurry up and add accounts along side no account betting. That way they can have almost instant win/loss notifications, save on costs with bulk payouts, stop bloating the blockchain so much if people adopt this account shiz niz. Pretty much all other gambling websites (using btc) have done this, yet SD refuses to leave the dark ages of the crypo era.

SD needs, if they wanna stay competitive:
- Accounts / along side their current system
- New games, inclusive of their current game.
- Friendlier UI (It's still just a shit tonne of numbers on a screen)
- Chat features, both text voice and video for certain rooms/games
- BTC related advertisement's. (Yes we all hate ad's, but because Bitcoin is in it's infancy right now it's imperative that we give new business the ability to gain public eye to a community of people more susceptible to seeing value in that business. Extra revenue, along side supporting BTC growth is certainly not a bad thing. I would implore all large and successful Bitcoin companies to implement some sort of unobtrusive advertising block on their site, while allowing them to vet who they deem to be appropriate and charge on the same basis too.

If ANY of these suggestions get implemented I guarantee it will have a positive effect on share prices, SD usage and consumer enjoyment.

Take em' they're free.
Thank you for your feedback.
We are currently working on the first three points,
Session-based betting enables the user to bet without having to send the Bitcoin for each bet through the blockchain, this allows faster betting and lower minimum amount.
Friendlier UI and new games are on our list of things to do.
Chat feature will probably be implemented sometime in the future.
Ads however will never be integrated Smiley

Best Regards
The spirit of Satoshi

Abu22

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 02:39:31 AM

Okay, let me try again:

Yes it's true, bitcoins will become a large transaction system (or small transactions if you are willing to pay for the anonominity (wtf is the correct spelling?)).

No it's not true, bitcoins will be able to handle the current amount banking transactions if you include all the support systems built on top of them, the blockchain just is not scaleable to hold the entire system itself.

What this means for SatoshiDice is that they will have to alter their system over time. But that is why they pay so much for technical support, so that they can keep up and running despite systemic changes.

Yea, SDice really needs to hurry up and add accounts along side no account betting. That way they can have almost instant win/loss notifications, save on costs with bulk payouts, stop bloating the blockchain so much if people adopt this account shiz niz. Pretty much all other gambling websites (using btc) have done this, yet SD refuses to leave the dark ages of the crypo era.

SD needs, if they wanna stay competitive:
- Accounts / along side their current system
- New games, inclusive of their current game.
- Friendlier UI (It's still just a shit tonne of numbers on a screen)
- Chat features, both text voice and video for certain rooms/games
- BTC related advertisement's. (Yes we all hate ad's, but because Bitcoin is in it's infancy right now it's imperative that we give new business the ability to gain public eye to a community of people more susceptible to seeing value in that business. Extra revenue, along side supporting BTC growth is certainly not a bad thing. I would implore all large and successful Bitcoin companies to implement some sort of unobtrusive advertising block on their site, while allowing them to vet who they deem to be appropriate and charge on the same basis too.

If ANY of these suggestions get implemented I guarantee it will have a positive effect on share prices, SD usage and consumer enjoyment.

Take em' they're free.
Thank you for your feedback.
We are currently working on the first three points,
Session-based betting enables the user to bet without having to send the Bitcoin for each bet through the blockchain, this allows faster betting and lower minimum amount.
Friendlier UI and new games are on our list of things to do.
Chat feature will probably be implemented sometime in the future.

Best Regards
The spirit of Satoshi

Care to elaborate on why ads will never be implimented? I think I've made quite a few fair points as to why they would be a wise move at this stage of Bitcoin development in total. It would help the entire cause.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 01:53:23 PM

Best Regards
The spirit of Satoshi

Care to elaborate on why ads will never be implimented? I think I've made quite a few fair points as to why they would be a wise move at this stage of Bitcoin development in total. It would help the entire cause.

Yes, could you please clarify about the advertising plan. Based on previous postings, the IPO proceeds have been sequestered for advertising but are awaiting the gambling license before proceeding. The $400k+, based on current exchange rates, of advertising spend will help raise significant awareness for Satoshi Dice and Bitcoin.

For example, from the IPO prospectus it states:

10% of raised capital will be spent on a high-profile print marketing campaign in European gaming publications.

Advertising expenses for SatoshiDICE have been in the $100-$300 range per month. However, after
the new site has been released, the advertising budget will be increased to between $500-$1,000
per month (not including the planned European magazine campaign which will be separately funded
with a portion of the IPO proceeds).

However, what can be shared is that SatoshiDICE will maintain strong visible presence throughout
the Bitcoin ecosystem. Further as mentioned, 10% of the raised funding from the IPO [note: 34,500 BTC so 10% is 3,450 BTC] will be
dedicated to a high-profile print media advertising campaign in European publications.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 01:54:39 PM

Best Regards
The spirit of Satoshi

Yes, could you please clarify about the advertising plan. Based on previous postings, the IPO proceeds have been sequestered for advertising but are awaiting the gambling license before proceeding. The $400k+, based on current exchange rates, of advertising spend will help raise significant awareness for Satoshi Dice and Bitcoin.

For example, from the IPO prospectus it states:

10% of raised capital will be spent on a high-profile print marketing campaign in European gaming publications.

Advertising expenses for SatoshiDICE have been in the $100-$300 range per month. However, after
the new site has been released, the advertising budget will be increased to between $500-$1,000
per month (not including the planned European magazine campaign which will be separately funded
with a portion of the IPO proceeds).

However, what can be shared is that SatoshiDICE will maintain strong visible presence throughout
the Bitcoin ecosystem. Further as mentioned, 10% of the raised funding from the IPO [note: 34,500 BTC so 10% is 3,450 BTC] will be
dedicated to a high-profile print media advertising campaign in European publications.
I think they meant that there won´t be ads on the site.
Not that they won´t advertise.
//DeaDTerra
Abu22

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 01:47:56 AM

Yea exactly, I'm referring to a simple ad space on SD so their popularity can both help other Bitcoin business while also giving a stream of revenue. In most cases I dislike advertising, but this in particular is a step forward in legitimising all aspects of of the Bitcoin community.

On the note of SDice advertising themselves...I'd say they should roll out some features worth advertising before we start seeing banners saying;

"Heyy come to SDice, we have this one game that's really out dated copied everywhere and comparatively takes ages to know if you win or lose...please for the love of god don't find out about any of our competition because the only thing we have on them is larger capital so you can make a larger bet here..It won't be any more fun though"

And honestly with the way things seem to be handled in the past few weeks here that's a not far of accurate advertisement they'd choose.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:33:22 AM

Yea exactly, I'm referring to a simple ad space on SD so their popularity can both help other Bitcoin business while also giving a stream of revenue. In most cases I dislike advertising, but this in particular is a step forward in legitimising all aspects of of the Bitcoin community.

On the note of SDice advertising themselves...I'd say they should roll out some features worth advertising before we start seeing banners saying;

"Heyy come to SDice, we have this one game that's really out dated copied everywhere and comparatively takes ages to know if you win or lose...please for the love of god don't find out about any of our competition because the only thing we have on them is larger capital so you can make a larger bet here..It won't be any more fun though"

And honestly with the way things seem to be handled in the past few weeks here that's a not far of accurate advertisement they'd choose.
There's no good bitcoin advertising network, and it's going to be a hassle filtering out competitor's advertisements anyways. Not sure if AdSense and etc will carry gambling sites.
Abu22

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 11:16:47 AM

There's no good bitcoin advertising network, and it's going to be a hassle filtering out competitor's advertisements anyways. Not sure if AdSense and etc will carry gambling sites.

Just like, http://bitcoinity.org/markets

Check the top left.

They did an auction for those advertising rights there. For a Month with the site owner having the final decision of if the winning bidder was advertising an appropriate site my the owners definition. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197985.0 (The winner payed ~12 btc to have their link for a month.)

Don't be so naive, you would get A LOT of interest for a auction on being the sole SD temp sponsor. (even though I would suggest displaying 5-8 links of advertisers)

This would be the easiest imaginable implementation to the website 'OHNOES A FEW HREF TAGS!' While achieving a benefit to all parties involved.
 BTC = more business opportunities to reach higher exposure leads to more successful business
SD = profit and the warm fuzzy feeling of helping the rest of the btc community.
Advertiser = exposure and players = A neutral / slight benefit from using a site that is generating profit external to the gambling ... A simple unobtrusive link isn't going to hinder users and more than the current shit storm of addresses and numerical stats crudely dumped on the screen.

You don't need an advertising network...That's an absurd reason to discount this.

I'm honestly shocked that the idea is meeting any resistance at all... Do you not understand why this is obvious step while we're at this stage of BTC adoption?

But please, I'm keen to hear any valid and thought out criticisms.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: