Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:09:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I send bitcoins form mtgox to instawallet  (Read 14900 times)
ASDFGHJKL (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 08:52:25 AM

I cant figure out how to transfer funds from mtgox to my wallet on instawallet. How do i do this step by step. When I click withdraw on mtgox it bring me to a thing that says something like withdraw wizard where I can choose to withdraw to a band dwolla or okpay, but I dont want any of these I just want to send it to a wallet. HOW?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 09:58:22 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2012, 11:39:07 AM by Stephen Gornick

I cant figure out how to transfer funds from mtgox to my wallet on instawallet. How do i do this step by step. When I click withdraw on mtgox it bring me to a thing that says something like withdraw wizard where I can choose to withdraw to a band dwolla or okpay, but I dont want any of these I just want to send it to a wallet. HOW?

1.) In Instawallet you will be shown your Bitcoin address (e.g., 1Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn) Select it and then Edit Copy

2.) Login to Mt. Gox and access:

- https://mtgox.com/trade/funding-options#withdraw

3.) From the Withdraw tab, enter amount and for the Bitcoin Address field do Eidt Paste
Scroll to the bottom and click Confirm.

4.) Wait until the transaction confirms.
You can see the progress using Blockchain.info

- http://www.Blockchain.info  (Enter in the search field your Bitcoin address that you withdrew bitcoins to).

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

asdfghjkl2

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:51:25 PM

It still isnt working. It says I need to validate my account, but Iv sent money to my wallet before and I never had to verify anything.
mickeyfinn

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 10:59:11 AM

It was more than likely flagged...did you access it by tor or by google? I had the same problem yesterday...I'm new to all this and was under the impression I could choose to validate my account if it was under a certain amount. There was nothing dodgy abut me opening an account yet it was still flagged for some reason...really pissed me off as they have £100 worth of my BTC which I can't access...so I had no choice but to upload personal details which made me very nervous. Don't think I'll be using MT.GOX after this issue is resolved...I think I'll just withdraw my funds and delete my account. I'm not a happy camper. Angry
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 08:08:01 PM

Seems like this kind of stuff is happening a lot lately with them

Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 08:09:26 PM

They're obviously filtering out the small players and looking to keep the big ones.
goodlord666

Activity: 434

100%

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 01:49:52 AM

They're obviously filtering out the small players and looking to keep the big ones.

That didn't make sense.

MtGox are out in the open so they can't operate their service without abiding to government requests.

I recommend not to trust them with significant amounts and using anonymizing services before cashing in and out of them.

Also, talking to their support staff works wonders, too! It seems like they're blocking transactions on automation or something if you're using an unverified account, but as soon as you complain they send the money out.

Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:22:54 AM

That didn't make sense.

They're trying to stay on the up and up to stay in biz. That gets expensive when dealing with a ton of little accounts that make trades of .3487 btc at a time. It costs to maintain accounts, especially when dealing with regulations.

A certain percentage of larger traders won't mind providing all of their info and doing whatever mtgox wants them to do in order to stay in the game. They bring in more bang for the buck than all the small fry that want to buy and sell a few bitcoins a week.

I don't do biz there, so I hope this as a fairly objective opinion: This is bitcoin, mtgox and others growing up. It's bad for the average mtgox user but it's good for bitcoin.  Smaller, decentralized exchanges are already starting in some localities and they'll pick up the slack down the road. I don't use mtgox because I don't like the hassle. Then again, I'm not a trader.
Bitmono

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 07:21:22 AM

If it 's that, then they should clarify their business targets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: