Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:12:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Savings & Trust - Money Returned List (One reported - CLOSED).  (Read 67076 times)
beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 12:58:47 AM

What gets me is that as far as I can tell, most of his "friends"/large lenders aren't saying much.

I would be raising the heat if I was in their shoes.

Maybe they are scared of him getting mad at them too and moving THEM to the back of, or OFF the line.

OR maybe he already started the payments and is asking his lenders to remain silent, just for the Lulz.

Draino

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 01:01:53 AM

What gets me is that as far as I can tell, most of his "friends"/large lenders aren't saying much.

I would be raising the heat if I was in their shoes.

Maybe they are scared of him getting mad at them too and moving THEM to the back of, or OFF the line.

OR maybe he already started the payments and is asking his lenders to remain silent, just for the Lulz.

if that was happening, i'd be concerned of something more sinister than lulz
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 01:04:16 AM

interest payment?

No not interest.

GPUMAX is a service owned and run by pirate@40 which buys and sells bitcoin mining.  I sell some of my mining shares to him and he buys them at a premium over what the current difficulty produces at any mining pool.  The 1.05776 BTC is my cut of today's sold mining.  Yesterday I earned 1.86416 BTC at 16:10 8/20/12.  pirate@40 is still running GPUMAX as if he doesn't want to rip off his customers.

Its only a small payment try withdrawing thousands of coins and see if he still pays  Smiley

CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 01:28:35 AM

If I had been at the dinner in Vegas I would have swiped anything the guy touched then get it dusted for prints and dna tested if he owed me considerable amounts of money  Smiley

Officer,a bad man called pirate from the internet stole my bitcoins

you got 3 seconds to start walking or your going in the drunk tank Grin

tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 01:45:06 AM

I still trust in the refund.
To operate with the amounts that he operates, mtgox should have up his birth certificate and his movements discussed in IRC could be related to his account, is not anonymous.

On the other hand if he were pay, it seems a bit risky maintain this situation, which could adversely affect gpumax

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
sgravina

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 01:45:45 AM

interest payment?

No not interest.

GPUMAX is a service owned and run by pirate@40 which buys and sells bitcoin mining.  I sell some of my mining shares to him and he buys them at a premium over what the current difficulty produces at any mining pool.  The 1.05776 BTC is my cut of today's sold mining.  Yesterday I earned 1.86416 BTC at 16:10 8/20/12.  pirate@40 is still running GPUMAX as if he doesn't want to rip off his customers.

Its only a small payment try withdrawing thousands of coins and see if he still pays  Smiley

It's not a bank.  It is a fee for service.  GPUMAX doesn't hold my coins it pays me every day for mining that I sell.  Those two payments represent 386.82700808 BTC.  So we know that he was willing to part with at least that much since he closed his bank.
SlaveInDebt

Activity: 699

Your Minion

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 03:10:37 AM

interest payment?

No not interest.

It's not a bank.  It is a fee for service.  GPUMAX doesn't hold my coins it pays me every day for mining that I sell.  Those two payments represent 386.82700808 BTC.  So we know that he was willing to part with at least that much since he closed his bank.

Pirate is the median between the buyer of your shares and you. That's not to say Pirates hasn't or doesn't use GPUMax for is own use.

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining, but wants it back the minute it begins to rain." - Mark Twain
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 03:22:31 AM

I'm not sure what the average hashrate of GPUMax is when public work is available, but I would imagine it's considerable. GPUMax also pays out daily, but it's not unusual for there to be a couple day delay before payments are made. If Pirate was about to take off with all the money, it would make sense for him to provide 100% public work for 3 or 4 days that points towards his own private pool. He would get a decent bonus of untraceable coins to add to his tally.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 04:14:18 AM

I'm not sure what the average hashrate of GPUMax is when public work is available, but I would imagine it's considerable. GPUMax also pays out daily, but it's not unusual for there to be a couple day delay before payments are made. If Pirate was about to take off with all the money, it would make sense for him to provide 100% public work for 3 or 4 days that points towards his own private pool. He would get a decent bonus of untraceable coins to add to his tally.

Lol, so suckers gave him $5 million in BTC and they are also mining coins for him?  He has it all figured out.  Genius!

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 04:28:29 AM

sighhhh

so much misunderstanding,of, just everything, by a lot of posters here....

Where have all the old, wise and patient ones gone that used to spend hours on end stearing the misguided musings back on track?

Undecided

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 04:31:33 AM

sighhhh

so much misunderstanding,of, just everything, by a lot of posters here....

Where have all the old, wise and patient ones gone that used to spend hours on end stearing the misguided musings back on track?

Undecided

Staying the hell out of this hot mess, would be my guess.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:34:07 AM

I am trying to understand the logic of lenders... if they get all their coins back but a bitcoin is devalued from this month's highs by 100-200%, then what was the point of lending it out?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
sadpandatech

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 05:36:40 AM

I am trying to understand the logic of lenders... if they get all their coins back but a bitcoin is devalued from this month's highs by 100-200%, then what was the point of lending it out?

That is not their logic. That was the implied logic from some posters who may not have experience with the sizes of capital invloved. I'd think lenders would be more likely to look for new ways to leverage their regained BTC...

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 06:52:09 AM

Lol, so suckers gave him $5 million in BTC and they are also mining coins for him?  He has it all figured out.  Genius!

If you just heard about GPUMAX please STFU.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 06:55:19 AM

Huh? It is not like all of us have time to read every single thread on this board and chase down references to everything around here.  harsh.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 06:58:07 AM

Huh

Given the risk there is little logic,  My guess is they didn't expect to all be paid at once,  Anyway, wanting more coin has nothing to do with USD trading values.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 07:06:39 AM

Huh? It is not like all of us have time to read every single thread on this board and chase down references to everything around here.  harsh.
It is not like any of us have time to read every brainfarts posts.  This place is sickening,
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 08:01:52 AM

+1 / extremely relevant to find out what Pirate is doing with GPUMAX.  This guy could owe as much as $5M USD+ and you are still somehow allowing him to sell your hashing power?  with 10 other way more reasonable looking mining pools available?

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
drakahn

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 08:05:32 AM

+1 / extremely relevant to find out what Pirate is doing with GPUMAX.  This guy could owe as much as $5M USD+ and you are still somehow allowing him to sell your hashing power?  with 10 other way more reasonable looking mining pools available?

Just like BTCST you can read the relevant thread and find the information you want, or you can keep making baseless claims

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 08:29:50 AM

Just like BTCST you can read the relevant thread and find the information you want, or you can keep making baseless claims
Just like with BTCST, discussion of GPUMAX is filled with people who insist that they're absolutely certain what purpose it serves and that anyone who can't figure it out or who claims it's used for pool hopping or money laundering is an idiot, yet refuse to actually say what they think it's for.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: